Old 10-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #21
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
I would be glad to spread the word, does anyone have any nice sig's that i can put in? If so please send them to me, my photoshop skills fail or i would do something myself.
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #22
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
how about a steam skin for FF? i think the insurgency mod does something like that?
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #23
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

i think at this point anything anyone can do media wise to help would be appreciated (with the dev team's approval)

Old 11-07-2007, 02:21 AM   #24
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Damn... im asking since like a month, im creating a clan for FF (with guys like soulja and other people that plays good), FF is the only game that i play, i helped the community with screenshots and guides, blah blah...

I know, maybe im new in this forum but not new in TFC or FF, im not lazy or something, i really cant get hl2 so please if anybody has one to gift, please consider it.
GhostBuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #25
D3pth
ModCenter Site Director

Send a message via ICQ to D3pth Send a message via AIM to D3pth Send a message via MSN to D3pth Send a message via Yahoo to D3pth
how do you play ff if you don't have hl2?
D3pth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #26
barronofhellion

serious though we need some action, there should be no reason for this great mod to die
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #27
D3pth
ModCenter Site Director

Send a message via ICQ to D3pth Send a message via AIM to D3pth Send a message via MSN to D3pth Send a message via Yahoo to D3pth
Not to toot our own horn or anything, but FF's first release was VERY solid and I think that was in part due to FilePlanet's help. The second release was not promoted very well (FilePlanet didn't even know about it till the next day) and as such hasn't been as successful. I think for 1.2 the team should consider working with FP again and doing a well-promoted release instead of trying to "go indie" style.

Like it or not, consumer impressions are what bring in the downloads.
D3pth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #28
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
how do you play ff if you don't have hl2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBuster View Post
In my country, ALL the online games servers or at least the 99% (the 1% remaining is always empty) use hacked steam or "no steam" hacks. This is because the games reach way too late our country an when they do, very few people buy them cos of the price (1 dolar = 3.20 pesos, our coin). And of course the other thing is that the gaming communities give a crap if people buy the game or not, they only care if their servers are always full.
I dont agree with all that but well... its where i live. So we play FF on a pacsteam craked server, just as the other steam games (or no-steam ones). The thing is FF`s community in argentina isnt too big, and i want to play in a clan that actually has matchs with another team, better if is with the friends that i made in the FF forum and ingame... i link to some guides i made in the FF forum and posted some of the screnshoots that i took for those guides, including the class pics... they got posted here too http://forums.thecatacombs.net/showthread.php?t=99371

In case you dont believe i posted em here first: http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...ad.php?t=12583 and i also place a tinny and faded "ghostbuster" in all the screnshoots, just in case
There you go, quoted from the catacombs forum.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #29
Adamido
Its over nine thousands!!!

Class/Position: midmap pyro / o spy
Gametype: AvD
Promote Fortress Forever on irc channels! Join irc.quakenet.org and channels like
tf.wars ,and other fortress channels when posting on forum or sth.Im promoting Fortress Forever as I can, but we need more active people on ircs :P
Adamido is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #30
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamido
Promote Fortress Forever on irc channels! Join irc.quakenet.org and channels like
tf.wars ,and other fortress channels when posting on forum or sth.Im promoting Fortress Forever as I can, but we need more active people on ircs :P
I've been trying to get the word out on any IRC channels I know of...do you have a list of irc channels that would be good to talk in?
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 11-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #31
barronofhellion

well i think we could get a lot of tfc players if they would just upgrade there damn pc... if i get time this weekend ill try and join some tfc servers and pimp ff

Old 11-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #32
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
To be honest, I've begun to worry less and less about FF's growth. Right now, we have a pretty consistent community which doesn't look to be going anywhere. I can join about any time of day and find at least two servers which I'm satisfied to play on. As long as this community stays so stable, it can only get better.

-Joker
Private_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #33
barronofhellion

just the same , id like to have more then 2 options of servers to join, that way i dont have the choice of the same map i just plaied .. or the insane bordom of waiting for somebody to leave so i can join a server with players in it... i think bots might help for the newbz that dont realise at least to hold them there til' real players join

Old 11-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #34
Hired-Gun
HG'S ARMAMENTS

http://fortress-forever.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4285

My offer still stands!!!
Hired-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #35
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired-Gun

Damn, I'd love to have one of your creations. Too bad the devs/betas/forum admins would need to be barred from the contest.

Anywho, can you post some pics of your artwork again?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #36
Saint Thoth

When I first saw 1.0, I started spreading the gosphel of FF to every gamer forum I've visted for awhile now (which is quite a few)... I actually got one of my accounts booted off the Steampowered forums for using the following sig though:

Quote:
Team Fortress, as it was meant to be: fast, frantic, and team oriented:
http://www.fortress-forever.com

Thothie
So, be careful what you say on Steampowered. Valve don't like competition.

The community was shrinking to a frighteningly small size for awhile there - and its still pretty small. Interest peeked again with release of the patch - hopefully it'll gain some more momentum with FF 1.11

There’s still a few too many bunk servers running on the best pipes though… 24/7 map xxx, and dedicated conc jump servers (my favorite server runs a fake player count plugin, complete with fake names - which also is not nice! ). People tend to jump onto the lowest latency servers they can find, so it’d be nice of those with nice hosts made servers that left a better impression on the new comers, and presented the full range of FF.

His Pinkness has the best pipes around (dual OC-196's) - but being a medic nut, he won't run an FF server unless/until the medic infection comes back (or I work up something to re-enable it myself). Plus it'd have to wait till he sets up the new box anyways. Between the most popular TFC server remainng, and the NS Jigglypuff servers, the box is pretty taxed.

Last edited by Saint Thoth; 11-08-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Saint Thoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #38
TACO-BELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private_Joker
To be honest, I've begun to worry less and less about FF's growth. Right now, we have a pretty consistent community which doesn't look to be going anywhere. I can join about any time of day and find at least two servers which I'm satisfied to play on. As long as this community stays so stable, it can only get better.

-Joker
Umm Crysis and UT3 are due out this month and they look a hell of a lot better than TF2 or FF. This mod won't survive a year if it just stands still. In 6 months I'd be surprised if there's more than 1 populated FF server around-- unless the devs fix these bugs quick and we get some attention to FF (in that order). UFGamers FF server is toast as of today and the numbers keep declining.. this thing is on its deathbed right now.
TACO-BELL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #39
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO-BELL
Umm Crysis and UT3 are due out this month and they look a hell of a lot better than TF2 or FF. This mod won't survive a year if it just stands still. In 6 months I'd be surprised if there's more than 1 populated FF server around-- unless the devs fix these bugs quick and we get some attention to FF (in that order). UFGamers FF server is toast as of today and the numbers keep declining.. this thing is on its deathbed right now.
The mod is NOT standing still.

Bugs have been fixed rather rapidly.

I'm jumping on the deathbed every night.

Take your meds.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #40
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Nice one hired gun, and i like a lot more the first FF logo than the "oficial", this one: http://www.fortress-forever.com/?a=media&id=logo_steel