Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 10-18-2006, 08:53 PM   #41
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
How're any of those going to help? Fact is you're trying to get the birth rate down. Short of measures like what China implemented how do you accomplish that in a free society?

While you're on the subject of education you might look at the education level and citizenship status of those demographics having the most children. I suspect you're going to find those of low education and/or those who are not here legally have the highest birth rates. In a free society how do you further discourage an unchecked birth rate without trampling peoples "freedoms"?
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #42
o_yomamashouse

Limit the population to 2 children per couple. Also, stop letting people in. Immigrants are good if they are qualified but if they are not going to do the country any good you dont need em. You guys dont owe them anything. Points system FTW. On the issue of the lower class, they are quite a difficult problem. Normally i would say grind them into raw materials and sell them but since we are trying not to infringe upon human rights.... not sure at the moment. It sint easy to bring the lower class out of that state because you cant just dish out money.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #43
o_uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamasHouse
Because soon you are going to see the concrete spread it's tendrils over every last beautiful piece of nature you have.
Wow, here's an area both you and I can agree on. I live in a big city and its so disheartening to simply see our natural world capitulating to our modern creations that makes what was otherwise free roaming grounds in to uninhabitable playgrounds of gray.

As for population control, it would be very difficult to do in America. Not only is it a free country, but it's one where the prevailing idealistic idea of the "American dream" includes a family consisting of children. This mindset is one of the factors that contribute the ever increase population growth.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote