Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FORTRESS FOREVER forever forever forever...

Ok here i go, i see so many threats about FF being crap in oneway or another
which i find stupid. What we really need is people posting about whats good about FF. I mean come on, you guys really think people that come to the forums for the first time, or been here awhile want to play a game thats constanly being bashed on? I think not! The FF community can only grow stronger if we post possitive things about the mod. So start thinking about ways we can advertise the mod to all the gamers that love fps games like us.
Besides all that how can you people complain about a mod, you didnt pay a dime for, and no dont reply and tell me you had to buy hl2, thats besides the point. I mean give the FF team some credit here for even making this mod which they didnt have to, to begin with. Also i see people posting about tf2 is better? wtf go post that crap on the tf2 site not here these are the FF forums ffs. I myself have been following tfc since 1999, and been patiently waiting for FF to come out, and my overall opinion of FF is good. Yes there are a few bugs and things needing to be addressed like Heavy Weapon guy needing reduced of his AC fire power etc. but thats all gonna be done and fixed in the near future im sure. And as most of you know alot of it is going to be fixed in patch 1.1 which rumor has it its well on its way.
I said it once and ill say it again THANK YOU FF STAFF AND DEVELOPERS for taking time out of your LIFES to make this mod a reallity.
I think i pretty much coverd all i wanted to get of my chest in this post.
But im sure this wont be my last one either, ok im out! gawd i hope noone is gonna flame me now LoL

A coward dies a thousnad deaths. A Soldier dies but once.

Last edited by EquilibriuM; 10-24-2007 at 02:08 PM.
EquilibriuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
TurboWolf

Send a message via MSN to TurboWolf
Yes! I love FF, hope conc's friction gets fixed in the patch
TurboWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Getting into a battlefield full of action, flamethrowers, bazookas, explotions, granades & weapons of all the kinds, submerged in a chaotic but extremely balanced atmosphere where the objetive goes beyond fragging, with really good graphics and realistic flying corpses and people burned to death screaming their lungs out, omg wtf im doing posting, ill better go play FF now!

With a fairly ammount of players its one of the most intense games i ever played.
GhostBuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
a082

FORTRESS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a082 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
=AS= Pt

One of the better Thread's i've seen here in this forum. Better than this, just FF.
=AS= Pt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
As much as I want to spread the word about how great FF is, I really do, I have something inside that's telling me that if we only focus on the good things, and never look at the bad, nothing will ever be done to make the game better(bug fixes, etc). So, I think there has to be a balance. If we start telling people FF is the best game evar, then we set too high of an expectation. I like to tell people about the game I play, and through all the people I know in the CS/TFC world, and the fact that FF is free to download, will get more people interested right away. Hell, don't even mention TF2, unless mentioned first, because some people might flock over there if they don't see the good parts of FF right away.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Yes Kube that isnt my focus here, telling people this is the best game ever, but i rather not see ppl bashing FF ide rather see people talking about what they like about the game or why they play it i supose. Instead of just negative posts complaining about the stupiest stuff ever just read some of the bashing posts almost rediclious if you ask me. And yes there are some things people wont like no matter what, simply b/c you just cant make everyone happy which is understandable of course thats just how the world turns. and as you know there are threads where people can post on what they would like to have changed or added or lets just say edited.
I sure would like this FF community put all their heads together and think of ways to get the word out about this mod, just like we did when tfc first came out. Lets contact a cereal company and make a FF cereal and include a cd copy of FF in the box, boy that would be sweet for the community and the teeth LoL this last bit is just a joke guys dont get to excited here.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #8
Icculus
D&A Member

I love Fortress Forever!

I love the way Rocket Jumps are so easy now and how you can really control your direction. Double rocket jumps out of the pit in Crossover are a piece of cake now! ,

I love the Rag-doll physics and the graphics in general are awesome,

I really like that sniper rifles don't zoom in way too far like they did in TFC (IMO anyway),

Aiming SG's are a snap now (just aim where you want it to point, right click, and press 1, voila!) and I think it was a GREAT decision to leave teleporters out of the game!

the spy is awesome and lot's of fun to play, I hear that concs are easier to use although I am absolutely horrible at conc jumping so I wouldn't know.

I'm sure there are tons of good things I have left out but that's all I can think of at the moment.

All in all this game is a huge improvement over TFC once you get used to the new feel.

As far as the bugs go, hey it's version 1.0.. of course there are bugs! But as can clearly be seen by the change log for 1.1, they are being diligently worked on so I for one am happy to wait.

-Icculus
Icculus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #9
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

I see more people supporting both games here. There are probably two people here that post about not liking FF. For the most part its all positive. Not sure where you see all of this "FF bashing". I play both games, and many other games. Love them both.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #10
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
im right there with ya, sobe
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Send a message via Yahoo to Stankyfingers
He plays both games KEEL HIM!!!
Stankyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
lol.
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #13
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

I think the problem is that the few local FF bashers have been posting such inane comments and blatently flamebaiting it feels like a whole army of stupid. They seem to have cooled off lately though.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #14
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Nah, you saw the myg0t video rite? Well, it happened at the server I was playing at the other night. Started playing shitty emo music and screaming into the mic, while blocking the entrance on the lower level of shutdown2. Admins will play a key role in making or breaking a server.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 PM   #15
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
I think the problem is that the few local FF bashers have been posting such inane comments and blatently flamebaiting it feels like a whole army of stupid. They seem to have cooled off lately though.
It also helps that some of the idiots who went ape shit at the near mention of TF2 also shut up.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:59 AM   #16
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
yeah, i think both types of cool-ade drinkers should keep quiet really. i'm not saying dont mention the other, but the constant comparisons i see are starting to drag on..

also, the "FF is dead" threads achieve absolutely nothing, so please for god sake stop posting those. FF shares a pattern with insurgency, where there's an initial surge of interest to see what the mod's all about, then most people ditching it leaving only a couple hundred people playing.. insurgency however is a few patches down the line and has recouped a few more players, and FF can also regain a playerbase if we get these patches rolled out!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 AM   #17
Chaotic Llama
L | l a m a f i e d !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
FF can also regain a playerbase if we get these patches rolled out!
I hope its not a question of 'if'.. rather 'when'! I'm about to pull the trigger and call it quits if something isn't released soon. I don't understand the reasoning for holding back... everyday the ff player base gets smaller as well as available servers.

Overall the game rocks, many of us have waited a long time to frag tfc style on the source engine though like other mods if bugs and troubles are not addressed people will just move on (thats already happening).

FF's fate lies within the support from the dev's.

Time will tell (tic toc)!

I'm being candid, not negative..
Chaotic Llama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2007, 03:31 AM   #18
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Llama
I don't understand the reasoning for holding back...
same reason it took the mod as long as it did to be released.

unpaid developers that also have school or jobs and real lives to attend to. they dont have 8 hours a day to give to FF. its not like they are holding the patch back for some strategic reason or anything, its simply not done yet. stuff still needs to be tested (though thanks to mervaka and a few others tonight, a lot of it has gone through testing) and shit. so hold your horses cowboy, it shouldnt be too long now.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2007, 04:38 AM   #19
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

And it wouldn't be good to have a patch that sends a surge of players into the game again only to find out there is a glaring ugly bug that causes the player base to go down again. Every mod is likely to have the drop and the surge of players. Too many of those will hurt though. FF had a huge amount of players at release compared to most mods. The base is there they are all just waiting. Nobody should worry. Keep in mind most of the TFC player base is competitive players. Right now they can't play FF due to leagues not running the game because of bugs. When they come in you'll see a more stable base or thats my prediction anyway.

Stable base = full servers = interest = new players =

Old 10-25-2007, 06:32 AM   #20
Skillet

Hi skanky butterpuss, its nice to see one of the noobs I own in servers on the forums. ttyl
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote