Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek Has Pepperoni Nipples
Precisely because TF2 targets a different playerbase. Trying to target TF2's playerbase is a lose-lose: we both compete more directly with TF2 and we potentially lose the players that FF currently targets and that TF2 doesn't.

TF2 has some good ideas (and some might work for FF), but changing FF to target a similar playerbase as TF2 is not that great a plan.
If you don't understand why I quoted this, then go cut your self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
this game was made in lieu of TFC HELLO
I'm sorry, but isn't the game called Fortress Forever, and not Team Fortress Classic:Source? Wasn't the TFC also made in 99? and not 2007(or if you want to say started in 2005, supposedly development started a year before Source 2006 was released)?

In the beginning yes the main goal was to make a TFC:Source, but we saw what happened with that. Nothing, it was the same game as TFC, with slightly better graphics.

Look at World of Warcraft, they've completely changed the way the game plays since it was first released. They realized that 89% of the player base could not or did not want to be forced to raid 40 hours a week. With 39 different people. 11% of guilds had cleared Naxxramas(Last Raid zone for Vanilla WoW)(I was in one of those 11% guilds, yea, raiding for 40hours just for a god damn shield sucked)

Point is, over time, goals change, as did FF's Goals. Getting all worked up(not saying you are specifically are exo, but some people) That this game was made to replace TFC is silly now.

You can't expect a game that has been in development mode for the last 3 year to stay on a straight line, it'll never happen.

Now it's part two of this post: Make fun of Bridget because he doesn't fucking play FF and thinks he knows the classes perfectly.

Quote:
Engineer is the beginner class.
WAIT, WHAT!?! I am sorry, I didn't know that owning people with a railgun was for beginners?

SQUEEK, ME AND YOU CAN'T RAILGUN DM ANYMORE! I R SAD PANDA!

Engineer is the hardest class to use. Why? Because you have a little baby to watch over, two of them. While also defending your self. Talk about multi-tasking like a whore on meth.

@chilled : (wow it took me along time to type your name lawl): Ask Squeek, Elmo, or Bitch Tits McGee Dexter, I bug the shit out of them about the SG.
I FORCEFULLY(His red asshole got pounded with a 4x4 wrapped in sandpaper) made elmo give me all the cvar for the sg and had them all unlocked.

Exo said it perfectly,
Quote:
BUILD BUILD RUN RUN RUN RUN DIE BUILD BUILD RAILS RAILS DIE GUN GOES DOWN BUILDDDDDD EVERYONES YELLING AT YOU TO GET UR GUN UP OMG SUICIDE

Quote:
Now, there have been changes in the beta. I liked them. I didn't see any push increases, but it did survive pretty fucking long when I was tanking it, but should it require having to focus all my efforts on it to keep it up?
When was the last time you played the beta? OH RIGHT, you don't play it anymore because you supposedly think the beta is a waste of time.

Also, trying to judge a SG in a 1v1 game is FUCKING STUPID. Even 2v.

Also Bridget, haven't I also said, if you want to fuck with settings let me know and I would hop on the server and help you with it?

Bitch all you want, but until you start trying shit and helping out, STFU.

You are worse than my ex-girlfriend's dirty bleeding vagina.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #23
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey
I love being a douche.

Last edited by moosh; 10-07-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #24
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
Now it's a total piece of shit. It has been modified patch after patch to suit the pickup community. Yeah, the supposed "most skilled" players in Fortress Forever can't get past a fucking sentry gun. Consider pretty much every change from the perspective of competitive play. The gun has no push now. Scouts just fly right past it. People can literally walk up to it and crowbar it. They can ever so easily drop a dozen 'nades on it without a care in the world. It's trash. There's no trade-off. It's not good in terms of damage output with bad survivability. It's not bad in terms of damage output with good survivability. It is bad all around. Bad bad fucking bad!
I'd REALLY like to hear the dev perspective on this. If you wonder why some of the posts seem so hostile and negative, for me personally this has a lot to do with it. This change combined with others has had a dramatic impact on gameplay and has felt more like sabotaging the game rather than improving it. You may continue to work hard and think up new features, but this feels like such a gaping hole in gameplay and I don't understand the process that lead to such a drastic decision being made or why it's gone unadressed for so long. I'm not asking for full transparency about what the devs work on, but I would really like to know what the full story has been behind the sg changes. If you don't want to post it here for some reason, feel free to PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH
oh yeah and since when is there a beginner class?
Well in TFC it was a solid beginner class, same with hwguy, which has also been nerfed. But yeah, it's a little too "advanced" for me in its current state unless all I'm fighting is scouts and medics.

