Old 09-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #24
[LoG]eomp

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hook line and sinker :P
[LoG]eomp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #25
NewKleer

its hard to tell these days with all the tf2 fanboys on the loose!
NewKleer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #26
D3pth
ModCenter Site Director

Send a message via ICQ to D3pth Send a message via AIM to D3pth Send a message via MSN to D3pth Send a message via Yahoo to D3pth
I thought the post was simply saying that FF is the way TF2 was supposed to be in that it is free to play. At least that's the first impression I get when reading that. Which doesn't sound bad at all to me.
D3pth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #27
allisvoid
what is tfc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3pth
I thought the post was simply saying that FF is the way TF2 was supposed to be in that it is free to play. At least that's the first impression I get when reading that. Which doesn't sound bad at all to me.
^

smgzor was giving his opinion and he's entitled to that.

there was no mention of "TF2 people have no skill" or "FF players could whoop TF2 players asses [in FF]"

i see absolutely nothing wrong with that post.

i do, however, find it funny how a lot of people are saying "people that play TF2 have no skill," when a lot of them are ex-tfcers who are looking for a change and are tired of CTF. when i ask ex-TFCers that i see playing TF2 what they think about FF they usually say "i'm tired of CTF." some of the guys from Zt. and -V- already have a TF2 team (at least to my knowledge)... are they skill-less? they sure weren't when they were running through the TFC leagues like it was their morning jog through the park.

the statement is not even valid because they are two completely different games with their own unique skill set.

and another thing... why are "you guys" (in general) so bitter towards TF2? you don't have to play it. you've got FF, a game centered around the way fortress games should be (in your eyes). you've got nothing to be bitter and pissed off about. why don't you put all that energy into spreading the word about FF instead of wasting it basing a game that you are not required in any way, shape, or form to be a part of?

why everyone loves to beat dead horses, i have no idea. fucking politics.

Last edited by allisvoid; 10-02-2007 at 04:17 PM.
allisvoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #28
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvoid
^

smgzor was giving his opinion and he's entitled to that.

there was no mention of "TF2 people have no skill" or "FF players could whoop TF2 players asses [in FF]"

i see absolutely nothing wrong with that post.

i do, however, find it funny how a lot of people are saying "people that play TF2 have no skill," when a lot of them are ex-tfcers who are looking for a change and are tired of CTF. when i ask ex-TFCers that i see playing TF2 what they think about FF they usually say "i'm tired of CTF." some of the guys from Zt. and -V- already have a TF2 team (at least to my knowledge)... are they skill-less? they sure weren't when they were running through the TFC leagues like it was their morning jog through the park.

the statement is not even valid because they are two completely different games with their own unique skill set.

and another thing... why are "you guys" (in general) so bitter towards TF2? you don't have to play it. you've got FF, a game centered around the way fortress games should be (in your eyes). you've got nothing to be bitter and pissed off about. why don't you put all that energy into spreading the word about FF instead of wasting it basing a game that you are not required in any way, shape, or form to be a part of?

why everyone loves to beat dead horses, i have no idea. fucking politics.
It's like this.

FF was in favor for tf fans because valve took a crapload of time coming out with tf2.

Then, when FF was in its beta stages, valve comes out and goes, "oh ok, we've been screwing around these last few years, but now we're on track, and tf2 will be out."

so then FF announce their release date, and valve goes "oh ok, we've been keeping the release date to october, but we're gonna release a beta testing on the same exact date as FF is being released, which is totally coincidental. by the way, you can forget our promo movies, because we removed grenades all together, and also releasing tf2 for consoles. And it's not that we've had to dumb down the gameplay a lot because it's very difficult to do a gren/rocket/gren combo or some fancy move like that on a controller. its just coincidence that the controls are easier on the pc due to our philosophy of what fun is."

Then valve goes "ok, screw you all who supported us before, you're gonna pay like the rest of the money cows."

Then people who normally post how they suck up to valve games on steam forums come over to FF and go "WOW, TF2 is so beautifully done. The visuals totally make up for the lack of gameplay, because you get to sit in respawn mode for 20 sec and admire the graphics. And forget the fast paced action, it's all about teamplay and teamwork, tactical strategy. Isn't that what "team" in team fortress means? It doesn't mean a game based on default teams of 2, red and blue, but possibly more? Valve said that is what team meant, teamplay, and i believe them. FF has very little teamplay value, unlike TF2. And there's too much spam, unlike TF2. And it's not polished, unlike TF2. And TF2. By the way TF2. DId i mention that i was uber1337 in TFC? But i like TF2 better. Because I have authority on these matters, since i've been a TFC veteran. And don't forget, TF2."

It's not a dead horse. It's the fact that TF2 people know that much of the game machanics and classes of TF2 is broken. But instead of going "FFS, valved screwed me in the arse, i learned my lesson" they go, "oh here's a nother TF mod, i bet it sucks, since no other TF mod can be better than the broken TF2."
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #29
allisvoid
what is tfc?

so you're angry because TF2 costs money? because they removed bunny hopping? no grenades? no concs? what for? your answer is FF. it has all of that and it is free if you own HL2; so why are you bitching?

you have your "true to TF game" so play it and don't play the "broken TF2."

i don't see how the game mechanics and classes are broken honestly. they are different games. they took the game in a different direction, one which you do not have to be a part of if you decide not to. it's their game to make and they did what they thought would make people happy (and make them money). the FF devs were tired of waiting for it and did what they thought was the best thing for the mod and they made an awesome game.

again i say, you have FF so stop wasting your time crying about how you hate TF2. no one is making you play or buy the game.

why can't the two just exist together in harmony? it's like arguing about religion. it's pointless and no one will win.

i will post no more [on this topic]!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #30
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
so you're angry because TF2 costs money? because they removed bunny hopping? no grenades? no concs? what for? your answer is FF. it has all of that and it is free if you own HL2; so why are you bitching?
Except for the few who are bitching about how TF2 sucks, most people aren't bitching about how TF2 sucks. They're bitching about how instead of suggesting improvements that enhance the gameplay, animations, tweaks, etc of FF, they keep coming up with threads titled "is FF kaputz" "TF2 so good" "no wonder FF is losing players" etc etc.

Quote:
i don't see how the game mechanics and classes are broken honestly. they are different games. they took the game in a different direction, one which you do not have to be a part of if you decide not to. it's their game to make and they did what they thought would make people happy (and make them money). the FF devs were tired of waiting for it and did what they thought was the best thing for the mod and they made an awesome game.
Perhaps. But there are talks of 3rd party mods of bringing back grenades on TF2. And bhop. And extras.

Quote:
again i say, you have FF so stop wasting your time crying about how you hate TF2. no one is making you play or buy the game.
eh...it's not many of the FF fans who are making this into a FF vs TF2. In fact it's many the TF2 fans who are inciting the FF vs TF2 by coming in the forums to demote FF.

There are FF fans who enjoy TF2 also. The "problem of bitching" on the forums is, instead of suggesting how to improve FF, most TF2 fans come here and poo poo all over the amount of development that went into FF, and when suggestions are made, point to TF2 and go "that's how you improve FF."

Read through the locked forums, if they're not deleted. You will see that most of the FF player base here are bitching, not about TF2, but about people(who are mostly tf2 fans) who post solely to say how FF is going to die out.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 AM   #31
allisvoid
what is tfc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
eh...it's not many of the FF fans who are making this into a FF vs TF2. In fact it's many the TF2 fans who are inciting the FF vs TF2 by coming in the forums to demote FF.
im a lurker so that could be it... i think my mind blanks out the "FF sucks" threads. they don't even register.

thanks for clearing it up.