FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D Engy, D Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Retry: avd server

Greetings all,

A retry for seeing if the EU community would like an AvD server, as brought up by Credge in this post.

#FF.SNT @ quakenet - #3 AvD + hunted - 2.2 EU -- 130.89.149.202:27015

Current mapcycle:
  • ff_hunted
  • ff_ksour_classic
  • ff_anticitizen
  • ff_impact
  • ff_vertigo
  • ff_avanti_classic

Any idea on adding news maps are more then welcome!

Any new admins for that matter, who wish to administer the server, change maps on popular demand and remove those who only wish to do harm to the gameplay are also welcome. If you are interested in admin'ing, please view this link and follow it's guidance!

Lets try and build the server into something nice!

-- Rawh out
Rawh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Dinosaur Gas
www.tfcgaschamber.com

Gametype: TFC
Affiliations: -CLT-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via AIM to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via Yahoo to Dinosaur Gas
I would remove hunted from the rotation.

Dinosaur Gas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
Doughnut-4|4-

is there anyway you could make the hunted map play for half the time or just come up on votes?
Doughnut-4|4- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2009, 05:51 AM   #4
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

You could always issue a mapvote with saying "rtv" (stands for "rock the vote") and choose the map you'd like to be in the vote with saying "nominate".
A menu will popup and after you hit ESC you can select the map to nominate for the voting.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
I think what they are trying to say is, Hunted will kill the server. It doesn't play very well on pubs from what I have seen. More than 1/2 the time it will clear a server if the vote isn't rocked.

Don't get me wrong though. I like Hunted, but only when there is a competent Prez and / or Bodyguard team.
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialSchism View Post
I think what they are trying to say is, Hunted will kill the server. It doesn't play very well on pubs from what I have seen. More than 1/2 the time it will clear a server if the vote isn't rocked.

Don't get me wrong though. I like Hunted, but only when there is a competent Prez and / or Bodyguard team.
Played hunter a few hours yesterday. Mainly because I was in the server with Mirage, dllz and a few others having fun.

Its true that there were no other people joining, to bad about that.
The minute we changed to something like avanti people started pouring in but when the mapcycle set it to vertigo most people left again.

I guess in a way people dislike hunted because they can't be arsed to defend the hunted. In order for the map to be more successful people need to cooperate more, but for a game like this in which people largely have no clue in public game play and just want to frag some nutters it won't really work

Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
just put a rotation of the few proven server-filling maps to get ppl to join in the first place, then if they want summing else they can vote for it.
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesium View Post
just put a rotation of the few proven server-filling maps to get ppl to join in the first place, then if they want summing else they can vote for it.
Yeah I've done that with the 2fort & well server but it turns out people only play those maps and when you issue a rtv (and it succeeds, which strange it does most times because ppl repeat your word, being curious on what it does) they leave

I wish they would join the forum that comes with that gameserver. Be more active in the community, but then again, I could only hope.
Turns out I've got a few people now that could be considered a regular but even those aren't to keen on registering on another forum for feedback issues and thoughts about the game or the community.

It's always been like that when I'm trying to build up a community. I'm quite sure it's something that I'm doing wrong on my end but noone has ever been able to tell me why...

Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #9
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
I think that most players still like CTF due to the fact they can go around at their own will, whereas in AvD you don't have as much freedom. I would stay at the server trying to get people to join, but since usually my time is limited, I would rather play a map I don't like (like 2fort or aardvark) if there's people than spending 20 minutes to get 3 players to join D=

Believe me, I'm one of the players that would like to have a consistent, succesful AvD server to play, pretty much like it happened in TFC with the .id servers.
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote