Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Snipe
WhenGasGrenWillBack?

Class/Position: Sniper, Spy
Gametype: Spy Deathmatch
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
some mapping questions

As some of you know, I've been doing a lot of work in Hammer lately and I need some help with these little "problems".

First off, grenades in spawn. I am assuming that its part of the LUA that doesnt allow grenades to go off in the spawn rooms? I really want to implement that into my map i'm working on. (I also think it should be like that in EVERY map)

Second, spawn rooms that have a "force-field" or lasers that kill the other teams player. Do I HAVE to use something like lasers or could I implement both a door AND a brush/trigger/whatever that kills the other teams players when they walk through an open spawn door? (the door will still only open for that specific team. this would be a fail safe for those pesky spies who like to creep in when i'm leaving spawn... lopestyler, I am talking about you...)

Lastly, I was tinkering with the idea of a hybrid gamestyle. Think CTF with Command Points. The flags will be in the bases, but depending what points you control determines where you spawn on the battlefield. Obviously controlling more control points gives your team an advantage, spawning you close to the enemy base thus making it easier for you to get their flag.

Phew.... long-winded post.

tl dr: help me.
Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote