Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
o_footlong

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Some Class Specific Questions

Posted two questions in other threads a while ago, but recieved no response. Hoping that I may recieve some feedback/answers here:

Question #1:
Has the dev team commented on or decided whether the sniper zoom will be the traditional TF/CS(Steyr Aug) "Zoom-in", or a more realistic scoped zoom? (Also, if it is the latter, will the scope sway and move while zoomed-in, as it does in DOD, or will it remain stationary?) After seeing the radical redesign of the sniper rifle model (thank god), it seems more fitting to have a scoped zoom IMO.

Question #2:
Will feigned spies be able to stand up if another player is on top of them? I realize that in the "real" world, one wouldn't be able to get up if an enemy was on top of them like that, yet I feel that a spy's inability to stand up and fight in that situation is inherently unfair.
o_footlong is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
o_karnage

Re: Some Class Specific Questions

Quote:
Question #2:
Will feigned spies be able to stand up if another player is on top of them? I realize that in the "real" world, one wouldn't be able to get up if an enemy was on top of them like that, yet I feel that a spy's inability to stand up and fight in that situation is inherently unfair.
rofl, hell no! make sure that stays. that's one of my favorite parts of the game.
o_karnage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #3
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
TFC isn't a realistic mod, so a realistic zoom isn't inherently a good thing. It also raises issues with people altering fov to get a zoom effect.

As for "swaying aim"? No way, that just doesn't fit a fortress mod.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 12:04 AM   #4
o_enrico palazzo

1) I say leave the scoped zoom how it is with TFC, no changes and no swaying. If anyone wants a swaying sniper rifle they can play COD or CS 1.6. Of course if a sniper gets conced his crosshair will sway in that instance.

2) I agree that it feels unfair to not be able to fight with an enemy on top of you while feigning, which is why I like the idea of giving the spy the invisibility ability in place of the feigning ability. Then this situation wouldn't occur.
o_enrico palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 07:12 AM   #5
o_thedarkone

If you guys manage to work feigning in, PLEASE DO NOT remove that. Every class needs to drawback. The spy has the only jib-capable melee weapon in the game, a seriously irritating grenade, good speed, health, armour, and the ability the disguise/feign.

Yes, he loses his disguise if he shoots, but there has to be some weakness to the feign if it stays in.
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 07:28 AM   #6
o_oinker

it would be the same without being able to sit on a spy while hes feigned lol. and invisiblity would be lame i hope the ff teamc an figure out feigning !
o_oinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 08:38 AM   #7
o_dirkpitt

either scoped zoom or the whole screen I really don't care but sway is way out of line of tfc style
o_dirkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote