http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FtAx9SLx0I

Old 05-19-2008, 02:38 AM   #42
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabeggar
There was something here...but I digress...it's pretty obvious some people can't handle criticism...so whatever.
The same criticism.

Over and over.

Even when everything has been completely and utterly explained to you, the same stupid shit.

Do you offer anything remotely useful? No. No, you just keep complaining.

I'm not the only one tired of it, but I'm the only one who's already enough of an asshole that telling you off doesn't really hurt my reputation.

I mean, I could find something you have no control over, something that's already done that you can no longer affect, and I could bitch to you about it every other day. I could go, hey, how come you didn't do this? You should do this, you should've done this. Hey how about if I throw some money at you to make it work?

Yeah that wouldn't get on your fucking nerves at all, would it?

No, probably not. Probably because the people you trust and work with live near you, you can keep in contact with them. They can't drop off the face of the earth and leave you completely in the dark, with nothing but some committed but unfinished work and no resources to complete it yourself. Maybe they don't fuck up and make an account for something somewhere and forget to give anyone the information, because They Got It, Don't Worry.

Maybe every decision you make always works out.

It's just a shame you didn't make this mod, eh?

If you make another post where all you do is bitch, I'm just banning you. Assuming you bother to come back at all.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:44 AM   #43
Constipated_Zombie

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
Fuck yeah!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:53 AM   #44
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
The same criticism.

Over and over.

Even when everything has been completely and utterly explained to you, the same stupid shit.

Do you offer anything remotely useful? No. No, you just keep complaining.

I'm not the only one tired of it, but I'm the only one who's already enough of an asshole that telling you off doesn't really hurt my reputation.

I mean, I could find something you have no control over, something that's already done that you can no longer affect, and I could bitch to you about it every other day. I could go, hey, how come you didn't do this? You should do this, you should've done this. Hey how about if I throw some money at you to make it work?

Yeah that wouldn't get on your fucking nerves at all, would it?

No, probably not. Probably because the people you trust and work with live near you, you can keep in contact with them. They can't drop off the face of the earth and leave you completely in the dark, with nothing but some committed but unfinished work and no resources to complete it yourself. Maybe they don't fuck up and make an account for something somewhere and forget to give anyone the information, because They Got It, Don't Worry.

Maybe every decision you make always works out.

It's just a shame you didn't make this mod, eh?

If you make another post where all you do is bitch, I'm just banning you. Assuming you bother to come back at all.
Telling people off isn't exactly going to help. I understand your frustration, and I can even see how it could get on your nerves...I guess I just don't understand why people aren't added to the dev team so that we can at least try to move forward. I suppose my question would be why there haven't been. You can't deny me the fact that my complaints are unfounded. Sure, they're frequent, but It hasn't been just me. Credge said it just like I did...when you sign up for this, we the community DO have certain expectations because you guys are the ones in charge with the abilities to do things and not us. Could I beta test things? Sure. Could I moderate a forum, sure could, I'm an average guy just like the majority of the people on these forums...but there are few of us who actually are asked to join up. I would gladly do anything to help, but there's nothing to help with is there? The complaint posts can stop but what else is there? You have to ask for help in order to get it...

Ban me if you want, but it doesn't really fix anything except satisfy your need to stop 1 person from complaining. If you want to talk any more to me, you can PM me just like everyone else, if not, I'm done with this particular subject and at your "request" I'll try and refrain from critical posts...just give me 2.1 please?

Old 05-19-2008, 03:00 AM   #45
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Telling people off isn't exactly going to help. I understand your frustration, and I can even see how it could get on your nerves...I guess I just don't understand why people aren't added to the dev team so that we can at least try to move forward. I suppose my question would be why there haven't been.
[earth-shattering scream of frustration]

Why in the hell would you think we haven't been trying to get people on board?! WHAT SENSE COULD IT POSSIBLY MAKE TO NOT TRY AND GET MORE PEOPLE?!

I can't even register how upset I am in text. I just can't do it. No string of letters would ever adequately convey it.

I seriously might just break down right now. Why anyone would want to work on this mod when this is what we get is just baffling. Nothing that gets done is good enough, everything gets picked to pieces and you want it all fixed immediately.

People get fed up and leave, or stop dedicating themselves fully to their work, or, God forbid, something actually happens to them. We lose people, and the people still involved are so disheartened by this fucking community... it's a marvel anything gets done.

I do everything I can for this mod, because I love this game. I don't complain - except about you ungrateful bastards, anyway. But frankly this shit makes me not want to bother.

Last edited by Circuitous; 05-19-2008 at 03:06 AM.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #46
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Everyone calm down. Everything that can be done is being done. Stop this nonsense and get yourself to the BAUT.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #47
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Quote:
[earth-shattering scream of frustration]

Why in the hell would you think we haven't been trying to get people on board?! WHAT SENSE COULD IT POSSIBLY MAKE TO NOT TRY AND GET MORE PEOPLE?!

I can't even register how upset I am in text. I just can't do it. No string of letters would ever adequately convey it.
You don't convey that to us though...I mean why not post a sticky in general for people to sign up and you guys interview them, pick them out and go from there...WE DO WANT TO HELP YOU!

*deep breath*

The community just wants to know what's going on with their mod...that's pretty much the extent of our frustrations...at least that's the extent of my own...

In the end Circ, you'll be right.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:13 AM   #48
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
You don't convey that to us though...I mean why not post a sticky in general for people to sign up and you guys interview them, pick them out and go from there...WE DO WANT TO HELP YOU!
We didn't have the access to add new devs on our own. Like I said, calm down. Everything is being sorted.

My Non-official Maps

- Karl Pilkington

Old 05-19-2008, 03:31 AM   #49
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Lock the thread, squeek. explained it to me so that I could better understand. Thanks squeek., sorry Circ...moar 2.1!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:33 AM   #50
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Lock the thread, squeek. explained it to me so that I could better understand. Thanks squeek., sorry Circ...moar 2.1!
Good idea. ModDB will be updated once we get this access problem figured out.

EDIT: By the way, most constructive post in this thread goes to tu!

My Non-official Maps

- Karl Pilkington

Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #51
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Mod posting powers activate!

You're not an asshole, Circ. I like to think of you more as a lovable bastard. <3

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Closed Thread