Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
o_sp0rk

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
NeoTF?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but does anyone plan on or know of anyone planning on making a NeoTF mod for Fortress Forever?
o_sp0rk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 12:09 AM   #2
o_cudweiser

I hope not.
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #3
o_hildo

i hope they ll do neotf for ff. but no neotf planned yet. ask www.planetneotf.com if they ll do it
o_hildo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 02:49 AM   #4
o_jinx

it's that the stuff that makes it super-gay?
o_jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
o_vertical

sigh. If they do, disable the thing in the browser list for FF because I get so sick and tired of trying to join a server and noticing its a NeoTF server. I hate NeoTF more than I hate bots, and thats bad. It's (to me) like an addition that 7 year old kids can enjoy because they like all the "pretty colors" :/ It would make a horrible addition to a great game. It's like buying a new car and painting your name in diffrent colored paints on the front hood, and sticking a bunch of stickers all over the body.

Sorry I just despize it and hope that it WILL NOT be included. And if it is, that it WILL NOT show up in the server list. I'm looking for Fortress Forever, NOT NeoTF >

EDIT: Yes, its the stuff that makes it super gay :/
o_vertical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 03:08 AM   #6
o_mooga

I may be the only one but I love NEOTF!
It changes the game in a way that expands the game.
Although this may have something to do with me playing NEOTF prity much since I started playing TFC :P
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 06:18 AM   #7
o_duodecimal

Quote:
"Some of the highlighted features include: MultiGuns, RingOfShadows, Helicoptors, Hoverboards, AntiMissile/Missile Bags, Antigrenage/Healing pods, and more."
What the hell? Thank Jeebus I've never heard of this before, let alone accidently stumbled onto one of these "NeoTF" servers.
o_duodecimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #8
o_hildo

calling neotf gay is really childish. if u dont like neotf then dont play it. no one forces anyone to play neotf. i LOVE neotf :P
i tought this forum is more mature ... ohh well
neotf addon to ff would be welcome! same like servers with bots if u dont like it play anywhere else or leave.
o_hildo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 02:01 PM   #9
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Criticising something isn't necessarily childish. Knee-jerk reactions against criticism are, however..
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 03:58 PM   #10
o_ghost

I think I stumbled into 1 neotf server in all the pubbing i did while playing TFC. It wasn't for me so I never seeked them out. I found most servers that ran neotf had something in the server name saying it was a neotf server.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 04:38 PM   #11
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Using All-Seeing Eye you can easily filter out NeoTF servers.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #12
o_binarylife

All Seeing Eye is quite good.

Being a moderator and part of the team for NeoTF, I can say that there will more than likely be no connection between the two for a very long time, if at all. NeoTF's point was to shock some new love into an old mod. It did that. This will be a new mod, and therefore, it will hog up all the love and need no shocking (it makes sence......really, it does...)

The attraction I have to NeoTF is the players. They're all exceptional and play very well. Fair minded, and respectful players make a much greater challenge to defeat. When I pop on a regular pub server it's either too easy or just plain frustrating.

But enough of my random opinion. I wouldn't hold out for a NeoTF being made for FF. It lakes a point, and it's a great deal of work, with a very small staff right now. But please, feel free to visit the forums, I'll probobly see you there.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 10:29 AM   #13
o_sp0rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
All Seeing Eye is quite good.

Being a moderator and part of the team for NeoTF, I can say that there will more than likely be no connection between the two for a very long time, if at all. NeoTF's point was to shock some new love into an old mod. It did that. This will be a new mod, and therefore, it will hog up all the love and need no shocking (it makes sence......really, it does...)

The attraction I have to NeoTF is the players. They're all exceptional and play very well. Fair minded, and respectful players make a much greater challenge to defeat. When I pop on a regular pub server it's either too easy or just plain frustrating.

But enough of my random opinion. I wouldn't hold out for a NeoTF being made for FF. It lakes a point, and it's a great deal of work, with a very small staff right now. But please, feel free to visit the forums, I'll probobly see you there.
Would a fresh new $5 bill get the ball rolling on NeoFF?
o_sp0rk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 03:25 PM   #14
o_binarylife

haha
no... but if you feel like volenteering you can always send Spanner some E-mails. I haven't talked with him in a while so I really dont' know what his stance is right now.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #15
o_etzell

The best thing to do with NeoFF would be to wait for the actual mod to be released, so you know how the things you add will be implemented.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 08:21 PM   #16
o_binarylife

It's supposed to be new, hence "neo." To have a developed server-side mod for a game that's not out yet is the opposite of the point of NeoTF.

Like I said, if you like it: www.planetneotf.com

If not: www.fortress-forever.com

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a blast

Old 05-18-2005, 08:42 PM   #17
o_pizzahut

You don't need a third party browser, the Steam server browser is capable of differentiating(sp?) following server side mods: AdminOP, NeoTF and TFC. Right click on the table heading, check "Game". Click on the "Game" heading if you want to sort.
o_pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 11:30 PM   #18
o_mooga

As I've said, I love NEOTF but I tried playing AdminOP but it seemed why to confusing to me.
AdminOP has just resently gotten big but I've been playing NEOTF for probably about a year, almost as long as I've been playing TFC. My favoret TFC server used to have a plan TFC server but switched over to just NEOTF so I played.
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2005, 11:20 PM   #19
o_apex

I don't care for NeoTF really.

I don't think it's really up to these guys if it will have it or not though? Or would it be some kind of copywrite infringement to develop it for FF?
o_apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #20
o_binarylife

Quote:
I don't think it's really up to these guys if it will have it or not though? Or would it be some kind of copywrite infringement to develop it for FF?
In more ways than you're aware of, no there's no infringment problems. I don't mean for that to sound condescending. I would explain, but I don't feel that it's my place to.

However, as I said, as a moderator for NeoTF, I can say that there are no current plans to make such a mod. I can also ventur my knowledged opinion that there will not likely be one made for quite a while.

Again, I don't mean to be arrogent, or condesending, only vague.
Sorry.