Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
o_valor

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Spy Class

I watched one of the AVIs and noticed that when a spy knifed someone around an SG it didn't go undisguised? Was I just seeing things or is this true? Because when the spy then used his tranq he uncloaked and died to the SG. Or is it because he left a decoy allowing 1 knife and not another? I am just not understanding... help me out guys
o_valor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
o_luminous

if you backstab someone while disguised, you take their class as your disguise instantly, if you stab them and dont kill them in 1 shot, then you lose your disguise
o_luminous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
o_shadow

Good deal... That sounds good for a spy, instead of having to wait to assume the identity of your victim. Unfortunately, the Tranq did reveal the disguise, but... whatever.
o_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
o_ghost

Could you please point out the location in the video where it showed that they spy lost his disguise by shooting the tranq? I just went back and did not see that at all. In fact when the spy sequence first starts he fires the tranq 2 times and still goes up to the back of 1 sg with another SG facing him and is able to tamper with it.

Edit: Ok, just watched it again. Guess I missed the very end of it. He still fired first and missed and did not get killed. Someone who knows more about it can post the specifics of using the tranq and when it will uncover you. It appears from the video that when you actually hit someone it will, but I don't know if there is anything else that determines whether you undisguise or not.

Last edited by o_ghost; 01-24-2007 at 12:40 PM.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

The shot at the end was the only time I fired the tranq. The "switch to" animation for the tranq "cocks" the weapon -- just as the weapon is cocked after being fired. As for why it randomly played that animation: Not sure, I think it's just demo playback wierdness; it doesn't do that ingame.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
o_ghost

Ah, ok, that explains things. Gratned I couldn't really hear it while at work it did look as if it was fired those other times.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #7
o_shade

So is knifing the only way to get disguised, or is it simply a new additional way?

Does disguise slow your movement or anything?

I am trying to figure out if the new ability is too powerful. I like the spy class a lot, but balance is important to me too.

/mourn Feign Death
o_shade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
o_player

I guess you can disguise using the traditional GUI or using scripts, too. And I also remember the dev team speaking of the spy adopting the speed of the class when disguised.
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
o_soundchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
And I also remember the dev team speaking of the spy adopting the speed of the class when disguised.
Oh that's gonna make it even harder to detect who the spy is.
o_soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
o_dragonjojo

I hope he can't disguise as scout and get the speed too.
o_dragonjojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
o_ghost

However I don't see the current ways of spy detection going out of style. Most clans have gotten used to firing a weapon or clicking their voice chat button (especially while using in game voice) while entering a room with teammates in it.

It is going to be a lot harder to detect spies in pubs I think because most people don't use these techniques.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #12
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
However I don't see the current ways of spy detection going out of style. Most clans have gotten used to firing a weapon or clicking their voice chat button (especially while using in game voice) while entering a room with teammates in it.

It is going to be a lot harder to detect spies in pubs I think because most people don't use these techniques.
Those techniques still work. Well, voicecom doesn't yet but I think thats only because it hasn't beem fully implemented in the game, we all use Vent.

What makes it hard now is that the spy changes weapons.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote