Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 08-05-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
o_puppychow

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
9/11: Debunking The Myths

We've all heard the assertions that jet fuel cant melt steel beams, the hole in the pentagon was too small, building 7 being professionally demolished etc....

many of these assertions have been made by hacks and internet wannabes with agendas who do not fully have expertise in the required fields; such as demolitions, aviation, and architecture. i duno. interesting...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...tml?page=1&c=y
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Did they seriously say that shit?

Man, thats as sad as the guys telling Buzz Armstrong that he never went to the moon, to his face!

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
o_zaskar

That vid of Buzz punchin that guy rocked. He should of went to the dudes body after and stomped on his face and screamed "Dont FUCK With BUZZ!" for beter effect though.

Last edited by o_zaskar; 08-05-2006 at 03:20 PM.
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
o_jefferino

Why do we even have to question 9/11.....??
o_jefferino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
o_frenchtoast

Because it's the American Government.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
o_yomamashouse

Questioning them becomes an isntinct after a while. Still, people like the "loose change" maker are assholes.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #7
o_dancingfool

Yes indeed. Then there are people like FT who don't believe anything and think everything has to be and must be a lie and a conspiracy.
o_dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
o_frenchtoast

Rong.

I think this is a conspiracy because when thousands of people are killed in a terrorist bombing, the administration takes little to no flack, and then everything conveniently plays out to every wish and desire of George Bush, to the extent that he can take away the freedoms of Americans and piss all over the constitution.

However, I've made my viewpoint very clear in the past, so I withdraw from this thread.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #9
o_dancingfool

I've yet to look out my window and see tanks with loudspeakers telling everyone to stay in their homes.
o_dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
o_uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Rong.

I think this is a conspiracy because when thousands of people are killed in a terrorist bombing, the administration takes little to no flack
You think Bush and his adminstration should be criticized for there being a terrorist attack on American soil? That's odd.

Quote:
to the extent that he can take away the freedoms of Americans and piss all over the constitution.
I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have the government track phone calls and payments terrorist are making instead of having to worry about my building of work being attacked or having dirty bombs explode in my neighborhood. [Edit] Thanks Etzell ^^[/]

Last edited by o_uber; 08-05-2006 at 06:35 PM.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #11
o_etzell

Actually, since he's Canadian, they aren't fighting to protect anything of his, something he'll be glad to point out.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #12
o_zaskar

I just wish the umbrella that governs what is and isn't terrorism didn't keep expanding. New rules keep getting made to make terrorist activities easier to track, thats Awesome. but you will find that what is considered terrorism is gradually increasing making those new laws cover more then they probably should.
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #13
o_loader

woot another argument about america..
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #14
o_puppychow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader
woot another argument about america..

not really an arguement, there's just a good deal of people who think the us orchestrated the attacks for an excuse to go to war.

and thats silly.

the most latitude i will give is that there are some sick folks who were glad it happened as it gave then am excuse to go to war.

but as a conspiracy - no way. most conspiracy theories are ludacrist anyways as its next to impossible to keep things secret anymore.

whistle blowers abound and people talk.
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 02:11 AM   #15
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Read a little on the history of Islam and you'll see this is nothing new. We just happen to be a focal point that is getting increasingly more attention.

Something funny just occurred to me...for someone that seems to have so much venom for America FT sure does spend an awful lot of time grousing about it. I was always taught that if you hate something or someone ignore it/them and put no energy into it/them.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 02:44 AM   #16
o_imbrifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow
many of these assertions have been made by hacks and internet wannabes with agendas who do not fully have expertise in the required fields
Haha, cant let the facts speak for themselves so you call the millions of people who believe this 'hacks' and 'internet wannabes' with 'agendas'. Like the US government doesn't have an agenda. lol. Like you dont have an agenda. Like Popular Mechanics doesnt have an agenda. Hilarious. Just because the government says something is true in a time of confusion and distress and the media latches onto it.. that doesn't make it the complete and correct answer. While I am skeptical of many of these claims, I welcome the discussion. It is interesting that scientists are on both sides of this issue (and not just those 'who do no tfully have expertise in the required fields', as you baselessly claim).

Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
Read a little on the history of Christianity and you'll see this is nothing new.
or was it
Quote:
"Read a little on the history of Capitalism and you'll see this is nothing new."
wait no, it was
Quote:
"Read a little on the history of Fascism and you'll see this is nothing new."
Damn. Maybe it was all of them?

Quote:
for someone that seems to have so much venom for America FT sure does spend an awful lot of time grousing about it. I was always taught that if you hate something or someone ignore it/them and put no energy into it/them.
Actually, hes criticising the Presidential office of the Executive branch of the National government of the United States. Very different from 'America'. 'America' is all of the people, the culture, the economic system, the government and more.
Hmm, I was taught that if you believe in something, stand up for it and the resulting discussion will benefit everyone. Weird. Did you grow up in a Democracy or in some sort of totalitarian state?

Oh, and the irony is that you come in and get angry and flame FT saying 'if you dont like something, ignore it'. Hilarious.
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 03:22 AM   #17
o_demasu

I love how conspiracy theories are so easily disproved by science. I have a link somewhere to the science that disproves the theories against the moon landing, and now this goes and disproves 16 theories against 9/11. I don't know about you, but if 16 of my theories were shot down by science, I'd give up on making theories.
o_demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 04:27 AM   #18
o_imbrifer

Quote:
now this goes and disproves 16 theories against 9/11
Actually, if you read the article, nothing is 'disproven'.

For example, on page 8: "Wallace Miller, Somerset County coroner, tells PM no body parts were found in Indian Lake."
A coroner told Popular Mechanics that no body parts were found in the lake. Does this conclusively and finally prove beyond any doubt that there were no body parts there? No. It means that he is telling Popular Mechanics that none were found. They could have been found by someone else and removed, they could have been found by him but he is keeping it quiet, etc. Chances are that once the big government got on the scene, the local folks just took what the government said as fact.

I don't believe it, I'm just trying to prevent faulty logic convincing people to swallow this article without any second thought. Again, nothing is disproven in this article, arguments are just made to address the 'conspiracy theories'.

Chances run pretty high that if the conspiracy theorists are right, then the government did every last little thing it could to insure that it is kept a secret. If you dont believe 'whatreallyhappened.org' tells you what really happened, you shouldnt believe that an article titled 'debunking the 9/11 myths' really debunks the myths. You actually have to read it.

Logic Man, signing out!

Old 08-06-2006, 04:40 AM   #19
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Imbrifer, if you honestly believe that it's a conspiracy, then all I can say is lol.

Popular Mechanics is a widely recognized magazine, and many experts and professionals were consulted in the making of that article. A college kid with iMovie doesn't match up with that. In fact, make sure that you read the viewing guide while watching the movie.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 04:42 AM   #20
o_imbrifer

zSilver_Fox:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer
I don't believe it
Any more questions?