Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 10-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
Possible hack attempt against n-t clan members, possibly others.

Disclaimer: The purpose of this thread is to prevent fellow FF players from losing their steam accounts!

This is a warning to anyone who might have been asked to join the groups "FF Players against OT" or "Crybabies" Specifically new timers clan members, as everyone from n-t I've talked to has received this invite.

FF community member Bridget's steam account has been hacked and is being used to try and get people to join these groups.

This is a common tactic used to steal accounts! do NOT click accept!

Also the invitation keeps poping up after I click decline. It's possible that a bot is spamming group request messages, but then again it might just be some random steam bug. Others on the steam forums have posted about a similar issue coming from hacked or unknown accounts.

Here is the text posted in the profile of both groups created from the hacked account, if any other group has this in it's profile don't join it:
Quote:

This group is openly available to all players who are tired of just playing a game. If you hate people who have fun with their friends, and feel better about yourself by just tearing other indivdiuals down, this is your niche. Don't expect to contribute to Wiki's, or pay for servers, or help out any development teams, we're not about that. We're hear bitch and cry about not being allowed to tell other people what to do with their money. Everyone should do exactly what we tell them to do. We don't care if they paid for it, we don't care if they have children, or friends, or what have you. Their soul purpose in life should be to pay for a server where we can do what we want, when we want, how we want. We want to spawn camp, call people niggers, and tell people how to do their hard work to create a game by OUR standards, not theirs. Their vision isn't important, their idea of a community and gaming server isn't important, only what we want is. Anyone who doesn't like what we want is a Nazi.

I ask the Fortress Forever community to heed my message when I make the suggestion to tell other server operators they no longer make the rules. I suggest that the community boycott the servers that don't give us exactly what we want exactly when we want it. By paying for servers, forum software, providing development servers, programming for the SVN, and donating their time and Money groups like the Old Timers Clan and AE are killing Fortress Forever. Don't they understand that we, the people that bitch and complain but don't raise a finger in development, money, servers, advertising, etc are the REAL saviors of Fortress Forever?

You don't have to be mature and responsible to play on our servers, cause we won't provide you with any, but we'll find someone else to pay for it for you; You are welcome. Have fun!
the_cake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cake View Post
Also the invitation keeps poping up after I click decline. It's possible that a bot is spamming group request messages, but then again it might just be some random steam bug. Others on the steam forums have posted about a similar issue coming from hacked or unknown accounts
Pretty sure it's just a steam bug with group invites right now. I have an invite to a group called "Fighting Outrageously For Dinner" and it won't let me decline the invitation right now (for the past 2 days). This really pisses me off as I have to look at this terrible group name every time I log in to steam!
hlstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
Yea, a mod confirmed it as a steam bug.
the_cake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
LOL we got an Honorable mention. I wonder if they realize that we currently have no bans on our server?

Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Yea had this annoying bug a couple days too, found a solution though.
Go here via a web browser (rather than Steam) and then leave the group
EquilibriuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
This is why I don't join groups and I don't use steam friends.

Scuzzy

Old 10-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
quit playin, im your only friend.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #8
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
My steam account wasn't hacked. Someone made a fake Steam account and just stole my avatar, name, and description (though, of course, the dumb fuck put the description in the wrong field.) How do you tell the real Bridget from the wannabes? I have 60 some friends and 27 some games. No one can be me. It's too much of a hassle being me.
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
gibz
Title title title title

Class/Position: Medic O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF, Water Battle
Affiliations: :e0: and n-t
Yeah, I never really thought Bridget would have gotten his Steam account hacked into.
His password is probably a mixture of russian and english characters

Old 10-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
That whole N-T qoute thing at the top made me laugh. If I could get a little more information on this, perhaps a good update on it about exactly wtf is going on. Then I can take action for my side of the community. Other then that, it seems like a trust issue atm.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clans steam n-t hacking