Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2006, 11:06 PM   #41
o_tyrus

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fail
Updates don't calm fans down. It just makes them bitch for more.
Oh, really. Hmmm, I'll think about that one.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #42
o_radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio

surely the devs can greenlight someone in the beta to make a couple of gameplay videos of different classes, right? i can't see what harm that could possibly do and it would not even be a dev release so there should not be any worry of stepping up quality or some other nonsense. it would not require any of the devs' time nor would it hinder the developement of the game itself and it would finally give the much anticipated gameplay sneek peek.

i can see only upsides to this, do tell if there is something that i have overlooked.
sorry for bumping this thread but i genuinely would like to hear a comment on this from the dev team because i honestly can't think of any reasons why this couldn't be done.
o_radio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #43
o_imbrifer

Thanks for the support, everyone. And thanks to the forum mods and everyone who realizes this is not a call for release, but a call to insure that our community is intact.

Frankly it is the community which will make the mod successful - if people download it and try it, but there are only a few servers which are dead, it won't take off.

Happy New Years, and I look forward to someone from the FF team stating a response.

Oh, and the color is brown. I do it pretty frequently in my postings, so :P
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #44
o_ihmhi

You know what would be cool?

If some of the Devs got together and had a podcast.

Take someone from the forums who most of us trust and like, a good writer and an inquisitive mind. I would nominate Circuitous or Nezumi. The important thing is that the interviewer is not in the beta (sorry Mervaka).

Then they sit down with a small group of devs and beta testers over teamspeak or some shit. Ask some questions that the community would want to hear, ask how the project is going, etc. Get Mr. Beefy to say amusing things with that awesome voice of his, like "Winamp... it really whips the llama's ass".

It would take like an hour for the interview and maybe 10-15 minutes to put it online, maybe all of an hour or two to plan the questions, and then the community will have something to comfort and entertain them.

I mean, honestly, Mr. Beefy is like the voice of God. If he says the mod is awesome, then people will build golden Mr. Beefy idols and have a bitchin' party at the bottom of some mountain.
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 12:13 AM   #45
o_ohcanep

Good idea, it would give us an update and who knows result in some cult following in a temple at the bottom of Mount Everest (there is one right?).
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 06:40 AM   #46
o_heatz0r

Not even a Christmas card from the devs, well they aren't getting one from me this year. YOU HEAR THAT? No festive greetings for you!
o_heatz0r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #47
o_t00l

I really like the podcast idea... do it!
o_t00l is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #48
o_mapex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer
Thanks for the support, everyone. And thanks to the forum mods and everyone who realizes this is not a call for release, but a call to insure that our community is intact.

Frankly it is the community which will make the mod successful - if people download it and try it, but there are only a few servers which are dead, it won't take off.

Happy New Years, and I look forward to someone from the FF team stating a response.

Oh, and the color is brown. I do it pretty frequently in my postings, so :P
...ITS RED I TELL YOU! DON'T FUCKIN LIE!

...I quoted you and it says [ color=brown ]...ITS STILL RED

But I disagree with the completely valid and articulate point made by the OP. It only makes sense to talk down to people who make good points that are way better than mine, so I am with you Paft! Right on!
o_mapex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #49
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
You know what would be cool?

If some of the Devs got together and had a podcast.

Take someone from the forums who most of us trust and like, a good writer and an inquisitive mind. I would nominate Circuitous or Nezumi. The important thing is that the interviewer is not in the beta (sorry Mervaka).

Then they sit down with a small group of devs and beta testers over teamspeak or some shit. Ask some questions that the community would want to hear, ask how the project is going, etc. Get Mr. Beefy to say amusing things with that awesome voice of his, like "Winamp... it really whips the llama's ass".

It would take like an hour for the interview and maybe 10-15 minutes to put it online, maybe all of an hour or two to plan the questions, and then the community will have something to comfort and entertain them.

I mean, honestly, Mr. Beefy is like the voice of God. If he says the mod is awesome, then people will build golden Mr. Beefy idols and have a bitchin' party at the bottom of some mountain.
I agree with this.
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #50
o_darksoul

hows about a thread where we aim questions at the dev team and they can respond in a journal!
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #51
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul
hows about a thread where we aim questions at the dev team and they can respond in a journal!
we already have one...
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ead.php?t=3103

Old 01-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #52
o_aces

Quote:
Yep, baut thread is a whole load of garbage spam and when someone asks something, it gets lost in that big pile of shit posts made by people who want more ff, don't get it, so they do stupid shit to give themselves something to do. When the media updates were coming in steady, I checked this site out all the time, now, it's like meh, once a week maybe, if that.

Just give a dog a bone, cause if you don't, he'll eventually look elsewhere. Say what you want, like if you do that you aren't a true fan etc, but honestly this place is fucking boring. Nothing to look at anymore. I could waste time here reading nonsense or I could go play my wii. I might do that now.
Bravo sir. That "BAUT" thread shout be locked anyway, fucking state of it.
o_aces is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #53
o_nodnarb

but, but were almost to 6,000 replies!

Old 01-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #54
o_nezumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fail
Updates don't calm fans down. It just makes them bitch for more.
Even so, a lot of people bitching about updates is better than no one caring at all.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #55
o_nocomply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Even so, a lot of people bitching about updates is better than no one caring at all.
When the updates stop, the bitching will only go on for so long before we all get bored and stop caring. I want to see it out as much as anyone here, I wouldn't want them to sacrifice quality, but seriously, what would a pic or two hurt?
o_nocomply is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #56
o_paft

I imagine they have better things to be doing thier time.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2007, 01:31 AM   #57
o__mj_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft
I imagine they have better things to be doing thier time.

like what?

WE NEED AN UPDATE!
i'm getting worried.
o__mj_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2007, 01:32 AM   #58
BritishTang
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MJ_
like what?

WE NEED AN UPDATE!
i'm getting worried.

I'm awesome. Good update?

omg!!11111 A dev posted.
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here.

-Mitch Hedberg
BritishTang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #59
o_fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Well judging by the rampant bitching going on right now, I'd say there are quite a few people caring.
o_fail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2007, 02:39 AM   #60
o_grg

The team could have someone just to write updates. But that'd have to be done in the beginning; now that it's almost done it'll be useless. My opinion is that they don't update because:

1. like that guy said, a small update will just make people bitch for more.
2. a huge update (like Dustbowl's Valley) will take TIME, and I think (or, I hope) that the Dev team will rather work on FF than work in showing everyone how it's going.

And they won't update with something like "hey, FF will be released in a couple of weeks", because that might not be true - in both ways. Unless they have like little easy details to work on, and then it's possible to set a release date.

I also wanted more updates and such (just to excite me more :P), but I completely understand them. So I'll just sit and wait.
o_grg is offline   Reply With Quote