Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #12
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
About the lack of news:

This is our hobby, not our job. When I find time and the motivation to do FF stuff, I will do FF stuff, rather than write an essay about it. If I stay up until 3 am trying to tweak some run animation I've ported to a player model from HL2DM, I'd rather get it done and go to bed than try to find a way to make that sound interesting. Writing for a public audience is not as easy as you think.

Not only do I have to make it interesting, I have to make it sound positive and avoid confusion. I got a request to make a simple-ugly shield model to replace a melee weapon. We're not even sure how it's going to work yet. Can you attack people with it, or is it just defense? Can you keep it up indefinitely, or will it break? Unless I give out all these details, it raises more questions than it answers. This is for something that hasn't even been tested and won't be released any time soon. I really don't care what details are known to the public, but I'm not going to go out of my way to give out information that may prove to be bad or misleading.

Releasing is a pain in the ass which is why we haven't done many of them. Ironically, most delays are caused by work getting done. If someone is working on a map or feature that's almost ready, we'll hold the release for them.

Contest: guess which class is getting the shield weapon, and win an exclusive beta leak vid featuring a WIP map and model animations. You have three guesses, and only non-betas may guess, of course.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anotherbridgetsuggestion, murray, newton, read, rothbard, thx