Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricuS
wow, some people who have posted, still have 0 posts. yeah, its fixed alright
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ead.php?t=8496
allisvoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #122
Toughsox

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Glad you guys got it all back up and running.
Toughsox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #123
Kaleign

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvoid
thats not cool its cool to be lower case
And my name is GREEN now!

bwahahaha
Kaleign is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #124
allisvoid
what is tfc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleign
And my name is GREEN now!

bwahahaha
LOL so not cool
allisvoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #125
A Boojum Snark

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvoid
LOL so not cool
Blue is obviously the coolest, since of the four it represents the lowest temperature on infrared and such.
A Boojum Snark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #126
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Yeah....blue is better than red, cause i have a fever ........i hate red....my head is burning....
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 AM   #127
_MJ_
Mapper

good. Im glad you have to re-register again. My postcount was tampered with long ago..
_MJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #128
mikkado
Insane

Send a message via MSN to mikkado
A shame that it happend, but technology will sometimes fail. No biggy
mikkado is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #129
3allz

ah well, not a big problem
3allz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #130
VampiricuS
I want to work here

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
not to be an ass here. but I could care less about this forum being fancy shmancy. dont care about post counts anymore either. I just wanna play the friggen mod already.

whoos with me?
VampiricuS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #131
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
i want to play the friggen mod as well, but until its released i will make do with the forums. and i want it to be as pleasant as a make doing can be!
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #132
Jinx
disgruntled mapper

Send a message via AIM to Jinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricuS
not to be an ass here. but I could care less about this forum being fancy shmancy. dont care about post counts anymore either. I just wanna play the friggen mod already.

whoos with me?
Me. I'm honestly starting to wonder if this mod will ever be released, and why I still have Steam or HL2 installed. I've worked on mods before, and I understand the demands and issues internally that make releases take a while. I map, and I know now long just that can take, much less putting that together with everything else. But still, this is getting beyond ridiculous.

Also, the coldest color is clearly BLACK.
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #133
Suite307

Black team is where all the sad kids go when they want a release , sooo.... RELEASE NOW or THE BIGGEST MASS SUICIDE IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY!
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 07:11 AM   #134
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to puppychow Send a message via Yahoo to puppychow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
Me. I'm honestly starting to wonder if this mod will ever be released, and why I still have Steam or HL2 installed. I've worked on mods before, and I understand the demands and issues internally that make releases take a while. I map, and I know now long just that can take, much less putting that together with everything else. But still, this is getting beyond ridiculous.

Also, the coldest color is clearly BLACK.
dude, all you do is bitch - stop being a bitch.
puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #135
bekkra

Have faith

The mod *will* be released because behind it you can see a development and management team with commitment so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Future users like us can only assure the team that their work is indeed valued and that we share their belief in something good coming to the on-line gaming world.

We should tap the team on their shoulders every day and bring them cookies, refreshments, lovely company in matching kind and virtue, and tell them that what they are doing is something unbelievable, fantastic and a gift to mankind. No harm in positive feedback

And let's hope that ff won't, ever, lose data of more importance than our meaningless rumblings.

//
bekkra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #136
Mortal Moxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtoofa
First off, I want to apologize to all you folks who frequently visit the Fortress Forever site. You're the FF blood and guts right now, and you mean a lot to FF's future success. Unfortunately as some of you had noticed, the main site and forums had been down for the last week or so (end of Feb - early Mar).

Some might appreciate an explanation, so here goes: our host machine experienced a data corruption problem that initially destroyed most of the site and the behind-the-scenes database. Thankfully, almost all of the site content and database have been recovered; however, the key words here are "almost all."

So how might you have been affected? Well, we're sad to inform you that our entire forum user profile collection (5,000+ records) has been lost. Although we seem to have recovered all of the threads and posts (and who posted the posts), we've lost all e-mail addresses and profiles that correspond to the user names. In order to let users grab their old names again, we've changed all the "recovered" user names to begin with the prefix "o_" (for old user name). That way you can see who made the post, but you won't be prevented from registering under your original forum name. The hidden and sad bottom line here is that yes, you'll have to re-register on the FF forums.

We are pretty disappointed by this whole bit and we're sorry for the inconvenience it's caused some of you. It's hit us hard, too, and we've taken steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again (moving host machines, better and more redundant back-up system, etc.).

Thanks for your patience, and we hope you'll enjoy fragging away on FF soon! The host migration process might have still a few more bumps on the way, so please bear with us as we finish crossing our Is and dotting our Ts. Some folks have put in a lot of hard work to make this transition as smooth as possible, so a huge thanks goes out to them.
How about an update on the fucking game?

You have people come to your site every day hoping to see a new article, but they get nothing.

Throw us a fucking bone.

Part of being a respectable game development group means keeping your customers informed. Granted we are not paying customers, but we are the people who will ultimately decide whether or not your game is successful. We are the people who will play it.

Pacify your followers. Give them something to chew on for a little while. You guys need at least one PR person. If you already have one he's doing a shitty job.
Mortal Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #137
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Moxie
How about an update on the fucking game?

You have people come to your site every day hoping to see a new article, but they get nothing.

Throw us a fucking bone.

Part of being a respectable game development group means keeping your customers informed. Granted we are not paying customers, but we are the people who will ultimately decide whether or not your game is successful. We are the people who will play it.

Pacify your followers. Give them something to chew on for a little while. You guys need at least one PR person. If you already have one he's doing a shitty job.
*throws Mortal a fucking bone*

You happy?, goddamn go whine somewhere else, noone cares. Do you really want to play a rushed game? No you don't , no shut up and be patient like the rest of us.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #138
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Posting an update isn't rushing the game, Kenny.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #139
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

i just got Circuitous'd ,

Old 03-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #140
Mortal Moxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
i just got Circuitous'd ,
No, you just got slapped my common sense.

What I'm requesting that the devs do is not unreasonable. Keep the people informed. It's part of their job.

It's not hard to post a paragraph a week with some info on what they're working on or have accomplished. Atleast we wouldn't be wondering all the time.
Mortal Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote