Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
teh_rape
Supa-leet-cap-a-cop

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Guitar players, HELP!

Edit - OK people... Yes I am new to guitars. Get over it. Yes I am looking for a music store near me, don't bother posting "take it somewhere", I am trying to find a place. Give advice or don't post. Simple as that.

Ok so i'm trying to learn how to play guitar.. one of my strings broke so I restrung it, probably not the best as it was my first time ever doing so. Anyway, I put all the strings on and the B (second from bottom) string rings like a mother fucker. Ring... buzz.. whatever you want to call it. Its so annoying it made me stop playing for a little over a month. I noticed if I hold down any fret it does not make that noise. One of my friends suggested raising the string, it seems it is as high as it will go and still makes the buzzing noise.

So to sum it up- when I play the b string open it rings/buzzes like a mother fucker. When I hold any frets down its normal. What can I do to fix this? All i can tell you is that it's electric. It was given to me and is unmarked so there is no "brand name". Any suggestions are appreciated.

Also i didnt know where else to put this, i figured I cant go wrong with the chat section.

Edit: Also i just found out... where the string goes into the slot before the first fret (whatever that thing is called).. if I take it out of the slot and just lay it on top the buzzing stops.
9:48 PM - Orphic^vi: fuck bitches
1:03 AM - tm: no one remembers me
1:03 AM - tm: except tr the god
1:03 AM - tm: and by tr i mean teh_rape; tfc god

Last edited by teh_rape; 12-02-2009 at 01:35 AM.
teh_rape is offline   Reply With Quote