Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #121
o_unknownfigure

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Dragon
I was in a hurry and if i hear one more person call me a He or him im gunna kill that person, I'm a FEMALE yes a FEMALE THAT PLAYS VIDEO GAMES, GET OVER IT.. and as I said b4 tf2 sucks, and the gameplay looks like shit, VALVe is moking the true TFC'er and the Clans still playing it, and I'm sick of VALVe thinking that this kind of shit is what players want, they never ask or do polls to see what the PPL want, as for FF it is made by ppl who used to or still do play TFC so it is made by and for TFC'er, as i stated b4 FF ALL THE WAY!!
When the gender of a third party is unknown, the male abbreviation is used by default. Get over it.

On a side note; It's not like you're paying anything extra for TF2. And FF is free.

Topic part: I'm just glad they put in an animation for the SG. So I'm not there watching a fully built SG just pop up like magic. Still can't shoot while you're doing it though...

Don't like Demomans mirv replacement. At all.
o_unknownfigure is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #122
o_blashy

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Little Dragon, your statement was pretty much the same made by the QWTF players about TFC when it came out.

TFC still lived on.
o_blashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #123
o_zydell

Did you notice how the demoman pipes seem to be blue... and red... how strange... WELL AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT GREEN

Anyways, this looks really cool, I might even buy HL2 now (lol)
o_zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #124
o_norris

Little Dragon = 100% Angel ahaha
Zydell: you dont need HL2 iirc, just get EP2. will prolly be standalone. red pipes ftw!
o_norris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #125
o_jetpac

Watched it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiNSTEiN
I don't think that grens use a weapon slot. If you watch the demo swing the mirv you will notice that he still holds the grenade launcher in the other hand. So I guess he could both shoot and throw a grenade at the same time.
tell you what that a great spot. hopefully you are right.
the only thing that worries me is the fact we saw the first person vew of grenade primimng with no pipe launcer in the other hand

Sniper has no recoil.
and as stated a little earlier he does have what appears to be a laser mounted above the barrel, below and infront of the scope.
o_jetpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #126
o_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiNSTEiN
I don't think that grens use a weapon slot. If you watch the demo swing the mirv you will notice that he still holds the grenade launcher in the other hand. So I guess he could both shoot and throw a grenade at the same time.
I didn't catch this at first either but this is true.

In this pic you see that the mirv is being held/twirled in the demo's left hand. If you watch this section of the video again you'll see that the gren launch is just lowered in his right hand.

In this pic you can clearly see the gren launcher in the demo's right hand and the mirv in the demo's left hand.

I'd be willing to be that you can still fire and prime at the same time. Only now there are priming/throwing animations.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #127
o_etzell

Hey, it looks like the TF2 team had some feign troubles as well...
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #128
o_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow34721
because it would be annoying if your player model comically looked down and realized its too late every time you encounter a pipe trap?

the video seems to be primarily cgi stuff.

on a side note, i like the way the scout runs.
well, all of that is done in game. Only a couple parts might be scripted animation. The scout part looks all in game to me except for that 1 second clip zoomed in on his face looking down.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #129
o_groovyf

I was just pondering on that balc-to-balc solly RJ. Maybe used a gren/rocket jump. Certainly no sign of a skybox/ceiling limit in that animation they showed at the end.
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #130
o_groovyf

Much better quality video here: http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_2943_en.html

(59MB)

Not as much compression and still looks great in full screen
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #131
o_zaskar

