View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
This is a known issue that has to do with new SteamCMD for Source SDK 2006 games. Once the servers have been updated to this, then you should be able to play.

More info here:
Steam's New Content System and FF
Did you really read his post? Doesn't sound like what he's referring to.

The first server runs custom maps but doesn't have auto DL properly set up. The EU pickup server. I'm not sure but I think Mnzy or Ze may have FTP to that server and could set up the auto DL. Or at least one of them would probly know who to talk to.

In reference to the anitalink server, the class tables and version are out of date. I really don't know about that one. It's been around forever and I don't think I've ever really seen anyone play on it.

As far as filling goes. There aren't really a lot of euros that play this game often. Some come and go now and then. But they usually find the game in the same state as you, and either suffer high pings or don't stick around very long. But maybe if you stick around for a while you could round them up as they pop in. You should try to get a group of friends into the game to help you fill servers. You could also try joining and posting in the populate FF steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PopulateFF

There are definitely a lot of euros who enjoy this game and want to play, but they are hidden like ninjas.