IvaQuaL

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ff isn't released ?
IvaQuaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #982
stino

now it its, but two months ago it wasn't

EDIt: progress! i made a flag and a capture point, and it works!!!
only the red team spawns in blue ressuply and visa versa (yea, i don't know how to use lua... UPLOAD THE DAMD DOCS)

info_ff_teamspawn:
red_ressuply_spawns
blue_ressuply_spawns

Last edited by stino; 09-14-2007 at 08:28 PM.
stino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #983
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Blue Spawn
Info_ff_teamspawn
Name: "blue_spawn"

Red Spawn
Info_ff_teamspawn
Name: "red_spawn"

Make sure you put this in the Lua file:
Code:
IncludeScript("base_teamplay");
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #984
SME
Damn lazy bastard

I'm looking forward to FF_badlands and I bet those flags and cap points will come in handy too!
SME is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #985
stino

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnarb
Blue Spawn
Info_ff_teamspawn
Name: "blue_spawn"

Red Spawn
Info_ff_teamspawn
Name: "red_spawn"

Make sure you put this in the Lua file:
Code:
IncludeScript("base_teamplay");
and how about the sniper spawns?

Old 09-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #986
nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stino
and how about the sniper spawns?
That's a good question. I wonder if you can do that... =/

Old 09-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #987
stino

you can, ... just how?

Old 09-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #988
IvaQuaL

hey stino

i was trying to join the server but i get a map differs error (got it from the link you provide in the server name)

Old 09-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #989
stino

lol, i uploaded that file to my site

PS: for anyone who likes to test out badlands on fortress-forever:
http://www.sgware.be/?p=downloads&f=view&id=28

Old 09-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #990
IvaQuaL

be sure to check out crouchdowntrimping on the sides of the tunnel under the base.. you can get insane speeds

somebody make a map with only tunnels like that and a speedometer !

VVV yeah, i noticed that servers running maps without lua tended to have the no kills on upper right and no score bug.

Last edited by IvaQuaL; 09-16-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #991
stino

eh i'm having weird things with the score, i kill someone but i don't see it appear in the upper right, and i don't get a frag, ivaqual suggested me that it had something to do with wrong lua, so here's my lua file since i don't see a problem:
Code:
-- ff_badlands.lua

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- includes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IncludeScript("base_ctf")
IncludeScript("base_teamplay")
IncludeScript("base_location")
IncludeScript("base_respawnturret")

location_blue_sniper_towers = location_info:new({ text = "Sniper Towers", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_sniper_towers = location_info:new({ text = "Sniper Towers", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_canyon_pipe = location_info:new({ text = "Short Pipe", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_canyon_pipe = location_info:new({ text = "Short Pipe", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_bridge_ramp = location_info:new({ text = "Central Bridge Ramp", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_bridge_ramp = location_info:new({ text = "Central Bridge Ramp", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_lower_canyon = location_info:new({ text = "Lower Base Canyon", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_lower_canyon = location_info:new({ text = "Lower Base Canyon", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_upper_canyon = location_info:new({ text = "Upper Base Canyon", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_upper_canyon = location_info:new({ text = "Upper Base Canyon", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_sniper_decks = location_info:new({ text = "Sniper Decks", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_sniper_decks = location_info:new({ text = "Sniper Decks", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_flagpit = location_info:new({ text = "Flag Pipe", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_flagpit = location_info:new({ text = "Flag Pipe", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_tunnel = location_info:new({ text = "Tunnel", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_tunnel = location_info:new({ text = "Tunnel", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_sidehall = location_info:new({ text = "Side Hall", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_sidehall = location_info:new({ text = "Side Hall", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_flagexit = location_info:new({ text = "Main Flag Exit", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_flagexit = location_info:new({ text = "Main Flag Exit", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_spiral = location_info:new({ text = "Spiral Stairs", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_spiral = location_info:new({ text = "Spiral Stairs", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_sniper_hall = location_info:new({ text = "Sniper Hall", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_sniper_hall = location_info:new({ text = "Sniper Hall", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_rocktunnel = location_info:new({ text = "Rock Hall", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_rocktunnel = location_info:new({ text = "Rock Hall", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_sidehall = location_info:new({ text = "Side Hall", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_sidehall = location_info:new({ text = "Side Hall", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_upper_hall = location_info:new({ text = "Upper Hall", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_upper_hall = location_info:new({ text = "Upper Hall", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_resupply = location_info:new({ text = "Resupply", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_resupply = location_info:new({ text = "Resupply", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_flagexit2 = location_info:new({ text = "Alternative Flag Exit", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_flagexit2 = location_info:new({ text = "Alternative Flag Exit", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_flagroom = location_info:new({ text = "Flag Room", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_flagroom = location_info:new({ text = "Flag Room", team = Team.kRed })

location_blue_pipe = location_info:new({ text = "Pipe", team = Team.kBlue })
location_red_pipe = location_info:new({ text = "Pipe", team = Team.kRed })

location_neutral_canyon = location_info:new({ text = "Main Canyon", team = NO_TEAM })
location_neutral_bridge = location_info:new({ text = "Central Bridge", team = NO_TEAM })

Old 09-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #992
nodnarb

I really liked the way you changed the map up, but can you put a ladderup to the top of the flag platform? I found it rather frustrating having to go all the way around. I also liked the extra passage you added.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #993
SME
Damn lazy bastard

I love it, except you cant use a SG to guard the flag from the upper elevations, which will make this map much harder to defend in most pubs and badlands is already offensively friendly. The flag hole would have to be wider, the flag higher, or the areas above closer to the flag hole. All in all though I cant wait for the final, even if it cant be defended.