Quote:
I was in a hurry and if i hear one more person call me a He or him im gunna kill that person, I'm a FEMALE yes a FEMALE THAT PLAYS VIDEO GAMES, GET OVER IT.. and as I said b4 tf2 sucks, and the gameplay looks like shit, VALVe is moking the true TFC'er and the Clans still playing it, and I'm sick of VALVe thinking that this kind of shit is what players want, they never ask or do polls to see what the PPL want, as for FF it is made by ppl who used to or still do play TFC so it is made by and for TFC'er, as i stated b4 FF ALL THE WAY!!
Why do guys pretending to be girls (or girls i guess, but most girls ive known dont put shit in their avitar always get all uptight when someone fails to acknowledge and make special mention that their a girl when talking to them.
The words "he" "dude" and "man" (like hey man) are default. thats what happens when the field is filled with 99% guys. When was the last time you heard a Female higher up in the military referred to as "Ma'am" instead of "Sir"
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #132
o_kbomb

Quote:
and as I said b4 tf2 sucks
Did you watch the video with your eyes closed or something?

Quote:
and the gameplay looks like shit, VALVe is moking the true TFC'er and the Clans still playing it
Yes, by releasing an innovative sequal to a game that was once popular, valve is slapping the face of the entire community!

Quote:
and I'm sick of VALVe thinking that this kind of shit is what players want, they never ask or do polls to see what the PPL want
This is just dumb. When have you been polled for what you want in ANY game??? I wanted BF2 to be fantasy based instead of modern warfare, wtf why didnt EA ask us what we wanted?!? Because what I want MUST be what everyone else wants too......right?.........RIGHT?

NEWS FLASH: Typically players don't want to play the exact same game in a sequal (or why wouldent they just play the original?)...they want at least some new concepts/mechanics/features. Look at the evolution of any popular game series and you will see changes between the sequals (and sometimes drastics ones, like in this case.)
o_kbomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #133
o_eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
I'd be willing to be that you can still fire and prime at the same time. Only now there are priming/throwing animations.
So why does the weapon drop down at the exact time the grenade comes up? Its not like you can choose to put a weapon out of view. Its more likely that they put the thirdperson animations together so you are still holding the last weapon when you prime the grenade.
o_eat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #134
o_ghost

All we can do is speculate right now about that. I just find it hard to believe that they would take out that aspect of the game.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #135
o_t00l

Anyone see the scout mini-trimp off of the little ramp from yard to under grate? It may not be really trimping... but maybe!
o_t00l is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #136
o_loyus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
i do like is how they stuck with the tfc style bright colors. i wish ff maps were more bright but that just me.
No that's not just you.

Cool video.
o_loyus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #137
o_sleez

I must say It looks awesome !
Now I'm thinking the game probably requires a hell of a computer
o_sleez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #138
o_death-speak

So far I'm pretty impressed.

Most of my concerns about the gamplay have already been mentioned: concing, gren prime, etc.

The dislikes for me will be if the spy can move while invisible and the sniper being given an AWP equivelent. I hope they don't do that. Also, a Scout is not a Scout without a crowbar, thats just blasphemy!

I dolike the sg. It's almost like a little pet or something. Maybe if you toss it a snacky snack it'll follow you around. The animations look good, and I like the new engy wrench. Looks like you can crack some heads with it.

I'm also glad to see the rj show, and I like the mid air animation. Pretty slick.

The brighter colors (as mentioned by others) of the game a la TFC, are good.

We need to see some true gameplay though, not some semi-gameplay edited for dramatic effect BS.

DS
o_death-speak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #139
o_ghost

The only reason the crowbar was the melee weapon in TFC was because it was the melee weapon in HL. In TF the melee weapon was an axe, alla the quake axe.

TF2 looks to be differen't in the fact that none of the models from HL2 are being reused, which is a good thing.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #140
o_-=hydra=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleez
I must say It looks awesome !
Now I'm thinking the game probably requires a hell of a computer
It's source engine, shouldn't require much more than the current HL2.

And man I just love the HW guy's faint smile while blasting away them soldiers... I hope facial expressions aint scripted/faked, cause they really improve the overall feeling of this hopefully great game.

The sniper's pinching-like mouth is great too, "Yarr, ya cant run from the huntah" style.
o_-=hydra=- is offline   Reply With Quote