Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 01-10-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
o_jinx

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Finally go back to play TFC again...

...and get banned from the first server I play on

Seems like every time I come back to TFC, every server has new, weird house rules. I don't even have a clue what I did, just banned with no warning. Blah. Know I should have read the MOTD, but I was so excited to play.. ugh.

So depressed :/
o_jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 06:04 AM   #2
o_skanky butterpuss

dont let the man get you down!
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 AM   #3
o_twincannon

Weird, I've been playing again lately just fine, aside sucking massive balls.

Mainly sticking to the TWISTED dustbowl server and odin's.
o_twincannon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
o_nezumi

Usually I just join a random server and ignore their rules as hard as I can. Except for swearing, nothing I do gets me banned, or usually even warned.

You just have to find a serve where the admins don't care. Or don't notice.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #5
o_gunslinger

What a rebel!
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #6
o_led

Join CTFCL server and begone within 2 mins
o_led is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #7
o_nezumi

I don't go out of my way to break the rules, I just don't like arbitrary server imposed rules. That is, I bunnyhop, conc/rj with the flag, backtrack, potshot, whatever.

But like I say it's never a problem for me.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #8
o_pizzahut

Maybe the admin thought you were hacking? Which server was it?
o_pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #9
o_loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led
Join CTFCL server and begone within 2 mins
Haha, all the people there are idiots anyway.
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #10
o_jinx

I remember when those "no weapon-jumping with the flag" servers first popped up. It was *after* TF1.5 neutered concing, which made it even more confusing to me. I'm used to dealing with it as an engineer, since I mostly play D, and to me it was always just something I had to deal with.

What was funny: I found out about this because I had the flag as a pyro, and someone exploded a grenade near me, propelling me. Then I get yelled at lol. Morons.

Ugh I think that was on the 'somebody's little yiffie's' server... back before I knew what a "furry" was

Pizzhut: I think it was a [GoW] server. I know some places have a 0 tolerance policy, but not everyone reads the motd and perma-banning people with no warning for 'house rules' they don't know is just obnoxious. It's not like I'm a dick or something, if someone had warned me or told me to read the motd I'd have happily done so. Or even a kick and temp ban would have made me careful when I came back.

I really liked the server, too, they had custom maps which I love.

Last edited by o_jinx; 01-10-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #11
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
I remember when those "no weapon-jumping with the flag" servers first popped up. It was *after* TF1.5 neutered concing, which made it even more confusing to me. I'm used to dealing with it as an engineer, since I mostly play D, and to me it was always just something I had to deal with.

What was funny: I found out about this because I had the flag as a pyro, and someone exploded a grenade near me, propelling me. Then I get yelled at lol. Morons.

Ugh I think that was on the 'somebody's little yiffie's' server... back before I knew what a "furry" was

Pizzhut: I think it was a [GoW] server. I know some places have a 0 tolerance policy, but not everyone reads the motd and perma-banning people with no warning for 'house rules' they don't know is just obnoxious. It's not like I'm a dick or something, if someone had warned me or told me to read the motd I'd have happily done so. Or even a kick and temp ban would have made me careful when I came back.

I really liked the server, too, they had custom maps which I love.
Yep Yiffy Foxies was well known for kick/bans over concjumping with the flag and doing it without advanced warning. I don't recall it even being in the server banner/motd. FWIW, I didn't know anything about the yiffy/furry thing until last year. I was also kicked off of GoWs server back in the day as well. Seems one of the GoW guys chased our flag carrier into the midfield and was still engaging him so I jumped in to help clean the chasing defense off his tail as I was OMW back into their fort. "Midfield DM'ing" was the reason I was kicked. To their credit when their leader heard about what had happened he made a point of seeking me out to apologize and invite me back. I thought that was very nice. Fact is clan matches were the only time I ever played in a serious manner and that was hit and miss too.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
o_darken_hellspawn

I remember getting banned........

from at least 20 in my heyday from destroying people over and over again with my solly. I would run past peole or rocket jump over them just to get to the defender I choose to wipe up the floor with each time. I had 100 kills an no deaths as a 2fort solly area ramp defender and they banned me for that. I loved spilling the blood of my enemy in mass quanities. Too mnay servers these days want to pussyfoot around with rules. My -={UK}=- Server had just a few rules. No cheating, No B-hopping and no whining if you get pwned. Thats it!!!!! i had the most foul mouthed people playing to ever grace the game which kepted the beginning players off and the skilled players high.

I am now a destructive Solly of Light.

dh
o_darken_hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #13
o_jinx

Seems one of the GoW guys chased our flag carrier into the midfield and was still engaging him so I jumped in to help clean the chasing defense off his tail as I was OMW back into their fort. "Midfield DM'ing" was the reason I was kicked.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. A rule like that is so vague that it's mostly opinion. It also limits player strategies.

Frankly, after playing the game for so long, doing wacky things sometimes is the only way to keep my interest any more. So if you open the door to cap the flag in Well, and come face-to-face with a level 3 enemy sg, it's probably me! Trying to pull off and surprise people with crazy shit like that is part of the fun of TF. It's just a game, and games are supposed to be fun.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #14
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
Seems one of the GoW guys chased our flag carrier into the midfield and was still engaging him so I jumped in to help clean the chasing defense off his tail as I was OMW back into their fort. "Midfield DM'ing" was the reason I was kicked.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. A rule like that is so vague that it's mostly opinion. It also limits player strategies.

Frankly, after playing the game for so long, doing wacky things sometimes is the only way to keep my interest any more. So if you open the door to cap the flag in Well, and come face-to-face with a level 3 enemy sg, it's probably me! Trying to pull off and surprise people with crazy shit like that is part of the fun of TF. It's just a game, and games are supposed to be fun.
Personally I think the Defense soldier was pissed because the flag was slipping away AND it didn't help that I was messing around playing Pyro at the time...may have been wearing my *LoF* tags at the time as well. There were a number of 404 guys playing then. We were laughing pretty hard at the time.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #15
o_mooga

The best rule I ever saw was posted in these forums. It was something like:
"The are ABSOLUTLY NO MEDICS ALOWED unless the other team has a medic."

LMAO
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #16
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Hahaha. I like that one.

I tried a little TFC today, but all the fucking modifications are driving me insane. I don't want music playing when I'm loading a map. I don't want your ridiculous skyboxes and clear doors and backpack models and stupid sayings and messages all over my fucking screen... I want TFC, dammit. If I wanted this shit I'd mod it in myself, client-side.

I can't find any TFC servers with a ping less than 200, no bots, no sounds, no extra models, with admins (even assholes!), that has players.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
o_psycnet

Twisted 2fort/Well and Twisted Dustbowl are all I strictly play on. There's not a whole assload of retarded mods, no rules against bhop or conc or whatever. Just do what you want and don't greif your own team.
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #18
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
But there are retarded mods?

How many we talkin'?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #19
o_psycnet

Just a general adminmod from what I can tell, and maybe a few retarded sounds (which can be turned off using 'sounds off')

But the feel is very good there, always at least 15 people on each serv (if not more) and it's the closest thing to TFC a few years ago that I've found
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #20
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

AdminMod and shit I don't mind. I'll go give it a look here in a bit.