Nice job so far!

EDIT:
Another bug: the medic's nailgun wont detonate the gas cans outside of the lower respawn.

Last edited by SME; 09-16-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #994
stino

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnarb
I really liked the way you changed the map up, but can you put a ladderup to the top of the flag platform? I found it rather frustrating having to go all the way around. I also liked the extra passage you added.
you mean a ladder from the elevator platform to the flag platform, in case you missed the flag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
I love it, except you cant use a SG to guard the flag from the upper elevations, which will make this map much harder to defend in most pubs and badlands is already offensively friendly. The flag hole would have to be wider, the flag higher, or the areas above closer to the flag hole. All in all though I cant wait for the final, even if it cant be defended.

Nice job so far!

EDIT:
Another bug: the medic's nailgun wont detonate the gas cans outside of the lower respawn.
you can build sg at different places up there, most of the places are quite difficult to reach with nades, like the plat above the hallway to the spawns, it covers the whole room, all 4 entrances and can only be hit by rocket coming from the rock tunnel, but i'm thinking of placing some doors over there to prevent long range rockets

and the medic nailgun bug is a ff related bug > bug reports
nailguns and physics don't collide with eachother, they could have used the code from the crossbow to make the nailguns behave realistic (ricochet of the walls )

also, things i have in mind:
1. flag exit elevator only from flagpit to alternative flag exit, no connection with tunnel. *done*
2. doors at the end of rocktunnel to prevent rockets destroying SG guns
3. moving the spawn turrets to a place where they can reach the whole resupply
4. clip brush at the top of the cliffs (no concing over the cliffs ) *done*
5. maybe allowing nades/rockets to fly over the cliffs *abandonned idea*
6. a few aesthetic changes
7. activating the sniper spawn room if possible
8. updating bags to contain right contents
9. get the flythrough working
10. get map overview, POI and loadingscreen *loadingscreen done*.
11. spawn pit ladders *done*
12. fixing bugged ladders *done*
13. fixing other bugs i might receive from playtesters

Last edited by stino; 09-18-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #995
nodnarb

Quote:
you mean a ladder from the elevator platform to the flag platform, in case you missed the flag?
correct

Old 09-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #996
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
you can build sg at different places up there, most of the places are quite difficult to reach with nades, like the plat above the hallway to the spawns, it covers the whole room, all 4 entrances and can only be hit by rocket coming from the rock tunnel, but i'm thinking of placing some doors over there to prevent long range rockets

and the medic nailgun bug is a ff related bug > bug reports
nailguns and physics don't collide with eachother, they could have used the code from the crossbow to make the nailguns behave realistic (ricochet of the walls )

also, things i have in mind:
1. flag exit elevator only from flagpit to alternative flag exit, no connection with tunnel.
2. doors at the end of rocktunnel to prevent rockets destroying SG guns
3. moving the spawn turrets to a place where they can reach the whole resupply
4. clip brush at the top of the cliffs (no concing over the cliffs )
5. maybe allowing nades/rockets to fly over the cliffs
6. a few aesthetic changes
7. activating the sniper spawn room if possible
8. updating bags to contain right contents
9. get the flythrough working
10. get map overview, POI and loadingscreen.
11. fixing other bugs i might receive from playtesters
The problem is not being able to build a sg, up above, it's that you can't cover the actual flag (no line of sight from above) with one, from up there.

I assume they'll fix that nailgun bug in the alleged patch that's supposed to be "coming soon?"

Badlands already had a lot of routes for offensive players, you might consider making it a little harder for O. As it is now, there will be no defending, just racing for the most caps, in which case the team with the better medics/scouts will always win.

I still love this map. While testing it, dozens of people tried to join but I guess maps aren't uploaded from the server, like most mods, or there's a new setting to allow it. With everything in the todo list, I assume it wont be released this week.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #997
Donny
Community Mapper&Idiot

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
About the nailgun bug, if you'd actually shoot nail thorugh a gas canister it would puncture a hole in it. Same with bullets. Hollywood&game myths have just messed up your minds.
(Learned this from mythbusters, they shot car fuel tank with diffrent guns, the bullets didnt make spark and anyway the conditions arent just there to light the fuel thus make explosion.)
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #998
stino

yeah is saw that, but it's default hl2 behavior, and why should that be realistic while anything else in the game is eh, MADNESS

Old 09-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #999
Donny
Community Mapper&Idiot

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
yeah is saw that, but it's default hl2 behavior, and why should that be realistic while anything else in the game is eh, MADNESS
True, THIS IS FORTRESS FOREVER! *kicks Stino down the flagpit*
(I couldnt resist after you said madness)
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #1000
stino

how whould you call ff_dm with 16 players? a peicefull meeting on a grassfield?