Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #361
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Is reading a public Myspace profile a blatent invasion of other's privacy?
I'm pretty sure making a copy of someone's personal information and then posting it after they've removed it from public domain is. So is searching for an aerial photo of someone's house and posting it as some kind of creepy "You are not safe on the internet" thing.

You're answering a question with a question, again. Make your mind up, was your behavior in that thread objectionable or not? Why did you go back and delete all your posts?
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #362
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
I'm pretty sure making a copy of someone's personal information and then posting it after they've removed it from public domain is. So is searching for an aerial photo of someone's house and posting it as some kind of creepy "You are not safe on the internet" thing.

You're answering a question with a question, again. Make your mind up, was your behavior in that thread objectionable or not? Why did you go back and delete all your posts?
Fine, I'll spell it all out for you and I'll use small words so you don't get confused again.

1) Was the act of looking up "ZenCheetahs" public MySpace "ZenCheetah" profile a blatant invasion of his personal information? No, and I've let you claim that a few times so that people would see you're lying. You say I've "invaded his personal information" when it was clearly public, the idea that the content was private is a complete fabrication on your part ekiM. If you honestly believe that a public MySpace page is private information then this matter is over, we'll never agree.

2) Did Scuzzy post anything that ZenCheetah did not have available to the general public? Absolutely Not. Any content that was not public for the last year and a half, or that ZenCheetah changed on his profile after he decided to make the profile private was not included in my post.

3) But ZenCheetah made the site private, so the content must have been private after it was shown. Isn't that the a volation? Two things. First, ZenCheetah's profile had been public since before February 2006, it had been up and completely public for over a year. It was obviously content he was proud of and had worked hard to display for a long time to the public. After a year and a half of being public the information is common knowledge and can be considered well known. He knew it was public, he meant it to be public. Only after his friends here were made aware of his site did it become an embarrassment to him. Second, I only posted it because he lied about the information in the profile, he claimed he hadn't touched the page in months when in fact he'd been on it within the last week or so. It was to primarily show a pattern of lying, which I made clear in my post and by circling the date of last login. But yes, I also did so to embarass him, see next question.

4) Was the act of making fun of ZenCheetah describing himself as "Slim and Slender 6'4 White Caucasian Gemini" a bad thing to do? Yes, to which I've admitted several times.

5) Why did you go back and delete all your posts? I deleted the posts because you felt they were derogatory to ZenCheetah, apparently made you feel "creepy" because I made fun of someone. Why do you keep bringing up material that he was obviously ashamed of if you know it causes him pain?

6) Is Scuzzy sorry for making fun of the Slim and Slender Gemini? Yes, it was a low blow, no pun intended.

7) So is searching for an aerial photo of someone's house and posting it as some kind of creepy? Depends on why they did so. This individual, if I remember correctly, was claiming that the internet was anonymous and that people could get away with whatever they wanted without having to worry about being known. I showed him his house to proved him how wrong that assumption is, that the internet is much more public then he thought. I did not include his address, or anything that would lead people to him. Just a google photo of his house available from many whitepage sites. Again, I've allowed you to describe the situation a few times so that others could see how you're intentionally trying to manipulate the actual story. I knew you'd try to characterize it as a stalking thing, and that's fine, you're normally lying bout little things here or there or claiming that you interpreted things a certain way to move a conversation the way you want. It has no basis in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
I also find it amusing to see an unarmed man in a battle of wits.
This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. I don't want to stoop to your level of witty name calling or making fun of someone. I do not understand your need to cut other people down. I have my suspicions, simply because your pattern and demeanor are classic symptoms, but I'm going to continue to let you decide if you want to discuss those issues.

Is there more attention you need?

Scuzzy

Old 09-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #363
Etzell
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
7) So is searching for an aerial photo of someone's house and posting it as some kind of creepy? Depends on why they did so. This individual, if I remember correctly, was claiming that the internet was anonymous and that people could get away with whatever they wanted without having to worry about being known. I showed him his house to proved him how wrong that assumption is, that the internet is much more public then he thought. I did not include his address, or anything that would lead people to him. Just a google photo of his house available from many whitepage sites. Again, I've allowed you to describe the situation a few times so that others could see how you're intentionally trying to manipulate the actual story. I knew you'd try to characterize it as a stalking thing, and that's fine, you're normally lying bout little things here or there or claiming that you interpreted things a certain way to move a conversation the way you want. It has no basis in fact.
Scuzzy, there are ways to let people know that the internet isn't anonymous without being totally creepy. Posting a picture of someone's house is creepy, no matter how big of an arrogant prick they're being.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 09:33 PM   #364
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
Scuzzy, there are ways to let people know that the internet isn't anonymous without being totally creepy. Posting a picture of someone's house is creepy, no matter how big of an arrogant prick they're being.
I didn't post his name, which people could use to find him. I didn't post his address, which people could use to find him. I didn't post his phone number, which people could use to find him. I posted a google satellite photo of the roof of his house from a "map-it" button, which couldn't be used to find him what so ever, but showed him that the internet (with very few clicks) has no anonymity. Considering the "no proof! no proof!" hysteria you guys go through half the time I'm surprised it wasn't a requirement I get a DNA sample from the guy.

I made my point, you obviously don't like it considering you're calling me names, but that's how you win debates, with name calling.

Scuzzy

Last edited by Scuzzy; 09-10-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #365
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Affiliations: Knights of the Round
Send a message via MSN to Zydell Send a message via Skype™ to Zydell
Quote:
I didn't post his name, which people could use to find him. I didn't post his address, which people could use to find him. I didn't post his phone number, which people could use to find him. I posted a google satellite photo of the roof of his house from a "map-it" button, which couldn't be used to find him what so ever, but showed him that the internet (with very few clicks) has no anonymity. Considering the "no proof! no proof!" hysteria you guys go through half the time I'm surprised it wasn't a requirement I get a DNA sample from the guy.

I made my point, you obviously don't like it considering you're calling me names, but that's how you win debates, with name calling.

Scuzzy
Scuzzy, looking backwards, don't you agree that it was just a bit of a silly thing to do I don't think of it too serious a thing though; it's just that Scuzzy has to much time for this internet-quarraling hobby of his
Zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #366
Zencheetah

Quote:

3) But ZenCheetah made the site private, so the content must have been private after it was shown. Isn't that the a volation? Two things. First, ZenCheetah's profile had been public since before February 2006, it had been up and completely public for over a year. It was obviously content he was proud of and had worked hard to display for a long time to the public. After a year and a half of being public the information is common knowledge and can be considered well known. He knew it was public, he meant it to be public. Only after his friends here were made aware of his site did it become an embarrassment to him. Second, I only posted it because he lied about the information in the profile, he claimed he hadn't touched the page in months when in fact he'd been on it within the last week or so. It was to primarily show a pattern of lying, which I made clear in my post and by circling the date of last login. But yes, I also did so to embarass him, see next question.

Scuzzy
A few things, that page was made due to one friend harrasing me to make it so we could stay in contact, I wrote everything on it so he wouldn't keep me on the top 10 and then never really used it much after that, aside from a few random people who say hi.

Never was proud of that shitty page, so please don't jump to conclusions. And damnit, I'm proud of being a slim and slender sexy man beast. Rowr.

The point is though scuzzy, you have a habit of looking up information when disturbed, and yes... It's rather a desperate move to win a "discussion". In the case with me, it didn't work. You should look up ekims house now and find his message history.
Zencheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #367
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencheetah
A few things, that page was made due to one friend harrasing me to make it so we could stay in contact, I wrote everything on it so he wouldn't keep me on the top 10 and then never really used it much after that, aside from a few random people who say hi.

Never was proud of that shitty page, so please don't jump to conclusions.
You put a lot of work into something you weren't proud of, but that's your call.

Quote:
The point is though scuzzy, you have a habit of looking up information when disturbed, and yes... It's rather a desperate move to win a "discussion". In the case with me, it didn't work.
It's a nice exaggeration, it looks really spooky, but the fact is Zen that you lied, and you got caught. You can say I have a "history" if you want, but we both know that's not true. Ya got caught, and you're obviously embarrassed, you want to try and blame me and make me out to be a stalker, that's fine and dandy, but it's not my fault this keeps getting dragged out into the open.

Quote:
You should look up ekims house now and find his message history.
LOL, finding message histories what ekiM's been doing, not me!! LOLOLOLOLOLO THAT made me laugh out loud... thanks for proving my point, YOU ROCK ZEN!

Scuzzy

Old 09-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #368
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydell
Scuzzy, looking backwards, don't you agree that it was just a bit of a silly thing to do I don't think of it too serious a thing though; it's just that Scuzzy has to much time for this internet-quarraling hobby of his
I have a tendency to rial up the Atheists, they don't like me cause I'm happy.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #369
Zencheetah

I said house with that. He was proving a point, you were just being a creepy bastard.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #370
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Affiliations: Knights of the Round
Send a message via MSN to Zydell Send a message via Skype™ to Zydell
Quote:
Poor atheists! I envy their certainty of knowing answers to questions so majestic that I feel sure to be unable of it, as I envy religious people of knowing the very same thing!
Zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #371
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
I said house with that. He was proving a point, you were just being a creepy bastard.
I'M THE BOOGY MAN!! ooooOoooOOOOOOoooooooOOOO

Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #372
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Thread complete.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #373
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
Thread complete.
Not yet...Godwins Law has not yet been invoked...so it has a way to go at this point.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #374
Jifcuits

I can't fully recall this Godwin's law thing and I can't be arsed at looking it up but I want this thread to end so I'll give it a shot.

I think Scuzzy's creepiness would be a really good asset if he was in the gestapo back in the nazi days
Jifcuits is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #375
Zencheetah

Quote:
I'M THE BOOGY MAN!! ooooOoooOOOOOOoooooooOOOO
Just about called it, add more O-T hats and glasses? you seem like a glasses guy

Old 09-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #376
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Just about called it, add more O-T hats and glasses? you seem like a glasses guy
FEAR ME, I'M CREEEEPY.... The only way to prevent me from finding you is to use these like ekiM and ZenCheetah:

Last edited by Scuzzy; 09-10-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #377
accrede

Quote:
The only two people you have really crossed swords with in this thread are ekim and halo. I'm pretty sure halo is a christian and I'm not sure what ekim is.

So.... er....
accrede is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #378
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by accrede
The only two people you have really crossed swords with in this thread are ekim and halo. I'm pretty sure halo is a christian and I'm not sure what ekim is.

So.... er....
I meant in general, I wasn't calling everyone in the thread an atheist.

Either way, fear me, I'm creepy.

Scuzzy

Old 09-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #379
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Internet_tough_guy

Sums you up pretty well.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #380
Zencheetah

But... he isn't.... tough at all?

He's just more experienced then us whippersnappers with our backwards opinions. Hey, he has a clan full of people like him.

Remember, it isn't tough, it's wisdom and clever wording.