Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
gtfo.I Peed In Your Coke!

Class/Position: D soldier - engi if needed
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
hey all :D gg valve ! :(

Well you guys really got shafted by Valve.They killed 2 birds with 1 stone really.They put out a half finished half assed toon fps - rpg game and you guys put out a great mod that didnt get the attention it deserved When you first came out my PC was 2 slow for either but I deff. think you guys made a way better mod I've downloaded FF again and hope to see people playing I'll try and get some people to come play. tf2 is really lame IMO and many others...
gtfo.I Peed In Your Coke! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
gtfo.I Peed In Your Coke!

Class/Position: D soldier - engi if needed
wtf

Theres like 50 servers and 10 people playing.I'd like to visit Valves corporate offices and leave them something special in their coffee pots Shit ! Some1 told me FF was dead but wow Glad I have fast internet or I'd be pissed dl'ing that big file

Old 04-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Icculus
D&A Member

There are usually more people playing at night. If you jump on anytime around or after 8:00pm your time, you can find anywhere up to 50 people playing.. Still nowhere near the numbers that this mod deserves but it's a pretty tight knit community and most of the people in game are cool and fun to play with.

Stick around and hope to see you in game!

-Icculus
Icculus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

You're crazy man! TF2 rocks. If you don't like pubbing much, try playing in gathers it's a lot of fun.
Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
Hirohito
The last true Emperor
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4x View Post
You're crazy man! TF2 rocks. If you don't like pubbing much, try playing in gathers it's a lot of fun.

TF2 supporters crew represent!
Hirohito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
4:30 am... I'm surprised there were even 10 playing. Must be the EU guys.

Ya check back in the evening times, you'll find more people. Not a ton, but usually enough to keep 2 servers going. The populated servers seem to cycle between a few different nights. Honestly I was sorta depressed seeing only 2 maybe 3 servers being populated each night. But I've come to enjoy it, always get to play with the people I know, and it's a really tight knit community because of it. Plus the few servers cycle through most of the maps so you still get to play a bit of everything.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
StoneFrog
Born to Frag.

Class/Position: Demoman
I respect Valve and their choice of direction with TF2 (more or less). I still play TFC, FF, TF2, and even QuakeWorld Team Fortress (when I can find a server - the Phoenix Labs Custom-TF ones often come to life at night). TF2 isn't my cup of tea per se, but it's still fun to play.

I must admit, FF is often underestimated at times. Shameful too since the great dev team has actually put a lot of effort into educating newcomers with tips and map overviews. Even then, it's mostly only played by diehards. Oh well.

I think what was really a problem for FF was how Valve decided to release that TF2 beta shortly afterwards which grabbed away a lot of players. Apparently not all Team Fortress players are as dedicated as I thought. Oh well. Just keep on playing - as long as there's someone on the servers, I'm pleased.
StoneFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirohito View Post

TF2 supporters crew represent!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #9
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desyphur View Post
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #10
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Well why don't all you mofo's go get a room and have a big ol circle jerk?

Support FF more represent:

Old 04-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
Molester

Hmm,If i remember right Valve created Half-Life/TFC so why are we always shitting on Valve.Without Valve creating tfc even better the source engine/Half-Life2 there would be no Fortress Forever.
TFC was a dieing mod as of 2004 or even earlier Valve didn't want to support a dieing mod plus other issues in the tfc community.
I like FF it's lots of fun to play but I don't blame Valve for anything they decide to do.TF2 is a alright game basicly point and shoot type game nothing really competitive with it imo.
The game or mod you'er talking about I have no idea what that is I only play FF or once inawile I play tfc.
Molester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #12
Demasu
Official FF Medic

On top of what molester said, you can't compare TF2 and FF. They're completely different games. Stop fucking comparing the two. Yes, saying one is better than the other is comparing them. You can prefix it with, I think, or, In my opinion, but that's all. Can we all agree on that?

...and you wonder why I love doctors.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #13
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I certainly can, oh, and TFC isn't dead (Molester). While I'm at it, can I say your excellent typing has made me, what I'd say, back away from reality and think to myself, "Is it really hard to double check your words before posting?"

Last edited by Everything; 04-23-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #14
StoneFrog
Born to Frag.

TFC isn't dead. Dying, but not dead. As long as I can play with some intelligent, like-minded people who aren't bots, it's alive in my mind. Servers include:
-TheGasChamber servers
-Royston Vasey (closing May 7th, unfortunately)
-Drippy's 2fort
-The Twisted Network servers
-The [FM] Fun Server

Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #15
Molester

Really tfc isint dead? In 1999 tfc had over 1500 servers that gamers played on,in 2004 maybe 30 servers people played on now theres 2 maybe 3 servers. It is an opinion on what dead is,to me who played tfc in pubs and in leagues since 1999 its dead.
Plus just a bunch of noobs play tfc nowadays.I imagine Kenny is one of those noob late comers that started playing in 06 because I can see by the way he always comments on my grammar he was probably 10 in 1999 if that.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #16
StoneFrog
Born to Frag.

So...when's the last time you've played TFC?

Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 AM   #17
Molester

I played a couple days ago on the tN server.
Usualy I just look to see whos playing ff and if theres no one or no servers full I look to see whos playing tfc.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:31 AM   #18
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 82694 View Post
Well why don't all you mofo's go get a room and have a big ol circle jerk?

Support FF more represent:
I actually do support FF. I just happen to like TF2 too.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:36 AM   #19
SmellyCat
Darknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molester View Post
Plus just a bunch of noobs play tfc nowadays.
Until a few months ago, at least, there were a fair number of very skilled guys still playing in Europe. Not that I'm arguing TFC isn't dead - because it is, despite me still trying to play it.
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 AM   #20
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molester View Post
Really tfc isint dead? In 1999 tfc had over 1500 servers that gamers played on,in 2004 maybe 30 servers people played on now theres 2 maybe 3 servers. It is an opinion on what dead is,to me who played tfc in pubs and in leagues since 1999 its dead.
Plus just a bunch of noobs play tfc nowadays.I imagine Kenny is one of those noob late comers that started playing in 06 because I can see by the way he always comments on my grammar he was probably 10 in 1999 if that.
No, actually I was 8 at that time, and I encountered tfc in 2004. I comment on your grammar because it's fucking ridiculous how people spell on the internet.

What the fuck is up with the u, ur, its, dont, wont, constant misspellings, and shit like that? I'm personally tired of it. I don't care if you use the phrase 'the internet isn't school', like I give a fuck, it's still pathetic to see some 20 or so year old to fuck up a simple word or punctuation that a 12 year old kid wouldn't fuck up. (not you).

Doesn't it bother you at all? Not even a little?