Last edited by squeek.; 10-07-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #25
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
ok so.. make sg not suck. got it. buff hwguy. then what? thats only going to make current players slightly more happy and not reallly change either 'scene' of course

Old 10-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #26
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
Also Bridget, haven't I also said, if you want to fuck with settings let me know and I would hop on the server and help you with it?
also this. this is the most useful way to find good values on things and betas can play with ffdev cvars until they turn blue. no one does though. the only person that has approached me in such a matter is frogg and I was too busy at the time

Old 10-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
You're tweaking the values of an entire implementation that could be wrong, though.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #28
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
says bridget

Old 10-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #29
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
You're tweaking the values of an entire implementation that could be wrong, though.
That's like... just your opinion bro.

Last edited by moosh; 10-07-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #30
Bridget
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
That's like... just your opinion bro.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjunctive_mood

(´ー`)y-~~ Good day.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #31
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
hey, per you - it used to be fine in previous releases so all we gotta do is change the values to what was used back then.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #32
Bridget
Banned

(´ー`)y-~~ Subside, subside, my good sir, we do not yearn to disturb the staff as they assiduosly undertake in the development of this here modification. Do be reminded that this modification is healthy and whole, and the likes of us few delinquents with our texual representations of our elation and melancholy do nothing but perplex the operative state of things. Shall we retire to effervescent conversations on Anarchism to allow our fellows the convenience of contentment and all its tranquilities? I request that we do!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #33
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

also trimming this thread. you jelly? 4chan is dat way ->

Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #34
Bridget
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
hey, per you - it used to be fine in previous releases so all we gotta do is change the values to what was used back then.
I'm speaking in general. This notion that people can just tweak the values of anything the developers have implemented until we come across something right is foolish. What if the entire implementation sucks? Gotta delude yourself into thinking all it needs are a few value tweaks? I do think the Engineer changes were on track, but that doesn't mean they're optimal. SG raped back when I played in 2.0 I guess you could change them back, but then the entire game isn't as it was in 2.0, so you have to consider that too.

Last edited by Bridget; 10-07-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #35
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
I'm speaking in general. This notion that people can just tweak the values of anything the developers have implemented until we come across something right is foolish. What if the entire implementation sucks? Gotta delude yourself into thinking all it needs are a few value tweaks? I do think the Engineer changes were on track, but that doesn't mean they're optimal. SG raped back when I played in 2.0 I guess you could change them back, but then the entire game isn't as it was in 2.0, so you have to consider that too.
I wasn't talking about in general. I was talking explicitly about SG cvars. but well yeah, exactly. bumping it back to a real solid sg is a good start regardless

Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #36
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Wait.... what the fuck?!

I'm sorry, but I could of sworn you just said the SG was broken. How in hell is the SG suppose to be fixed then? lol.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #37
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
He's saying there's other ways to balance the game than just tweaking values. For example, evaluating broken mechanics, implementing new ones, etc.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #38
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
He's saying there's other ways to balance the game than just tweaking values. For example, evaluating broken mechanics, implementing new ones, etc.
Yeah, but that was his reply to me talking about tweaking SG cvars.
I GOT IT MAN

Old 10-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #39
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
im talking to ricey, nigger

ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #40
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

still applies :/

Closed Thread

Tags
ʘ‿ʘ ʘ‿ʘ ʘ‿ʘ ʘ‿ʘ ʘ‿ʘ, anotherbridgetsuggestion, ffdeadgame, ilikepandas, jewsdidtheholocaust, niggerskilledjfk, yourebadatff