Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (Released) ff_ksour_PAYLOAD (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=25091)

Dr.Satan 04-20-2015 09:12 PM

ff_ksour_PAYLOAD

it's not always sunny in ksour :lol:

http://lexicondesigns.com/images/gal..._payload/2.jpg

I really, really, enjoy playing payload in TF2, so I wanted to bring it over to Fortress Forever. I know that Crazy Carl made ff_tiger_pl, but there was talk of wanting to re-do it. I had already made the train model for my boys to play around on, no joke, so adding it to ksour and getting it all setup was pretty simple.

The .bsp has all the models and materials packed into it, but there are also some HUD materials that are needed. So just unzip to /FortressForever

This map utilizes base_payload_2015.lua, click here for details on it.
If you would like the train/track model(s), click here for details on them.

NOTE: ff_ksour was made by Green Musy and I had no part in it at all. My only contribution to this map was to change it for use with my lua script and the models associated with it.

Iggy 04-21-2015 01:37 AM

Please tell me you made that thing a bit easier to push....... I recall during testing that, it hardly ever made it to/past point 2.

Dr.Satan 04-21-2015 02:24 AM

I did, twice as fast in fact. :mrgreen:

caesium 04-21-2015 08:43 AM

I enjoy payload too so look forward to trying this :)

But why is it not always sunny in ksour? Seriously - one of the reasons I like ksour is it's happy and sunny! :oops:

Iggy 04-21-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Satan (Post 508370)
I did, twice as fast in fact. :mrgreen:

Well done!! Can't wait to play the release, then! :mrgreen:

Headz 04-21-2015 09:13 PM

I only played this once but was really good fun after I got used to the idea, and what a well fitting map for it.

I love the night time concept but would have liked to see the sun set to 20 brightness and quite a lot of lights dotted around with some hdr.

Excellent models, looking forward to a proper full server playtest, good work :)

AfterShock 04-22-2015 12:49 AM

Great stuff - i think payload could work really well and look forward to seeing it in game!

Iggy 04-22-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterShock (Post 508381)
Great stuff - i think payload could work really well and look forward to seeing it in game!

It is.... it just needed an adjustment on how fast it moved. That's been taken care of, and I'm really looking forward to playing the release version.

[TALOS]Smoke 04-24-2015 05:10 AM

I love the idea, and I played the beta a few weeks ago... however may I make one suggestion?
I think it might fit a bit better with FF if the payload was more hi-tech:confused: I guess what I'm trying to say is that a trainlike thing might be construed as a ripoff of TF2, where as... if say... I dunno... futuristic and hovered, maybe less on tracks and more of a electron path or similar?
Not to mention, I hate to see it just cut into an existing map, now don't get me wrong! I appreciate all the work and effort that you put into this, and am ABSOLUTELY NOT knocking any of it. I just think we need to separate as much as we can from TF2 so as not to lead to new players into thinking FF is just a rip off of TF2.
I'd be more than happy to design a map that is solely purposed for payload (as soon as hammer is fixed or someone is willing to take the vmfs from some of the maps I have been fooling around with and finish them. Most of which need not much more than optimizing)
No hate intended Dr. Satan, I love the concept... Now if only we could also get a mVm or bots even.

caesium 04-24-2015 09:28 AM

What are the pros/cons of the payload/roadkill concepts in FF?

AirTrek 04-26-2015 03:35 PM

Any servers running this?