Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 09-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
mixer
Interzone technican

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
more questions

"render depth" - or how should i call it ...
while working on my map, my preview-compilations didnt really finish due to leaks. I didnt care much since i could start the map. I was pretty happy with the look of it, the map has a general dark appearance with almost black, shadowed corners where a player really could hide and hardly be seen, exactly as i wanted. Now after fixing the leaks those corners are lit up far too much since it its properly compiled and lots of additional ambient light made it into the formerly dark areas me thinks. Is there a way to surpress this? I may sound nuts but i want the look of the leaked-version in my non-leaked map

Custom sounds - i was trying to put a custom ambient-sound into the map using an ambient-generic entity. I processed that wav-file using Goldwave and created these reference points. I told the entitiy to play it everywhere and loop it. Its played everywhere and gets looped, but only 2 times, then it stops and i dont know why ...
mixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
For the lighting put -bounce # in the vrad command. Where # is some number. Lower numbers mean darker shadows. 0 will make it look like your leaked map.

For sound, I dunno. You're probably better off using soundscapes if you want a sound that loops indefinitely.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote