Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #141
tin

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
Well if you can't be a properly constructive person, why even bother coming here? To bitch?
I'm voicing my opinion...on a public forum...who would have thought

Old 10-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #142
A1win
Nutcracker

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to A1win
200 players is more than enough for me. They don't even fit on one server.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #143
PsYcNeT
Black Chancellor

Yes, but why bother telling the people who made the game to just pack up their shit and go home? The only reasons I can think you would bother to are:
a) you love pointing out peoples shortcomings
b) wish to see the game fail and are rubbing their noses in the smallish playerbase
c) have nothing better to do
d) are one of those people who constantly take a stance and cream their pants at the thought of yelling 'I TOLD YOU SO!!!@#$!" down the road if in fact their apocolyptic vision comes true

So what is it? Are you a) shallow, b) vindictive and juvenile, c) bored, or d) pathetic?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #144
Direhit
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Well if you can't be a properly constructive person, why even bother coming here? To bitch?
No offense, but if being a properly constructive person is a mandate for posting on these forums, then about 99% of the current forum users need to immediately stop posting.

There's a difference between bashing a game and giving your honest opinion and in this case I don't suspect the latter.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #145
Techno-P

Quote:
Coming on the forum to troll for negative responses is immesurably juvenile and not conducive to anything but a circular argument.
Very true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin
It seems like every 2nd or 3rd message I see in an FF server is someone complaining about someone or something.
You get that in ANY game, happens more in CS:S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin
I'm just a gamer who wants to play games.
Well stop making forum posts about this game, and go and play a game you like. Just because you are on the internet, and have a "voice" doesn't mean you can use it to spout your biased views to everyone on a public forum.. "If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all" should be your mentality here..

If i dont like a game, i stop playing and move onto something else, i dont leave a few "parting words" before i stop, so it makes me look like a complete knob head.

You know where the door is, dont let it hit you on the way out!

Old 10-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #146
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Well, you should take a second to look at the banner where it says Fortress Forever. I dunno I don't really mind criticism, but there's no need to just openly bash this mod. I doubt you considered the actual amount of work and dedication it took to release this mod. These people did it for free, we didn't pay them, no one did, they did this for US, and then ungrateful people like yourself come along and completely bash what the Devs have done. I'll say it again, THIS GAME IS FREE, WAS MADE FOR FREE. There is no way ANY fledgling mod team could compete with Valve, that isn't THEIR fault, as stated MANY times in countless interviews, the release date was coincidence. Sure, this is a public forum, but by posting on the Fortress Forever forums, people are going to criticize you right back. Many of the people here have waited a LONG time for someone to release a decent mod for TFC. Valve released TF2, which is nothing like TFC or any TF game of the past, and the FF devs released this. Just pick one and shut up, no need to be negative.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:45 PM   #147
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin
I'm voicing my opinion...on a public forum...who would have thought
tin, we're all allowed to express our opinions too. While you're free to say whatever you like, you have to expect that not everybody will agree with you.

In this case, you've instigated everyone who you already know to disagree with you to come out and disagree, and now you're complaining about it.

You can have your opinion, and you can share it with your friends. But coming up in here and making trouble for the sake of trouble is not acceptable. It'll lead to yet another thread of constant bitching back and forth about whose game is better, and I was sick of that weeks ago. THAT is why this thread should be

killed.

-Joker

Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #148
fmpfmp

You are a troll and I say why:

1 - What's the problem with release date? It's not paid mod, it's a free mod. What do you want more?

2 - Is Counter-Strike: Source original at your opinion? No but it's the number 1 online multiplayer game.

