Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Any good push map servers?

I was wondering if anyone knows of any servers that only run push maps (basically dustbowl and/or cornfield) since I vastly prefer that to CTF. I've seen some good ones, but they've all been in the UK, so the only time there's people in them is when it's mid-day here (central USA), not the time I usually do any gaming. Are there any populated servers like this or am I SOL for now?
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
richard nixon

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
you mean attack/defend or invade/defend whatever

push maps is like ff_push

I think most servers just play random maps except for those 24/7 well and dev_2forts
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #3
Eunomia

Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
I feel the same way. I see no AvD/push map servers in my time zone (California). I have mostly given up because I feel the Fortress-Forever developers have focused mostly on CTF, which in my opinion will not draw in new players. So for now I play TF2 because I feel it will bring about the slow death of CTF, something I have hoped since I started playing TFC when it was RELEASED! NO teleporters, Regular grenade HH's are crap! That is like a FU to the ADL community, so TF2 it is for me till they show me otherwise.

Plenty of push only servers in TF2, some even have no respawn delay

Old 10-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Whoops, I screwed up, I meant to put this in the server section. But yeah, I do mean attack/defend maps. Those have so much more appeal to me because the goal is tangible, as opposed to something like 3 points. As offense, you have to break through any way you can, and as defense you have to keep those bastards back. I just love the frenzied feel it brings to the game.

Quote:
I have mostly given up because I feel the Fortress-Forever developers have focused mostly on CTF, which in my opinion will not draw in new players
Well hopefully it won't stay that way, because really all it needs to be fixed is more people playing in attack/defend maps and maybe a few more maps to boot (I think warpath especially will bring back some players). I mean my god, if you thought dustbowl was good in TFC, it's mind blowing in FF with its faster movement and awesome ragdoll action.

As for TF2, I guess if the situation continues I might cave in and go to that, but I'm not crazy about the whole cartoon look, it doesn't have the same level of insanity that FF dustbowl does, and I just can't play the servers that have respawn delay.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote