Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which class do you think is too weak?
Scout 35 36.84%
Sniper 16 16.84%
Soldier 5 5.26%
Demoman 6 6.32%
Medic 4 4.21%
HWGuy 3 3.16%
Pyro 3 3.16%
Spy 3 3.16%
Engineer 20 21.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #21
aflaedge
Resident QWTF God

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Sniper,

With everybody moving a lot quicker than in TFC it seems to be pretty hard to line up a shot with the sniper. I've liked being the sniper in a lot of games (scout not awp in CS). I don't think you should slow everybody else down since it is most definitely fun. I just hope that the sniper won't be relegated to uselessness once again.

+1 vote for Sniper Airstrike!
aflaedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #22
Hogmeister

i picked demoman mostly because he was always my fallback class besides engineer, my main class being sniper i have to say the snipers are just finei n this game, albeit pretty easily killed by any class like a soldier or pyro or HWGuy but still just fine.

theres something about the demoman i can't figure out what i dont like about him. i've seen other people posting about it being harder to place where your pipes are going to stop bouncing and i had that problem. it also seems like its just slow overall i dunno if its the velocity or if its something else but it just feels way too slow.

the engineer i have to agree is also pretty weak based on the fact that spies can easiiillllyyyyyy sabotage a sentry if the engineer so much as runs to get a pack of ammo, its frustrating and quite frankly becomes almost useless unless youre strictly defense and you stay beside it.

thats basically how i feel probly some more to say but i forgot :P
Hogmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #23
RocKwell
Regular or Menthol?

Affiliations: :e0: .o`
I would say scout as well, but that might change over time with clan matches and organized offense and strategies.
RocKwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 06:30 PM   #24
C-Aim
Better than Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~
Engineer - with spys being able to sabotage, he is stuck standing right next to his sentry gun.

There have been a couple of times, when I saw someone run up to my sentry, as soon as the player gets to my sentry I start shooting him with my shotgun. Before I can kill the spy, he has already turned my gun on me.

I have not played enough yet to say for sure - but first impressions are the spy seems to sabotage the sentry too fast.

One spy can destroy a room full of sentry guns. The game seems a little out of balance when one person can take down a teams whole sentry gun defense.
Are you sure it happened that way? When a spy gets shot by anything the hacking bar immediately resets to the start even if they were centimeters from completing the hack. Sure a crafty spy can hack 3 sentries in a room and simultaneously turn them on you (which I have done... made me laugh so hard), but that's only if the defense is really just oblivious to what is going on (I've really only done it consistently on the first day before people figured everything out). There have been times where I've had to cloak in another room and wait for the engy to run by so I can run back into the room with a sentry like I just left for resupply and the defense still caught me and easily stopped me.
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #25
txMaddog

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Engy

SG are able to be hacked, not much point in building them anymore as they more often kill your teammates than the enemy. At least give us a warning that it is being hacked and increase the hack time.

SShotgun does way less damage than it used too, took me 5 shots to down a spy and yes they were good solid hits at close range.

Dispenser also does way less damage when it explodes, I exploded a full loaded one on a spy who was hacking it and he survived. They also can be hacked and destroyed by a spy, again no reason to build them. A 'being hacked' warning and longer hack time is needed.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #26
raidyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocKwell
I would say scout as well, but that might change over time with clan matches and organized offense and strategies.
You shouldn't balance out a game because Pro Gamer Johnny can do well as a scout. I am aware their are godlike scout players out there, but for the most part, Scout is playable at best and worthless at worst.
raidyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #27
Titan

I think that as the engineer is indeed an engineer who creates guns....he should have a more powerful shotgun maybe? Not too much more powerful but yano..maybe a tad!

or maybe not...
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #28
Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by txMaddog
Engy

SG are able to be hacked, not much point in building them anymore as they more often kill your teammates than the enemy. At least give us a warning that it is being hacked and increase the hack time.

SShotgun does way less damage than it used too, took me 5 shots to down a spy and yes they were good solid hits at close range.

Dispenser also does way less damage when it explodes, I exploded a full loaded one on a spy who was hacking it and he survived. They also can be hacked and destroyed by a spy, again no reason to build them. A 'being hacked' warning and longer hack time is needed.
Got to disagree about the warning becus they could just det it...Then theres no point in the hack function..
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #29
Hype
Don't believe the hype
D&A Member

Class/Position: Both
Gametype: CTF
Send a message via MSN to Hype
scout IMO

Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #30
fatehaze

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
It's true that scout has it rough - I can stand at the entrance to my base in aardvark and shotgun-snipe (either super or single shotty) scouts as they conc their way across the midfield. They never make it inside, and should they ever get the flag, they'll probably die from fall damage when they conc away. The radar is a really good feature, and it helps scouts avoid combat altogether, but most maps (so far) are too wide open to actually use it effectively.

Of course, it's easier for me to criticize than solve. The scout could definitely use more speed, but he also needs at least one viable option for combat, however limited it may be. I suggest a high-damage melee weapon.

Or maybe get a bit more technical? Perhaps the scout's running speed increases while he's running, resetting to default scout speed when he stops, catches a rocket, etc. For instance, after five seconds of uninterrupted running, you gain +5% speed, after mantaining that for five seconds you reach another level of speed boost. You get the idea. That would get my blood pumping, bolting frantically through a base, trying desperately to avoid any obstacles and enemies while trying to get that flag in record time.

Granted, this is all a half-baked idea, but there are creative solutions out there. The scout needs a deeper level of play (beyond conc-jumping), not just more power, IMO.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:49 AM   #31
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

I'm sucking at sniper. Seriously sucking.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:50 AM   #32
Weezy69

Quote:
The radar is a really good feature, and it helps scouts avoid combat altogether, but most maps (so far) are too wide open to actually use it effectively.

the scout actually has a see thru wall hack if u hit +attack2 im pretty sure it takes cells or sumshit
Weezy69 is offline   Reply With Quote