Are all those windows accesible?
Looks like a sniper's paradise. :/
o_shadow34721 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2005, 10:27 PM   #23
o_etzell

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeh
Really liking it - keep up the good work, the atmosphere outside the base looks perfect, i love those days when its like that outside---- but then i want to go into my house where its nice and warm....... so i think im saying i personnally would preffer a slightly "warmer" inside, only example i can think of in a current TFC map is rock2 its not exactly "warm" inside but i think you could implement that sort of style without breaking this map anyway, just a suggestion - obviously the FF textures and what not are not out yet and it sounds like ur doing a lot of work to improve the inside

Keep it going
I'm a BIG fan of this idea. So, basically, have the outside be all cold and unforgiving, and then the inside of the bases being very well-lit, and possibly open as well.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2005, 12:44 AM   #24
o_osiris

My only suggestion to this map would be that you include some form of outdoor lighting mounted on the base. Nothing that would totally brighten up the entire outdoors, but more something that would illuminate the ground up to about 5-10m away from the base. This could help to eliminate the general feeling of bland-ocity (yeah I fucking made that word up, sue me) in the map and add a feeling that the bases are more prepared for an attack. Other than that, I love it!
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2005, 02:52 AM   #25
o_imbrifer

It is sort of a sniper's paradise. I'm considering making it foggy enough that you can't see clearly from one base to the next so snipers don't dominate. Additonally, only the 1st floor of the base allows snipers to see enemies nearby the base.

As for warming the base and opening it up, I actually have been opening up some walls into some grates, making the whole map a bit less prison-esque. Or more prison-esque. Whatever, its more open. I'm working on the lighting still - trying to make fairly dark ceilings with the rest of the room being bright, and it's a pain in the ass. I'll post revised screenies soon.

Oh, and I'll work on a bit of outside lighting when I figure out where to put the spotlights that would aim at the base.
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2005, 05:58 AM   #26
o_ghozt

Looks great besides the mass of gray. I would include some of TFC's team coloring techniques and maybe some glass every now and/or some columns against the walls.
o_ghozt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2005, 06:20 AM   #27
o_osiris

that's all good and fun except for one thing ghozt... there are no team textures yet for this mod.
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #28
o_ghozt

I don't think there are any textures at all released for this mod yet. I meant for him to make them or get them made.
o_ghozt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #29
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghozt
I don't think there are any textures at all released for this mod yet. I meant for him to make them or get them made.
Complete waste of time imo.
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #30
o_shadow34721

Just out of curiosity, what kind of FPS do you get in the yard?
(and what kind of video card are you running it on)
o_shadow34721 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2005, 11:38 PM   #31
o_donny

Bit too dark to my computer. All I see is weapon and sky and few raindrops
o_donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #32
o_racer

The outside looks so cool. Like an east coast day that made me leave for california. I love it.
The inside could use more something to seperate areas or add detail.
Overall looks killer, if it plays as good as its looks have started, it will be very good map.
o_racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2005, 01:19 AM   #33
o_imbrifer

Thanks for the continued feedback. I've been down for about a week (and will be for another week or two) since I'm starting a living cooperative and the internet company hasn't hooked us up yet. Fear not, however, as I'm still working on the map. I'm playing with making the 'back' of the base look better and as Racer suggested, trying to make the areas a little seperate, especially inside.
Right now I'm halfway across the country, so I can't fill you in with FPS details, shadow.. I think I was getting 200-300fps and I have a radeon 9800, but when I'm back at the PC I'll let you know...some how...

to be continued in a week or two...

Old 06-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #34
o_imbrifer

Well, it's about damn time for an update on this map I've been working on. I moved a week ago and have been getting into my three (3) new jobs, but I've worked on it when I could. Here are about a dozen shots:

EDIT: Removed old screenies. Scroll down for new ones!

The images are of the rear big room outside the flagroom, lower bunker from stairs, lower bunker from outside, upstairs spawn from inside, upstairs spawn from battlements, flagroom, big room from flagroom doors, water enterance, base from right, base from left, far right enterance from big room.

I've been playing with team colors, as you can see from the first and last shots... the first shot has textures from Sjoerd "Hourences" De Jong, while the last has textures that come with HL2. (I couldn't get dr. Zaius' textures working)

So as you can see, i'm in the middle of team coloring and texturing the areas. It's pretty obvious what needs texture work (any place with the concrete squares texture), replacement (one of the teamcolor areas) or teamcolor addition. The lighting is also in dire need of revision, which I will address once teamcolor and retexturing has been revised.

Beyond that, the things on my "to-do" list are: a smidgen more brushwork, making the alarm system fully functional, making the enterances more sexy, optimizing, flipping & coloring the blue side, adding mist, and creating a skybox. Once that's all done, I'll do some playtesting in hl2ctf.

Criticism & comments welcome.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #35
o_elvis2049

wow nice work
pls! make a avi when your think ist completely done.
that wouldt be realy sweet
o_elvis2049 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2005, 06:41 PM   #36
o_jared-tm-

Looking good. How's the brightness in-game?
o_jared-tm- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2005, 07:04 PM   #37
o_ginger lord

Looking good, not a fan of gloomy maps. Needs some atmosphere!

Maybe some upwards pointing spotlight beams, maybe in the lake? That would be unique.
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #38
o_drahk

Imbrifer... the map looks nice ... but can you do us all a favor???

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/viewtopic.php?t=1991

Read and make some of the panorams.. ^_^ that would be sweet as hell.. BTW i like the looks of the map so far..
o_drahk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #39
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
Does fog show up on the low end users' systems?

Old 06-22-2005, 11:52 PM   #40
o_imbrifer

Thanks for the feedback, everyone - and Drahk, do you know anywhere I could get the quicktime file hosted once I create it?

I'll boost the lighting where it needs it and add some more atmosphere - skybox would do that, along with environmental effects... and I want to figure out how to do some lightning.. any suggestions?

Mulchman - I don't know if fog shows up on low-end users' systems - thanks for bringing that to my attention. If it doesn't and I rely on fog to shroud snipers, people could turn it off and circumvent the map's constraints. I'll look into alternatives/additions...