Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 03-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
shinichi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
[WIP] ff_nukefortress

The intent: An Invade/Defend shutdown-type map, with two security lasers protecting a nuke trigger. The invading team, if successfully managing to hit the nuke trigger, takes over the base. The teams are now, of course, inversed: meaning the previous defender is now booted outside the base.

However: there is a [one minute?*] delay before the nuclear bomb strikes, and the silo completely closes. During this, the now new Invaders must escape the ownage by entering into their old base's old security room. But there's one slight problem -- it's defended.

Fortunately for you previous-defenders, the old security system hasn't been hacked yet - so if you can get past the enemy and into the room, you're safe from them. And the nuke, too. Waiting for you, in there, are all your buddies and a nice game of cards - providing you haven't lost your limbs on the way.

Following the carnage outside, the defenders finally take full control. It's time to invade again (with the teams' positions inversed, of course.)

So, here's the layout in my head. Poorly drawn, of course.

- Note that the map won't look as crappy as that. d'oh.

Obviously, a lot needs to be worked out. Part of the reason why i'm posting that is for this very reason - I need questions, comments, views on potential problems.

It may or may not seem like the defenders have an advantage, I don't know. But the intention is that the nuke doesn't go off every 5 minutes. Perhaps at most three times per game, otherwise it might get annoying. I'll have to make sure the defenders points are balanced out for that.

... Also, I'm hoping to find a mapping partner, someone who can atleast make the map look decent. Nothing seems to come out the way I intend it to.

* Haven't decided on that yet. That's part of the reason for this post.

All comments welcome. Just don't be too harsh on me. :P

- EDIT: Oh yea, forgot to mention two things.
1) That sniper deck is only opened to the enemy/non-defenders during the nuke-launched phase. Note those circles with the lines through them - they're doors, which open/close depending on that.
2) Also, there is supposed to be a second entrance to the sniper deck on the other side, accessible only to the newly-defending. Forgot to add that.

Last edited by shinichi; 03-03-2008 at 06:21 PM.
shinichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Adamido
Its over nine thousands!!!

Class/Position: midmap pyro / o spy
Gametype: AvD
I think its awesome. Nothing more :P
Also, dont make any corridors narrow. Please. That's gonna change map into mindless solly pwnage.

Last edited by Adamido; 03-03-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Adamido is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
You should have drawed it on paper and scanned... Hand drawn > Paint =D

About the map, if you manage to make it, yay! It will be fun to have a new style of AvD
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
Adamido
Its over nine thousands!!!

Class/Position: midmap pyro / o spy
BUMP.
Adamido is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
interesting....sketch...
Gator- is offline   Reply With Quote