Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 08-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Elite Dangerous

I'm way more excited for this than star citizen. Seems more within a reasonable scope and already looks fantastic. I just kind of like to imagine all the crazy stuff going on in eve online, with the huge economy and and large clans "owning" parts of space, and knocking over space stations and shit. Only with a little more sim feeling to it where you can be in the cock pit and shoot stuff.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
It's Jumpgate, all redone and fuckin amazing again.

I love open space like this, but I never enjoyed the open PVP. I wanna haul and sell shit when I feel like it and not worry about an asswagon blowing up my hours and hours worth of work.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
It's Jumpgate, all redone and fuckin amazing again.

I love open space like this, but I never enjoyed the open PVP. I wanna haul and sell shit when I feel like it and not worry about an asswagon blowing up my hours and hours worth of work.
And that's exactly what is most enticing to me, the open PVP. Not necessarily so that I can go pick on little guys here and there, but for the dynamics it creates. Clans running sections of space and being able to plan attacks on other clans stuff like that.

But right now it seems like there's an automated bounty system, so if you're in a lawful area and get killed that person will accrue a bounty which is paid out to who ever kills that person. So it's possible people won't really fool around with smaller pray.

I think it all depends on just how populated the game gets. If it could get EVE popular, I think little guys would be mostly left alone, and I could even see players forming unofficial "police" factions, or provide protection to certain areas.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #4
Bully
Beta Tester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spectating
Gametype: British Bulldogs
Affiliations: ®™ ^
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Might give this a go but my pc is just on the minimum spec end for it. I used to love Elite on my BBC micro

Old 08-31-2014, 02:46 PM   #5
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Yah, it was mostly the same in Jumpgate but the bounties were ridiculously low. Who is gonna hunt down a pirate for 15k creds when the insurance on your ship is a 1mil c? Often, if you saw a new pilot out carving on an asteroid, you helped him out and told him to find a safer sector. New pilots are the lifeblood of the game; farm them and eventually the number of players dwindle enough to irrevocably damage the game.

And don't get me wrong, I wanna get in on the PvP, just when I want to though. I'm a full fan of carebear sectors where you have to be flagged to be shot down. This lets casual players do their asteroid farming and resource gathering at their own pace and leisure, and more importantly, lets the game get their revenue from these people.

I really wanna play this fucker... But i'm done being burned by Early Access shit, especially for $75. I'll be keeping an eye on it though, I know another guy who will buy into it as soon as it gets up.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote