o_sugmire

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
TF2 - June 2nd, 2005

http://pc.ign.com/articles/582/582261p2.html

Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of Arms
Publisher: Sierra
Developer: Valve
Release Date: June 2, 2005
Summary: This one's starting to rival Freelancer and Duke Nukem for "where the hell is it, anyway?" status. It even qualified for inclusion in our "Missing in Action" feature last year. But now it seems like things are back on course for this title's eventual release. This summer, god-willing, gamers will finally get a chance to play the new Team Fortress. Now that Half-Life 2 and Steam have launched, the gang at Valve can focus more of their energy and attention on getting Team Fortress ready for the masses.

The title says it all: following the squad theme that seems to have overtaken the shooter genres, Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of Arms will see you taking part in battles as a member of a group. A wide variety of soldier types lets you take on the role you want in each battle. When raw power is needed, you can adopt the role of Marine or Commando. If you need to have a little more variety, you can help support the primary fighters as an Engineer or a Medic. If team-based action isn't your thing, you can still make a contribution as a Spy or Sniper.

We're still waiting to see how it works in practice but the solid mechanic of the original game and the sheer beauty of the Source Engine leave us with few doubts that Team Fortress 2 will live up to everyone's expectations.
o_sugmire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #2
o_darkside

You think thats funny check this out: selling a game that doesnt exist!

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/219676.asp HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA HAHAHA.... omg.... HAHAH .. need air.... HAHAHAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... aaaaaaaaaaaa..... few. thats one funny thing, and hehe... note the screenshots that they have for it.. hahahaha.. soooo whos gonna PRE-ORDER for 49.99?? ahhahahahaha and its by SIERRA the LEADER in HL gaming! hahahahaha
o_darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 12:53 AM   #3
o_sh4x

Duke Nukem Forever is gonna kick everything else's ass imo.

They have the best of the best, reeeally talented ppl working on it and the best thing, they have all the time they want to make it the way they want it. They're using meqon (gen3) for their physic engine, havok (used in hl2) is gen2 so it looks promising.

http://www.meqon.com/index.php

So yeah, just thought I'd drop a note about DNF since I kinda follow the evolution on 3DRealms's board and alot of ppl still have the misconception that it's never gonna be released.
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 02:58 AM   #4
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Duke Nukem Forever will also cure cancer and bring peace to warring nations.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 05:00 AM   #5
o_shaggy

PLease Duke has nothing on the Old skool Wolfeinstine character. THAT DUDE OWNED!!!!!!!!!
o_shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #6
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

But what WAS his name?

It feels somehow wrong to call him just "The Wolfenstein Dude"

Old 03-11-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
o_sobe green

That release date is probably based on the earliest date you could assume if Valve does showcase TF2 at E3. In the event they do, I'm sure they'll focus on a August-December date. I'm still predicting TFC:S being bundled with TF2. If it happens, you know who said it first!
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 08:39 AM   #8
o_oinker

lol gamestop.com finally took tf2 off their website like 4 months ago i was one of the idiots that preordered it umm 3 years ago? and forgot and I got an e-mail saying your product has discontinued by gamestop.com or some crap lmao. now that FF is beeing made i hope they don't make TFC:S... valve would ruin tfc again and make it completely gay never update it and never listen to the community and add a hand held teleporter and a class that gives people hugs to gain stamina or some shit......
o_oinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #9
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

TF2 and DNF, when released will either be delivered in person by the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. Either way I am excited and will not sleep until then.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #10
o_mr elliotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
But what WAS his name?

B.J. Blazkowicz
o_mr elliotto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 12:08 PM   #11
o_shaolin

I don't think TF2 will be the arcade style of gameplay that makes TF/TFC so fun.
o_shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #12
o_storm

You know what is laughable, valve sending out that news update through steam a few months ago saying how they were going to send out a regular updates telling people what they were up too and how they realised that in the past they weren't as open as they should have been. Everytime I open one of these updates I hope they might mention the leters TF but they never do
o_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 01:43 PM   #13
o_sobe green

I lost all hope of seeing those letters. Its much better to just have it all come as a suprise. Suprises don't have a time limit

Old 03-11-2005, 05:23 PM   #14
o_saintgreg

You'd think that if they were working on anything with the letters T and F they would wan tthe community to know so that they might not lose all hope in valve. If they just up and release it one day thats like saying:

Okay here you go, we kept you in the dark for years, but pretty pretty please play this game. After all we are the ones who made half life and you like that game!

Though it would depend on how good it is.
o_saintgreg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #15
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Elliotto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
But what WAS his name?

B.J. Blazkowicz
Thank you, that was bugging me.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #16
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintGreg
You'd think that if they were working on anything with the letters T and F they would wan tthe community to know so that they might not lose all hope in valve. If they just up and release it one day thats like saying:

Okay here you go, we kept you in the dark for years, but pretty pretty please play this game. After all we are the ones who made half life and you like that game!

Though it would depend on how good it is.
When you have a game you want to release that was due 5-6 years ago, you don't really want to just say "Ok folks we are about to release it". One small delay and you are the biggest fool in the gaming world. And lets face it, Valve isn't known for meeting release dates. So I think it would be in their best interest to either (a. Show it at E3 or (b. Just release it on everybody.