Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #121
MightyLotu

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
some maps could use prettier skyboxes too.. xen-like spacey ones, colorfull landshapes etc

Old 10-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #122
barronofhellion

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
Sometimes I increase the contrast brightness of my monitor to try and compensate.
for the sake of keeping everything the same i would just increase the brightness inside the game ... vs on the monitor

Old 10-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #123
Grau

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC
I definately like the brighter maps.... ditch the darkness, it sucks. Better maps will make me more interested. Took me about three weeks of play to get a little bored with it, took me 3 maps of TF2, lol.

Man, I'm the total opposite.

I miss the shadows/dark areas that the original QWTF maps had. I'm a sniper at heart so that may be why.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:15 PM   #124
Big_Z

First of all let me say that I do enjoy this game. It reminds me allot of tfc and it rekindled that spark that I used to have for online shooters.

In all honesty I believe this game is going to die. I do not wish this to happen but that is simply my point of view and the view of my friends. You put the game out at a poor time and you will simply not be able to compete with tf2 even though FF is a much better game.

I agree that HW is overpowered, I can demolish pretty much an entire team as one. 95% of the pubs I have been to have a majority of the players as snipers, Hw's, and engy's. This gets old fast, where are all the servers with the skilled players?

I was really hoping to come back and rally my old clan into reforming [Dark Omen], but there is no desire to put that kind of effort into a game that is not going to last. Just to reiterate, I really enjoy this game and I hope I am wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Out

Old 10-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #125
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grau
Man, I'm the total opposite.

I miss the shadows/dark areas that the original QWTF maps had. I'm a sniper at heart so that may be why.
You can still have dark areas of a map with the general theme of it being a bright colorful map it's all about the shadows and shading.

But a few of these maps just seem soo depressing when you get in. I'm not really asking for a change on the current ones (we can have some dark maps), but my request is more for the future map makers. Make them more colorful, we have enough darkness for now

Cheers,
Hammock

Old 10-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #126
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
First of all let me say that I do enjoy this game. It reminds me allot of tfc and it rekindled that spark that I used to have for online shooters.

In all honesty I believe this game is going to die. I do not wish this to happen but that is simply my point of view and the view of my friends. You put the game out at a poor time and you will simply not be able to compete with tf2 even though FF is a much better game.

I agree that HW is overpowered, I can demolish pretty much an entire team as one. 95% of the pubs I have been to have a majority of the players as snipers, Hw's, and engy's. This gets old fast, where are all the servers with the skilled players?

I was really hoping to come back and rally my old clan into reforming [Dark Omen], but there is no desire to put that kind of effort into a game that is not going to last. Just to reiterate, I really enjoy this game and I hope I am wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Out
Well, now. Thank you for the doomsday notice. I'll make sure to mark it in my calendar in the year 43WTF was that about.

And please, don't forget to wash your face; having your face up valves butt makes it brown and stinky.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #127
Mike.Gayner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
Well, now. Thank you for the doomsday notice. I'll make sure to mark it in my calendar in the year 43WTF was that about.

And please, don't forget to wash your face; having your face up valves butt makes it brown and stinky.
Wow, what an irrational response to a perfectly neutral post. I wonder why people think this community is so up its own ass?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:55 AM   #128
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Most posters are just fine. Go to the TF2 forums and post about FF and you'll see the same things... In fact, go to any gaming community forum and you'll find your fair share of fanboys & irritants.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #129
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
In all honesty I believe this game is going to die...you will simply not be able to compete with tf2 even though FF is a much better game...Just to reiterate, I really enjoy this game and I hope I am wrong but I seriously doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner
Wow, what an irrational response to a perfectly neutral post. I wonder why people think this community is so up its own ass?
Errr....how was that a neutral post.
And, last time i check, i saw "Fortress Forever" as the title of this forum...and not "wow i wish FF was dead because i'm rational" forum...

Unless, by neutral, you mean, "oh yes, it's good to keep hammering away at the FF community how FF is going to die out, as long as you mention how much you enjoy FF; because as long as you mention how much you like FF, you can say how much FF is going to die soon and it will be taken as constructive criticism, and only irrational people will disagree, since instead of posting authentic constructive criticism over at IaS section, we should all prepared for the coming collapse"

@Defag
Thank you. It's incredible to me how people would sign up on FF forum to put it down instead of promoting it and helping it grow.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #130
Sabre
Creg

Why wouldn't they, it's not like these forums are moderated at all to remove the negative arseholes that make it their daily duty to contribute to the downfall of the game in whatever way possible.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #131
DEATHSTRIKER6666
expert

I BADGER TAME LOTS

Old 10-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #132
EngeeMan
Banned

Last night I was checking all the top listed people in the Fortress Forever group and their steam pages. 1/10 was actually playing fortress forever. The vast majority, including the group admin, were playing TF2.

The listing of the top-ranked games didn't even show SourceSDK (for mod) on anyone's pages except the few that were playing FF at the time I checked. The leader of the group has something like 35+ hours of TF2 in the past 2 weeks and 0 Fortress Forever or SourceSDK.

Top played games of the first 6 members:

13 hours TFC
5.5 hours TF2
2.1 hours HL2
Now playing Peggle Extreme

5.6 hours HL2 DM
0.4 hours TFC
Now playing HL2 DM

43.8 hours of TF2
Now playing TF2

6.4 hours TF2
3.8 hours CS:S
1.1 hours ET:QW demo
Now playing TF2

46 hours CS:S
5.7 hours TF2
3.4 hours ET:QW demo
Now playing TF2

35.4 hours CS
4.2 hours CS:S
3.3 hours TFC
Now playing HL2Ep1

16.5 hours TF2
2.2 hours Civ4
0.3 hours HL2Ep1
Now playing TF2

--

Pretty sad that I am clicking randomly now and can't find anyone at the moment that plays fortress forever even enough to be their 3rd most played game in Fortress Forever's biggest steam group.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #133
tin

Why FF is destined to fail.

Let me start off by saying I've been looking forward to this mod for a LONG LONG TIME. I was stuck between playing a dying game (TFC) and waiting for TF2...So I've been following FF's progress for a long time.

Not even a month into its release, FF is already on the verge of death. Less than 200 people play the game during peak hours. (It was upwards of 500 during the first few days)

Here are a few reasons why FF was doomed from the start.

1. Release Date
WHY release it so close to TF2? I know the TF2 date came as a surprise, but you could have postponed the FF launch, instead, you launched it sooner than planned. There's no way FF stands a chance competing with TF2.

2. Not very original
I know this mod was created for the old TF/TFC players but what everyone most realize, is that there is a reason why no one plays TFC anymore...it's not just the outdated graphics. There were many problems with TFC that you've included in FF...and I'm afraid that will contribute to the downfall of FF. People want something new, something fresh...and with FF...basically all you've given us is a cheaply made TFC:Source

3. Community
Quite possibly the worst community of any game/mod I've ever seen (that's why I haven't registered for the forums until now) I'm not saying all of you, but ALOT. You seem to have this fanboy mentality about how FF is better than any Valve game, and how when you're in game you're better than everyone else. Example: I was playing sniper in dustbowl, and you wouldn't guess the amount of times I was called a noob/scrub. My k/d was 15-9 (which isn't bad since it was the first time I played sniper). It seems like every 2nd or 3rd message I see in an FF server is someone complaining about someone or something.

To devs: I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this mod, I'm sure we all do. However it just won't be enough to be able to compete with a professionally made game.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #134
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
somebody lock this thread.
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------

Old 10-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #135
tin

We can't voice opinions on the FF forums?

I guess that falls into my 3rd category: community.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #136
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngeeMan
Last night I was checking all the top listed people in the Fortress Forever group and their steam pages. 1/10 was actually playing fortress forever. The vast majority, including the group admin, were playing TF2.

The listing of the top-ranked games didn't even show SourceSDK (for mod) on anyone's pages except the few that were playing FF at the time I checked. The leader of the group has something like 35+ hours of TF2 in the past 2 weeks and 0 Fortress Forever or SourceSDK.

Top played games of the first 6 members:

13 hours TFC
5.5 hours TF2
2.1 hours HL2
Now playing Peggle Extreme

5.6 hours HL2 DM
0.4 hours TFC
Now playing HL2 DM

43.8 hours of TF2
Now playing TF2

6.4 hours TF2
3.8 hours CS:S
1.1 hours ET:QW demo
Now playing TF2

46 hours CS:S
5.7 hours TF2
3.4 hours ET:QW demo
Now playing TF2

35.4 hours CS
4.2 hours CS:S
3.3 hours TFC
Now playing HL2Ep1

16.5 hours TF2
2.2 hours Civ4
0.3 hours HL2Ep1
Now playing TF2

--

Pretty sad that I am clicking randomly now and can't find anyone at the moment that plays fortress forever even enough to be their 3rd most played game in Fortress Forever's biggest steam group.
/shrug I'm not in that steam group and I haven't played any other mod since FF's release. I love the game, and don't need to be in some group to show my support for it.

Cheers,
Hammock

Old 10-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #137
BaliAgha

Release date did it for me, I tried telling the FF community/devs a long time ago to release what they had...

Does anyone remember playing CS when it first came out? The CS today looks a lot different from the first versions and look how many people still play.

Also another good point is Originality. For example what they did with the maps in TF2 is just purely brilliant. Oh and the fact that TF2 players don't have to struggle with pushing the space bar a million times during a fight.

Of course the Community was always lacking, I could never read/post on forums with out everyone flaming. Not to mention the people that are on the servers now..

Like the OP said, a GREAT attempt at another TFC game but its to little, to late..

I shall be poking my head back into the FF servers once/IF the community grows bigger and devs release updates/maps.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #138
PsYcNeT
Black Chancellor

Well, when your 'opinion' is essentially hate literature, then yes.

Gambit is right, lock the thread, or edit your initial post to include something constructive other than blatant criticism without a modicum of suggestion or anything else.

If you have problems with parts of a the game, there are 2 forums set up to express them. To start a thread deriding the game and it's future does fuck all other than
a) piss off the people working on it
b) make you look like a total dick
c) ruffle the feathers of the people who are supporting the game and helping it not fail

To be horribly cliche, if your not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Coming on the forum to troll for negative responses is immesurably juvenile and not conducive to anything but a circular argument.

Please, post your (constructive) criticisms in the appropriate forums, and leave this crap out of general.

Or just spoon me - I love to cuddle.
-edit by 4est

Last edited by 4est; 10-05-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #139
tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
Or just ********, either way is good
This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

My original post isn't trolling. Just because you disagree with my post, you want to have it locked...that's not how things should work.

Seems like you're the one that's part of the problem. I'm just a gamer who wants to play games.

-edit by 4est

Last edited by 4est; 10-05-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #140
PsYcNeT
Black Chancellor

Well if you can't be a properly constructive person, why even bother coming here? To bitch?

Closed Thread