Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 03-11-2008, 03:14 AM   #1
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Would like some feedback

I have until march 29th to write at least 6 compositions that display a variety of styles that i can compose in.

I was wondering if anyone here has had some music theory background or know how to listen acedemically to music pieces.

Here is my first piece. In MIDI format, it's a short string quartet, 2 violin, 1 viola, 1 cello.

The second piece i'm working on: it's a AACB format where A and B are in 5/4 time signature and C is int 7/4;
Here is the AA section of the piece.

It's mid'd in a traditional jazz band piece w/ 2 alto, 2 tenor, 1 bari sax, 2 trumpets 2 trombones, and rhythm section.

The tick sound is not in the original. I added it so that the listener can know where the down beats are. The way i've structured it, it's upto the ensemble leader to decide how the rhythm section (piano, base, guitar, drums, percussion, etc) "flavors" the composition.

I might as well mention here, it's inspired by something like Pat Metheny Group's "The First Circle"

Honest feedback would be much appreciated, even "this sucks," provided that the post can constructively help me unsucks it.

Last edited by Dr.Uudge; 03-15-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
updated with first part of the 2nd piece i'm working on, which is in 5/4 and 7/4 time sigs
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote