Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
Green Mushy
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via AIM to Green Mushy
FF_Propinquity_B3 (December 19th)

I have some time off this month and i thought i would take a crack at another map. Gameplay is heavily inspired by one of my more favored CTF maps. Who knows which one? Textures are from dystopia. Thanks to exo, neon, and rookie for early alpha feedback, and always thanks to squeek. I just wanted to rush a beta to see how it plays, but I plan on working on it throughout the rest of the month. Im very open to feedback from pickup players on balance issues, so get ur suggestions in asap.

Download Link: ( Newest ) http://www.ffpickup.com/files/ff_propinquity_b3.zip

( Old )http://www.ffpickup.com/files/ff_propinquity_b2.zip

( Old )http://www.ffpickup.com/files/ff_propinquity_b1.zip

B3 changes:
-Resupply bag rework. Added a metal only pack under the engi ramps. It has 100 metal, no H/A. Changed the middle resupply back(the one in the middle of the ramps) to 50 metal. This is so there is more decision making about taking that pack as engineer, and provide a closer pack to more easily rebuild.
-Slight spawn location tweak, just moved some back a little bit.
-Added a team only elevator so defenders can get back to the third level more easily after losing the flag in the main room.
-Added some rafters above the large ramp so attackers cant fly high above the defenders heads.
-Player clipped the flagroom ledges.
-Turned the ramp/stairs into STAIRS. I feel i was making it too easy for attackers to conc out of the flagroom, and i wasnt fully adhering to one of my design goals of: make it easy to get INTO the flagroom, but harder to get out. With stairs, it forces players to walk up them, and gives the D a fair chance to stop flag motion, which will strike more balance and fun.
-Added a yard thing. This is to block some line of sight for chasing attackers, offer an aesthetic breaking up of the flat yard, provide a location to plant a jumppad on for double jumppad combo setups, and force players to be more careful about which route they want to use to conc over the midmap.

B2 changes:
-Resupply packs in spawns/lower resup have 130 metal up from 100.
-Security time up to 32 seconds from 24
-Fixed bsp so classes spawn in their correct locations ( hopefully )
-All stairs are player clipped so they act as ramps
-You still get stuck in the lasers if you stand inside them when they go up. I just dont like the solutions other maps have used, and my solution is fine with me for now. Stay away from the lasers!

An Updated picture of B2:

Picture of the rafters:

Last edited by Green Mushy; 12-20-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Green Mushy is offline   Reply With Quote