o_commander

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
DNF will be out first
o_commander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 12:46 AM   #142
o_exoronic

i rather whait a month longer then have a game full of bugs
Imagine you can download it next week and a bug make's it impossible to play it on your pc
And we all know FF crew now , if the game takes forever , whait till we need updatepatches to fix something.....
o_exoronic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #143
o_arsenalfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeat
Exactly. But i guess i get it now... it isnt done . They cant pump out advertisements without an X date...which leads me to believe if they dont have an X date by now...then they wont until next year.
-Repeat .tKd

Right...if they were extremely close to completion, ie: within a week, they would have a pretty concrete idea of when a release would be possible. There are always unexpected factors like steam, hammer etc fucking up, but that's no reason to withhold a date.

I'm not disparaging the team, just trying to remain optimistic for a release within a fortnight. I'd be pleasantly surprised if I logged on and there was download link on the front page, but at the same time I'd be thinking this was a lot more low key than it should have been.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeat
My only experience is 2nd year marketing in College
I'm a finance & marketing major

Last edited by o_arsenalfc; 12-22-2006 at 01:00 AM.
o_arsenalfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #144
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0C0DILE
I think TF2 will be out first.
shut up crocodile
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 03:12 AM   #145
o_arsenalfc

Hm I just read Mr. Beefy's post in another thread and it confirms that work on getting ff released has pretty much stalled. This is a hectic time of the year as it is with exams and such, but still shite news regardless. The general lack of activity since the video seems to suggest this decline in productivity isn't a new issue.

Heres the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeefy
well...

as a return of a favor for those who helped me, i'll at least let you in on something...

With the rate things have been moving on FF in the last 2 months, no matter how much I wanted to see it happen, there's not going to be a public beta in 2006. We probably could have done it, but too many people's efforts have simply gone awol. I really thought we were going to see a huge push to make this happen, but it didn't. Basically, it's been the polar opposite. It's almost as if everyone on the team simply abandoned the project (except decs of course--don't give him any shit.) I'm really dumbfounded and exasperated about it. FF is in a really shitty state right now, and hopefully by making this public knowledge, it might snap some people's asses back in gear. Hopefully.
o_arsenalfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 03:49 AM   #146
o_tyrus

I'm seriously upset about this. Not an "angry" upset, but more of a "bummed out" upset. This was actually going to be the only reason I was looking forward to Christmas this year, my only present.

gg
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 06:09 AM   #147
o_shadow

I don't care when it comes out, as long as it comes out after I can get my custom desktop complete with 4-gig prototype graphics card and unreleased 8-core processor

The clock is ticking...

Oh well. I've got 9 days or so before the first possible release of the beta, so it's all good.
o_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #148
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrus
I'm seriously upset about this. Not an "angry" upset, but more of a "bummed out" upset. This was actually going to be the only reason I was looking forward to Christmas this year, my only present.

gg
me too

Old 12-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #149
o_nuk3m

whatever
o_nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #150
o_uncle-argon

bleh

I hope the team manage to get things fired up again before too long...
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #151
o_rabidkevin

Quote:

gg

If you are upset, you are a selfish little prick. This is exactly why they never set RELEASE DATES to begin with, yet everyone bitches and moans they want it now now now. I'd rather wait till 2008 for a solid game then something that is rushed. If they aren't done, THEY aren't done.

I wish the developer team stuck by their moto of not setting any deadlines... why did they cave in to all these idiotic people?
o_rabidkevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #152
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidkevin
If you are upset, you are a selfish little prick. This is exactly why they never set RELEASE DATES to begin with, yet everyone bitches and moans they want it now now now. I'd rather wait till 2008 for a solid game then something that is rushed. If they aren't done, THEY aren't done.

I wish the developer team stuck by their moto of not setting any deadlines... why did they cave in to all these idiotic people?
If you read my post a little better, and I'm not assuming you didn't catch this, it says I'm bummed out.

They did say they were pushing for a beta in August. I bought my computer upgrade because of this. They delayed.

Then one of the dev's said it would "Most likely be out by the end of 06. If not he was going to kill himself" (something to that effect. I can find the post if I must). So I had high hopes and trusted what this dev member said.

I also visit this site multiple times a day in hopes of updates/news. Of which hasn't been very rewarding in the last few months either.

Oh, lets not forget that I do support this mod very much and I go to my old dead clan and constantly tell them of it, in an attempt to bring them back and add to this community. I tell people of it in ETF pubs and many times I get a response "Whats FF?" and I explain.

So how in the fuck does being bummed out over this recent news make me a selfish prick? Before you go labeling people are selfish pricks for being bummed out, fuck off a little! You little prick.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #153
o_nodnarb

Quote:
If you read my post a little better, and I'm not assuming you didn't catch this, it says I'm bummed out.

They did say they were pushing for a beta in August. I bought my computer upgrade because of this. They delayed.

Then one of the dev's said it would "Most likely be out by the end of 06. If not he was going to kill himself" (something to that effect. I can find the post if I must). So I had high hopes and trusted what this dev member said.

I also visit this site multiple times a day in hopes of updates/news. Of which hasn't been very rewarding in the last few months either.

Oh, lets not forget that I do support this mod very much and I go to my old dead clan and constantly tell them of it, in an attempt to bring them back and add to this community. I tell people of it in ETF pubs and many times I get a response "Whats FF?" and I explain.

So how in the fuck does being bummed out over this recent news make me a selfish prick? Before you go labeling people are selfish pricks for being bummed out, fuck off a little! You little prick.
I feel the exact same way.. They got our hopes up, said that they were almost certainly going to do it, then they tell us there no where near being done.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #154
o_nuk3m

all i can say is girls as great as they are suck. ive been like locked on a problem ive been havin with this chick im seein, and its totally been destroying my nights.

in other news thats why im not caring about FF's release anymore. i just dont care about a lot of things i should be caring about.

women are a blessing and a sin.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:26 PM   #155
o_bokko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidkevin
If you are upset, you are a selfish little prick.
I wouldn't say he's selfish.
However, he seems to think that people on here actually care that he's bummed out, which is kind of idiotic.

Edit:
And nukem seems to think that anyone cares that he doesn't care about FF anymore because of his REAL LIFE GIRL problems.
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 10:31 PM   #156
o_nuk3m

no, just had to say it somewhere

Old 12-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #157
o_bokko

ok my bad

Old 12-22-2006, 10:47 PM   #158
o_hf_

Repeat is an idiot.
o_hf_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2006, 11:53 PM   #159
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
I wouldn't say he's selfish.
However, he seems to think that people on here actually care that he's bummed out, which is kind of idiotic.

Edit:
And nukem seems to think that anyone cares that he doesn't care about FF anymore because of his REAL LIFE GIRL problems.
Correction. People do care what I think. Those people that do care, at least should, are called "the dev team". Usually I don't voice my opinion of my feelings unless I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people. I'm fairly sure that MANY people are bummed over this news. I know its quite the contrary for you though, you are now more "excited" than ever over the news...or am I wrong there as well?

The "dev" team should be concerned with what the population thinks. If they weren't then they would be considered a bad dev team. I do not consider this dev team to be bad, but it is still a "bummer" to find yet another delay. Everyone loves delays!

So, thanks for letting me know no one cares.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:03 AM   #160
o_bokko

I think the dev team stopped caring about the usual whining-about-releasedate-crowd a long time ago.