Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2005, 03:59 AM   #21
o_anthraxium[wu]

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hunted: someone made a really accurate dirty POS bathroom

Crossover: snow is nice

Napalm: who buys a joke fire extinguisher? :good start, but thumbs down 45degrees [not quite thumbs down, but not quite thumbs sideways]:

keep up the good work dev team
o_anthraxium[wu] is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 04:39 AM   #22
o_the_truth

Looks great im just worried about the game play the map has now with the changes. From the shorter pit to the bottom and top entrances to the yard. It just looks to me that offense is going to be way too easy. But maybe its just me, it all looks very good though.
o_the_truth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 04:40 AM   #23
o_jefferino

AWWWW YEAH!!!! Finally i got my fix for the next few weeks. Thank you!!! And we have stairs that let us exit the water on crossover! I hated it when i fell in the water and I couldn't get out of it. Hunted looks sweet with the filthy washrooms. GIMME MORE PICTURES!!!!
o_jefferino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 04:41 AM   #24
o_dr.freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis2049
wow nice map that crosover going to be.
its like completely diferent .
keep up the good work
an that hunted toilet ......owned
I hate you! elvis! every time you post i sit ther for 5 mins watching the tits bounce and jiggle around! damned your avatar!!!!

In Other news. Damn good work guys. Enough talk get yo asses back in the chaimber and dont come out untill you have more media!
o_dr.freeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 04:50 AM   #25
o_valk

the bathroom wins ~
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 05:01 AM   #26
o_orange

i won't be verbose

beautiful work
looks like you had some fun mapping, or you got a headache
o_orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 05:05 AM   #27
o_qbaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraxium[WU
]Napalm: who buys a joke fire extinguisher? :good start, but thumbs down 45degrees [not quite thumbs down, but not quite thumbs sideways]:
what do you mean joke fire extinquisher? It is not meant to be similar to a fire extinquisher. Just a nade. It has the pin and everything, similar to the regular grenade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink
This glacier/snow theme is sweet. I think it will make the map very distinctive from the others. But does this mean the demo might end up blowing up a wall off ice with his detpack instead of blowing up a cave wall?
= the win. The snow on the level and the surrounding mountains realy give this map a great placing into a world. GJ

I need to stop looking at the hunted pics there still giving me chills.
o_qbaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 05:11 AM   #28
o_etzell

To quote Lenny, from an old shockwave game "Lenny's Walkabout":

"Beauty!"
"Ripper!"
"Unreal!"

Seriously, though. EXCELLENT work. That bathroom fits that map so well, I always hated that respawn.

Also, X-over is coming together, making me like it more than I already did. I can't wait to play.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 05:28 AM   #29
o_sh4x

xover2 looks awesome. i love the idea of 2 bridges.. it looks like u cant grab flag from bottom front since u removed stairs, that's neat.
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 05:37 AM   #30
o_comrade tiki

All of my opinions are in best interest.

Complaints/Suggestions:
- Amber lighting in the crossover sniper-deck? It ruins the cold feeling of the map. I say either the teamcolour like the first screenshot, or a less saturated lighting. Perhaps white or a light light default yellow.
- The crossover upper respawn's ceiling = ugly. The central curves don't fit, and there's no reason for it to curve. It just looks funky. Also, the team-coloured textures are needed for some more visual contrast and highlights.
- The elevator room is a bit dull textured, and the shape is interesting... I am somewhat confused by the current approach.
- I never quite understood why the napalm has windows and is a bright yellow-orange... oh well.
- I kindly suggest that a lip of barbed wire be added to the upper pit entrance, as represented in MSPaint here:

The purpose being to make quick-conc-captures a bit more difficult, and also to make the level look even colder/harsher.
It would provide a good visual effect in addition to fixing gameplay some.

I love the bathroom spawn, the detail applied in Hunted, the style of the napalm grenade, the architecture, the bridge-waterstairs style, and pretty much everything else so far!
o_comrade tiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 06:38 AM   #31
o_qbaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade tiki
- The crossover upper respawn's ceiling = ugly. The central curves don't fit, and there's no reason for it to curve. It just looks funky. Also, the team-coloured textures are needed for some more visual contrast and highlights.

- The elevator room is a bit dull textured, and the shape is interesting... I am somewhat confused by the current approach.
I think this is the problem I am having with xover. The top respawn has weird curves in its structure that not only might be a lil unfitting but more importantly are confusing. The floor/wall/ceiling textures are just too similar i think. They blend in making you confused as to which way is what.

I think the elevator room looks fine. Cool big and round. And it loooks like its going to be a win tunnel elevator. Meaning you get pushed up by air (reasonable idea as it will speed up the game so no one has to wait for the elevator).
o_qbaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 07:07 AM   #32
o_friedbunny

The 'joke fire extinguisher' line is from Family Guy. The Christmas tree (something like that) goes up in flames, Brian is the only one home and tries to use the fire extinguisher only to find that it's a gag. The family returns home to find parts of the house charred and Brian with no fur left on his paws/hands...

Peter: What the hell did you do?

Brian: Me? Who the hell buys a novelty fire extinguisher?

Peter: I'll tell you who. Someone who cares enough about physical comedy to put his whole family at risk.
o_friedbunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 07:08 AM   #33
o_monkeystevie

Excellent work as usual! The snow on crossover is a great little touch, adds a whole new feeling to the map imo. I also noticed the snow's placement is very good too, looks realistic. Not too much or too little either, just right! Hunted looks like is coming along nicely too, gj. Look forward to seeing more screenshots of that.

Couple of concerns above about texturing/team coloured textures. Correct me if im wrong but arn't the mappers texturing the maps as best they can just now with the current texture set that shipped with hl2. The team doesn't seem to have a dedicated texture artist yet so untill then the screenshots you see won't be final, as far as the textures go. Infact you could probably go as far to say that nothing on the media section is absolute final untill the day of release! That's how I understand it anyway.
o_monkeystevie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 07:18 AM   #34
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Precisely, monkeystevie. We are still looking for a texture artist, all these textures are the default hl2. Expect the maps to look much better with real textures! And ask your friends with good texturing skills to apply. Haha. . More hunted shots comin soon too. This was a bit of a teaser.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 07:24 AM   #35
o_neutrino

looks very perty!
o_neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #36
o_eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystevie
I also noticed the snow's placement is very good too, looks realistic. Not too much or too little either, just right!
Hahah you missed out 'Snow placed in areas that were easy to do'

Im glad to hear the feedback for the snow is positive. Although I like it, I wasnt sure if everyone else would. And whoever was saying the pit is shallower... its the same as crossover2.
o_eat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 07:43 AM   #37
o_thedarkone

The new battlements look neat, but part of me is sad because part of what made Crossover unique was the fact that it didn't have the typical sniper-war-inducing 'two battlements' setup.

o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 07:45 AM   #38
o_shadow34721

I like the elevator being a TF logo.
Pretty nice idea.
o_shadow34721 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 08:43 AM   #39
o_dirkpitt

That stuff looks freaking amazing, makes me want to play the game even more.
o_dirkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 09:01 AM   #40
o_deadeh

brilliant, well done guys...

really like the snow, makes me feel cold..so must be good... liking the new design of co2 aswell, an old map wit ha few changes makes it all the more interesting

thx guys.
o_deadeh is offline   Reply With Quote