Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
o_lithium

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Bible Story.

Oh god, i never laughed this hard in my life...
http://www.superdeluxe.com/sd/conten...3A52CB005FA7D7

Old 01-26-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
o_uber

Anyone who found it funny probably didn't truthfully pass the age verification.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
o_lithium

The internet is serious business , stop being a jerk.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
o_ihmhi

Well most of that cartoon is pretty much spot on, so... lulz.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gen/19.html

Old 01-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I'm fond of Ezekiel 23 myself.

http://www.bible.org/netbible/eze23.htm

Edit: What the. "found"? I need to pay more attention.

Last edited by Circuitous; 01-26-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Heh, I'm a fan of how he fathered two groups of people (Moabites & the children of Ammon) via incest.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #7
o_broodingdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
I'm fond of Ezekiel 23 myself.

http://www.bible.org/netbible/eze23.htm

Edit: What the. "found"? I need to pay more attention.
I found an article on Guinea Worms after browsing the Revelations section... fucking scary.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:43 AM   #8
o_deadly furby

I just like things that make sense:

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (Gen 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James 1:13)

Nevermind, I'm confused again......

Old 01-27-2007, 04:07 AM   #9
o_yomamashouse

Oh Ya well..... you're going to hell.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #10
o_broodingdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamasHouse
Oh Ya well..... you're going to hell.
How?

Old 01-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
o_yomamashouse

BroodingDude I normally like to give people the benefit of the doubt but you seem to have a passive aggressive tone to the last few posts you made to me in religion oriented threads that would indicate you think I am religious and am being entirely serious in my posts. I thought I should make a note for the slow in case you were unaware of my religious stance.

I am not Christian or of any other religion, in fact I am so nonreligious the only things I regard as being truly right or wrong are the answers to questions.

Perhaps you're humor is so dry I can't even read it but I suspect otherwise.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
o_broodingdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMamasHouse
BroodingDude I normally like to give people the benefit of the doubt but you seem to have a passive aggressive tone to the last few posts you made to me in religion oriented threads that would indicate you think I am religious and am being entirely serious in my posts. I thought I should make a note for the slow in case you were unaware of my religious stance.

I am not Christian or of any other religion, in fact I am so nonreligious the only things I regard as being truly right or wrong are the answers to questions.

Perhaps you're humor is so dry I can't even read it but I suspect otherwise.
Slow, huh? You think it's slow to believe someone at face value? Let me tell you something from the "slow-poke": Christian zealotry is ubiquitous here in Hawaii. So excuse the fuck out of me if I'm a little 'institutionalized' when it comes to other people being a part of the Christian Reich. I feel almost like a Jew in the heart of Nazi Germany, or a Hebrew in the middle of Giza at the height of Ramisees' power. Except my life isn't at the whim of another. But to get help you have to drool Christianity. No I'm not Jewish... I'm agnostic.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #13
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

And the insults slow everything down to a crawl. For those of you keeping score on the home version of our game YMH started with the insults. So if he starts with the apology we can all move on and the anti-religion nut-swingers can adjust their tinfoil hats and return to their basement condos under their rocks.

Where's Sgt Hulka when we need him?

Old 01-28-2007, 01:38 AM   #14
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodingdude
Slow, huh? You think it's slow to believe someone at face value? Let me tell you something from the "slow-poke": Christian zealotry is ubiquitous here in Hawaii. So excuse the fuck out of me if I'm a little 'institutionalized' when it comes to other people being a part of the Christian Reich. I feel almost like a Jew in the heart of Nazi Germany, or a Hebrew in the middle of Giza at the height of Ramisees' power. Except my life isn't at the whim of another. But to get help you have to drool Christianity. No I'm not Jewish... I'm agnostic.
Weeeeelll... I mean, if you gave a shit at all about what other people had to say when they didn't appear to be indirectly insulting you, you'd already know his religious stance.

If you had any sense of sarcasm at all, you'd see how full of it he was.

If you had any sense of what others actually think you'd realize the vast majority of us don't even dislike you. We're mostly neutral. Some like you. The only people that outright dislike you anymore are the people you slap on ignore at a whim for some offhand comment, rarely even directed at you, that you saw fit to take offense to. I'm sorry to see that you're so easily enraged, because that can't be good for you, but hey, if it gets you through the day then it's not my place to judge, you can do as you please and rant as much as you want, and I won't say another word on the subject.

Not that you can read this anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
And the insults slow everything down to a crawl. For those of you keeping score on the home version of our game YMH started with the insults. So if he starts with the apology we can all move on and the anti-religion nut-swingers can adjust their tinfoil hats and return to their basement condos under their rocks.

I CAN'T TELL IF YOU'RE BRILLIANTLY SARCASTIC OR COMPLETELY STUPID PLEASE CLUE ME IN IN THE FORM OF A PRIVATE MESSAGE BEFORE MY BRAIN EXPLODES.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:33 AM   #15
o_()))crayola))_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-

If you mean Sgt. Hooka, I'm busy using him.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:01 AM   #16
o_yomamashouse

Yes, I think I will get started on that apology right away lol. BD, i'm so sorry, I just thought I should say, eat my asshole you sensitive loser. Although with that said you can't see any of this because you ignored me...

Old 01-28-2007, 05:20 AM   #17
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Sheesh. Why do all such threads seem to end up the same way? Let's just let this be.

Closed Thread