Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
I doubt it's that two-sided as far as the devs are concerned. Almost every single idea I've proposed regarding new gameplay ideas (especially ones designed to please both sides) have been shot down on the basis of making the game more complicated, despite having existing mechanics that are already far more complicated. I've argued how several ideas would add more depth many times. Some examples are having a variable timer (or projection speed) for blue pipes, an alternate fire mode for hwguy, different values for league mode, and new engineer buildables.

I can almost guarantee that the dev team is going to lean towards making things simpler, rather than less complicated. I think the basis is that they're worried anything new with a nuance like other TFC mechanics might discourage new players. Bridget's idea may be an exception however, because it would be trying to reverse a long-held mechanic.

If you look at the things that Valve did keep in TF2 from TFC, SG being the main concern, all they did to make it easier to understand is adding that SG UI. It instantly shows that you can build things. Not everything is about gameplay, it's how you show it.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote