Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Old 02-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #21
battery
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Okay, Bridget. Just tell me who is going to take over the government after Mubarak is gone.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #22
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I don't know.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #23
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Considering that the US is calling for a democratic government, elected "by the people".... if it's someone that fails to cooperate with the money boys in Washington, then another "change" will be "requested".

Rumour has it; Israel switched the destination of 3 of their missiles to targets in Egypt.... as a "precautionary measure".
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #24
battery
D&A Member

Like Israel, Egypt is located in the middle of no-man's land. Besides the US, Egyptian has to consider how Israel, Arab neighbors and European will react before taking any action. One wrong move and Egypt will become another Gaza. Despite strong nationalistic unity, Egypt is incapable of defending itself against the sharks lurking nearby. It has to ally with somebody.

I can't believe Egyptians citizens only care about their transient employment and economic conditions, but fail to see the big picture. They live in a dangerous world. Without a stable and capable government, their very survival is at risk.

An orderly transition of power is a much better solution for Egypt.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #25
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
A lot of Egyptians are very aware of the big picture. It seems for every rational person who thinks they can move on and wait for September, there are 3 who will not find some middle ground. Some other power players aren't helping either. Like Iran with their propaganda machine or Obama with his indecisive approach. There is a real danger that Egypt can quickly become another Iran where the people are mislead into an even more oppressive regime in the name of social justice. A bunch of students that were involved in the Iranian protests after their last "election" were just hung recently. They did nothing more than go to a square and shout slogans. Anyway...

Sadly I have a trip planned to Cairo in September. :-/ That's the month they are going to hold elections. Assuming the state doesn't fail. Eventually something will give if no one is willing to negotiate. In either case it's not looking good as far as my selfish plans go. When the dust settles it would be nice to still be able to go to Egypt as a non-Muslim and have a beer or two as you can now..

As the liberals often put it, western style democracy doesn't work in the middle east/Africa.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 02-08-2011 at 03:32 PM.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #26
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Mooby is turning out to be quite the stubborn old bastard.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #27
battery
D&A Member

I think Mubarak has secretly gained support from Israel, which is why he is so bold. I feel sorry for the Egyptian soldiers and civilians. They are about to get a taste of Israeli brutality if they don't stand down now.

If I were Mubarak I would just declare myself dictator for life. There aren't too many options to avoid a public execution at this point, other than attaining absolute power. It's all or nothing.

Last edited by battery; 02-11-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #28
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Quote:
I think Mubarak has secretly gained support from Israel, which is why he is so bold. I feel sorry for the Egyptian soldiers and civilians. They are about to get a taste of Israeli brutality if they don't stand down now.
Cold chance in hell that Isreal would do anything overtly. Egypt army is not small. It's the largest in the Arab world. While it's true that Isreal beat the living piss out of Egypt, that was then and no one, not the west not Africa not Iran anyone will let Isreal use force against the people of Egypt.

You are on the side of fascism in this case and are not paying attention to what is actually happening vs the filter of American new media. A couple of days ago I could justify a more moderate stance with Mubaric. Patience is running thin. This is a people based movement not one of ideology of even a figure head. You have a chance to support a grass roots democratic uprising and chose fascism.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #29
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Hollllllleeee shit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Old 02-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #30
battery
D&A Member

Looks like your planned trip to Egypt may materialize...

The military played this really well. They waited until the last moment before staging a coup against Mubarak. Damn, they would not even let Mubarak announce his own resignation.

Last edited by battery; 02-12-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #31
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

I think they gave him the chance the night before and he said "fuck you".

Even Obama shit his pants when he didn't step down the night of his speech. Was probably a fuck you to Obama as well. The military tried th nudge protesters back home today. They are now moving the protest more from the square into the steets. The people of Egypt now have some balls. Not sure I trust the miltary but they have set up a council of some pretty decent acedemics to assist in transition planning.

Last edited by stray kitten; 02-14-2011 at 05:10 PM.