3 - I agree with you but the community reduced much after Source games launch. It's natural, TFC are a out to date game. Only the hardcore gamers and fans have continued.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #149
punkrockrocks
When patch will out?

the community for this game is actually not so bad. CS:S has a MUCH WORSE community. other free games like GunZ: The Duel, etc. have MUCH WORSE communities... you must have not played many computer games. the way I see it, this thread was just made to put this game down and to put down the people who are promoting it. the devs were trying to release before TF2. that was their goal, and it was achieved. the reasons why no one plays TFC anymore are the graphics AND the unbalanced gameplay due to Valve not updating it anymore, obviously. don't say that there are "many problems with TFC that you've included in FF" without actually citing any particular things...

Old 10-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #150
Nigel Mainsail

What are you talking about? Why don't you have a 'constructive' conversation about his thoughts instead of that hypocritical bullshit.

I quite like the game, and would even more with a few little tweaks. I'm too scared to suggest things like toning the spy down a bit, reducing the hw accuracy at distance and reducing the sg hit points because I've seen a fair few posts saying pretty much the opposite on this pretty hostile (yes) forum.

I always thought the dev team was too small, too chummy and too closed from what little I could tell, I kind of feel we should have been playing the game as it is now like a year ago. I've read some fantastic arguments claiming quality control and only releasing a very polished finished game (so non-tf players didn't give up on it after one buggy game? what?) etc was the reason for so few developers.

My main problem with the game is the models and colours - I find it pretty hard (harder than I'd like anyway) to tell what class and colour people are when there's lots of action or at distance, that and I can't see grenades without a microscope.

Can you rustle up a few more players too please?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #151
Zaskar

Its not just FF, It is really sad but its like the entire mod scene is dying with HL2, most mods now are dying before they finish cause of the tremendous effort to make a mod that keeps up with the newer engines standards compared to HL1, and then ontop of that, not enough people download and play it, its like people are gettin set in their ways.

When you get right down to it, just about every singly 3rd party mod EVER has died aside from CS and DoD, and you cant tell me those were the only good ones in all of Half Life history.

Most gamers are epically lazy and wont install a separate game or go looking for one when there is games he doest mind playing already easily accessible in his Steam list.

If Valve REALLY wanted to help modders, I mean Really instead of just acting like they want to, they could expand steam to allow for mods to be downloadable THROUGH steam (but just as redirect links, still hosted on the mods private servers) and also updatable automatically the same way, like normal steam games, but hosted on the private servers.

The thing the modders need more then ANYTHING isnt more tools, its the ability to get their game out to the people easily, along with free advertisement, something that can only effectively be done through Steam now. Imagine if they had a "Mod" tab, where you could go through a list of private mods, along with a few pics and a description (submitted by the mods group)

Its what would make Steam a truly good platform, its in its potential, but till they do that, all mods are doomed to have a ~200 person player base and start their life like an already dying star.

Truth is they dont want to support modders right now. They did with HL1, because they werent making anything new to sell, and the mods kept selling new copies of the games.

Now that they are selling things like CS, DoD, TFC2, HLDM, and so on separately and still making new games, they without a double dont really want to have mods taking away from sales of those other games, that arent required to play the mod (Unlike Halflife/tfc, which was 1 package, and required to play the mods)

Last edited by Zaskar; 10-05-2007 at 07:00 PM.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #152
tin

Well, thanks to all of you for proving my point that the FF community is the absolute worst community in gaming.

A guy can't even come on the forums and give an honest opinion without being called a troll etc etc. You guys need to grow up.

Cya.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #153
PsYcNeT
Black Chancellor

Well if your honest opinion is equivalent to flame-baiting, then yeah, you can't

Old 10-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #154
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private_Joker
tin, we're all allowed to express our opinions too. While you're free to say whatever you like, you have to expect that not everybody will agree with you.

In this case, you've instigated everyone who you already know to disagree with you to come out and disagree, and now you're complaining about it.

You can have your opinion, and you can share it with your friends. But coming up in here and making trouble for the sake of trouble is not acceptable. It'll lead to yet another thread of constant bitching back and forth about whose game is better, and I was sick of that weeks ago. THAT is why this thread should be

killed.

-Joker
Today is your lucky day!

Closed Thread