de_dust/rockwall01 (new screens) 48 33.80%
nature/rockwall009b (see hammer) 16 11.27%
halflife/-*out_rk* (hl: source & hl1) 14 9.86%
other (please specify in a post) 10 7.04%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #941
stino

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
i've flipped the bases, what a hell of a job in Hammer 4, all my rope connections got fucked up, even the original ones. but it's fixed now.

i also managed to get my doors perfect: red, yellow, blue and green version, and i made a skin for the generator, so if anyone needs a model reskinned, just ask
stino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #942
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
nice job with a flip that big

I know hammer can b a pain to do that in

Perhaps a new beta release in the near future for HL2;DM?
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #943
stino

then i have bad news. i've seem to have lost my steam account, my password that i've always used doesn't seem to work anymore, and my secret answer doesn't work either.

so what are my plans now: waiting till episode 2 is out an buying the valve complete pack then again.

and becouse you can't make maps if you only have hl2dm (yes, i have an ATI card ), i can't work on badlands/ any other map untill then

maybe if ff comes out earlier and donny has improved his mapping skills, he doesn't seem to know what optimizing is, i can trust badlands to him.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #944
own3r
Custom mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stino
and becouse you can't make maps if you only have hl2dm (yes, i have an ATI card ), i can't work on badlands/ any other map untill then
I am not sure thats true:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w..._Release_Notes
Quote:
SDK Launcher

* Owners of HL2MP But Not HL2 Can Now Create Multi-player Mods
Multiplayer mods include maps right?

To get this apparently you need to:

Quote:
Getting the Source SDK Beta

To run this beta version you will need to add -beta sdk0611 to your command line when you start Steam. This can be done by opening up the Windows shortcut you use to launch Steam and adding -beta sdk0611 right after Steam.exe. Please report any issues you find in Bugzilla (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/bugzilla).

Important: You should also disable Steam from running automatically when Windows starts, to prevent it from running the non-beta SDK. To disable Steam from running automatically:

1. Open the Steam window.
2. Choose Settings from the File menu.
3. Click on the Interface tab.
4. Uncheck the Run Steam when Windows starts option.

Image:note.png Note: Be sure to run the game you wish to edit before running the SDK, to make sure you have the latest updates.
own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #945
Donny
Community Mapper&Idiot

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
maybe if ff comes out earlier and donny has improved his mapping skills, he doesn't seem to know what optimizing is, i can trust badlands to him.
OMG!

EDIT: I havent optimized at this point, so I havent had to learn any of that :P Never got my maps to that point. Or when I have I have made them for my own enjoyment. lol.
Even tho Im shocked that you'd be willing to give your bayby to my hands, Im honored.
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #946
stino

Quote:
Originally Posted by own3r
I am not sure thats true:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w..._Release_Notes

Multiplayer mods include maps right?

To get this apparently you need to:
how to launch the sdk? i only have hl2dm and lostcoast, no other games, not even source sdk base

and to donny, from what i've seen, you're not ready for optimizing your maps? from the brushwork you have now, you'll never be able to optimize it right

Old 06-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #947
own3r
Custom mapper

Quote:
how to launch the sdk? i only have hl2dm and lostcoast, no other games, not even source sdk base
I presume when you do the following that source sdk will appear as an option in the "tools" menu in steam from there you can double click and install it.
Quote:
Getting the Source SDK Beta

To run this beta version you will need to add -beta sdk0611 to your command line when you start Steam. This can be done by opening up the Windows shortcut you use to launch Steam and adding -beta sdk0611 right after Steam.exe. Please report any issues you find in Bugzilla (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/bugzilla).

Important: You should also disable Steam from running automatically when Windows starts, to prevent it from running the non-beta SDK. To disable Steam from running automatically:

1. Open the Steam window.
2. Choose Settings from the File menu.
3. Click on the Interface tab.
4. Uncheck the Run Steam when Windows starts option.

Image:note.png Note: Be sure to run the game you wish to edit before running the SDK, to make sure you have the latest updates.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #948
Donny
Community Mapper&Idiot

Quote:
and to donny, from what i've seen, you're not ready for optimizing your maps? from the brushwork you have now, you'll never be able to optimize it right
So basicly what you mean that I will never be able to optimize it? That just cracks me up. Hammer sucks dick.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #949
own3r
Custom mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
So basicly what you mean that I will never be able to optimize it? That just cracks me up. Hammer sucks dick.
Nah its not hammer its just your not used to incorporating optimisation into your design maybe?

If you want to learn about it give this a read:
http://www.student.ru.nl/rvanhoorn/o...36ccac2bf64546
The most important bits are the hint and func_detail sections if you read nothing else read those.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #950
Donny
Community Mapper&Idiot

I know that I have to optimize, but Im more worried getting my brushes together before I start to messing shit up with optimizing.
Even my skybox now is just a big cube, not meaning that I wont chainge it later tho.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #951
MikeQuist
Person

If you lost your steam password and your question doesnt work either, send in a picture of your HL2 box if you bought it...or your hl cd key, on top of a paper with your username, etc, and Valve will usually help out. That's if you bought it retail though. Worked for me when I had my account hijacked. Quite helpful folk there actually.
MikeQuist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #952
own3r
Custom mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
I know that I have to optimize, but Im more worried getting my brushes together before I start to messing shit up with optimizing.
Even my skybox now is just a big cube, not meaning that I wont chainge it later tho.
You might think that but optimisation is something which you need to think about before you even start the brushwork when your designing the layout idealy. If you read the guide on hint brushes etc you will see you need certain shapes to be able to optimise maps which you have to incorporate into your design somehow.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:29 AM   #953
MikeQuist
Person

Owners completely right. Luckily with source though one can be more lax in some situations...but not if they plan on doing anything large or detailed. In TFC however, one almost always had to incorporate vis blockers into their maps. There are plenty of ways to optimize after you have made a map however, so don't let that get you down.
MikeQuist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #954
stino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeQuist
If you lost your steam password and your question doesnt work either, send in a picture of your HL2 box if you bought it...or your hl cd key, on top of a paper with your username, etc, and Valve will usually help out. That's if you bought it retail though. Worked for me when I had my account hijacked. Quite helpful folk there actually.
i bought it by credit card, i still have the receipts of hl2 and episode one, i've send them an email but i didn't get any response.
EDIT: there is hope:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam Support
If you purchased software through Steam with a credit card, please confirm the card type (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), full name, expiration date, and last four digits of the card used with the order(s).
EDIT2: and i love steam for their support, but thats the only good thing about it, their software is still crashing to much in my opinion, especially hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by own3r
You might think that but optimisation is something which you need to think about before you even start the brushwork when your designing the layout idealy. If you read the guide on hint brushes etc you will see you need certain shapes to be able to optimise maps which you have to incorporate into your design somehow.
donny has in his ff_barren a hallway, it's like a skyBOX and inside the skybox the displacements and his hallway, halway is basically just a floor, 2 walls and a ceiling of 16 units thick, and it runs around curved corners, so the area around the hallway will be hell to optimize it its not that he doesn't have long LOS but it's invisible architecture is quite hell for vvis and he has a fast computer so he won't be the first one to notice fps drops

it's fucking hard to explain if i had hammer i whould try to show you what i mean donny

does anyone knows how to add those developer commentary things in a map? could be usefull for beta.

Last edited by stino; 06-21-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #955
stino

ff_badlands download beta 5 (hl2dm, flipped bases, still lots of bugs, but most of them don't affect gameplay)
http://www.sgware.net/?p=projects&detail=1

eh? login to download, lol, i didn't remember that i've put login required on my downloads, here is a direct link: http://www.sgware.net/sgware%20downl...ands_beta5.rar

Last edited by stino; 06-21-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #956
luminous

upload to somewhere you dont have to log in to to download please? :/
luminous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #957
Beetle
Beta than eva'

its looking great. I like the minor layout changes, and the whole in the ceiling of the spawn.

whats with the comment model near the flagroom?

misaligned:

edit edit: also, the doors going to the outside on the blue base (atleast) don't close after they open.
THE lights in the fr pipes are floating in mid-air.

Last edited by Beetle; 06-21-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #958
Nezumi
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: Soldier, O
Gametype: Doubble Mode
Affiliations: Cassiotone Nation
I'll have to give this a DL.

I'm sure you know about all sorts of little bugs like this for now, but in this screenshot
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3..._beta50001.jpg
you should give those two pipe models that aren't being lit the same an info_lighting.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #959
stino

lol ,thx for pointing out that about the lights i did notice, but i didn't want to compile it again just for that

you should give those two pipe models that aren't being lit the same an info_lighting.
didn't knew how to fix that, but could be becouse it's fast rad, but i'm not sure, but giving it an info light could fix it indeed

and can someone explain me those doors:

inputs of blue_frontdoor_rightside:

source: trigger_multiple
output: onEndTouchAll Close
delay: 0.05
only once: no

source: trigger_multiple
output: onStartTouch Open
delay: 0.00
only once: no

did anyone notice the collision problems with the non functional doors in the spawns?

Last edited by stino; 06-22-2007 at 09:23 AM.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #960
Beetle
Beta than eva'

No. I just noticed they weren't functional. Do they lead somewhere? and whats the tiny room where the ladder was on the left exit of the base down at the bottom?
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote