Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > FF Technical Support

Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
dirtmugurt

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Another launching issue.

I finally got my game running and now i tried to go and play and started receiving weird error messages. i would try and log into a server and get a message saying : "You version is not up to date with the servers version. Please restart game and try again.", something along those lines. Anyways I tried restarting and logging back in multiple times, and still the same result. I tried deleting userdata folder and the client registry.blob files and nothing. After trying multiple times it started to go into a server but then the game shut down and gave me this message "OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CFFGameRules'on the client". Anyone experience the same thing? All my other Vavle Mods and steam games are working fine. FF has been causing me problems lately and I'm sure Steam has something to do with it.

Thanks
dirtmugurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
-mooney-
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 34 Times
might not be usefull but when he joins it shows "unnamed joined the server" instead of "dirt joined the server"
-mooney- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtmugurt View Post
I finally got my game running and now i tried to go and play and started receiving weird error messages. i would try and log into a server and get a message saying : "You version is not up to date with the servers version. Please restart game and try again.", something along those lines. Anyways I tried restarting and logging back in multiple times, and still the same result. I tried deleting userdata folder and the client registry.blob files and nothing. After trying multiple times it started to go into a server but then the game shut down and gave me this message "OnGameRulesCreationStringChanged: missing gamerules class 'CFFGameRules'on the client". Anyone experience the same thing? All my other Vavle Mods and steam games are working fine. FF has been causing me problems lately and I'm sure Steam has something to do with it.

Thanks
Check if you have the latest version of the game.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/wiki...itle=Downloads
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 08-13-2012 at 11:19 PM.
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
dirtmugurt

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
i just downloaded the latest version a week ago. but i will definitely have to check and see. i was playing a few days ago with no issue.
dirtmugurt is offline   Reply With Quote