Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
o_|3iohazard

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
What will you miss about? TFC?

It sucks to lose such a great game, but there are better things coming. I know I will miss the people and the community. Hopefully most will come back to play FF, but there will be alot of new people too.
o_|3iohazard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 05:10 PM   #2
o_maxdamage[btslg]

Re: What will you miss about? TFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |3iohazard
It sucks to lose such a great game, but there are better things coming. I know I will miss the people and the community. Hopefully most will come back to play FF, but there will be alot of new people too.
Huh? Did you loose your hl disk or something? Steam not working? TFC is right there under "My Games" for me...
o_maxdamage[btslg] is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
o_digital_ghost

I'll definatly be playing FF. Soon as it comes out then i'll finally buy HL2 so i can play it. As of now the majority of the mods out right now, arent worth spending $59 on a game in order to play them right now. The fact that CS:S comes with it isnt enough...now FF will be worth spending the money though!
o_digital_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
o_silver

indeed and we already have 1 "tfc is dying!!!" thread, don't need another
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
o_mikequist

i will miss avanti, flagrun, epicenter, and just fun maps. The feeling and look of fun maps. It just isnt really doable in hl2. The shit graphics were great for those. Could u imaging minigolf in source? lol it just wouldnt feel the same. you get my point.
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
o_ghost

I beg to differ. There are a ton of fun/stupid maps for CS:S and HL2DM that look like they were made in 5 minutes. So I guess I don't get your point.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #7
o_silver

i have trouble imagining that

Old 02-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #8
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Things I miss about TFC

Old Netcode (optimized for my ISDN yeah baby!)
Old Mirvs (OMG HE THREW A MIRV! DISCONNECT FROM THE SERVER!)
Old Concs (HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFT OFF!)
Old Pyro (SMOKE IF YOU GOT EM!)
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 11:02 PM   #9
o_ghost

Old mirvs pwned. Yea, they were overpowered probably and people just spammened them but still!!! You used to be able to throw a mirv on the ground in the middle of the 2fort ramp room and it would kill any SG's in the room no matter where they were.

The thing I will miss the most from TFC is pubbing and having fun with my old clanmates. Back when you could recruit people from your server and show them the ropes to TFC leagueplay without him being aliased.

I will also miss the matches where it didn't come down to a spamfest because the offensive people looked at eachother the wrong way.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #10
o_carwash

old concs were the best and the uncapped bhopping!
o_carwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #11
o_3xternal

I will miss playing a game that ran on my first PC, a lowly p3 500 mhz system with onboard video. I got a new system so I could better enjoy TFC, even played it at 1600x1200 for a while. I dread as well as anticipate this new TFC because system power will become a factor in my gaming again.
o_3xternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #12
o_silver

yea it used to be all about bandwith, now it'll all be about bandwith and comp specs

Old 02-04-2005, 06:23 PM   #13
o_sobe green

I first played TFC on:

350mhz (over clocked to 400mhz pwnage!)
8mb video card (came with HL Demo)
On a Dial Up connection.

I remember when if more than one person threw more than one grenade everybody would lag. Back when everybody had 250+ ping. THOSE were the days.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #14
o_returner

Re: What will you miss about? TFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |3iohazard
Today, I got completely burnt out. I deleted my entire Steam folder because I was so fed up with TFC. I don't miss anything in it...

Wireplay servers are the only ones I can play on, and they only run 2fort, well, dustbowl and rock2. All other servers are abandoned, I guess. But that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the redirection bullshit. I actually smashed my keyboard (with my fist) a few times out of sheer frustration. The script usually redirects you before you've established a connection. But not always! Sometimes it waits for you to get into the game, and THEN it shoves a boot up your asshole and sends you to another server, which in turn sends you to the third server, which is empty. Fuck Wireplay.
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #15
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Yea i agree returner, the redirection thing is really infuriating .
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #16
o_sobe green

Returner: Download xfire and go into the Chat section of the forums and find the "Got xfire?" topic. From there add everyone to your list and post your name. Xfire lets you see where your friends are playing and if your friends have friends playing it shows where they are too. Makes it really easy to find servers. Last night I had 3 people in my list in different TFC servers all non Wireplay.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #17
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
Returner: Download xfire and go into the Chat section of the forums and find the "Got xfire?" topic. From there add everyone to your list and post your name. Xfire lets you see where your friends are playing and if your friends have friends playing it shows where they are too. Makes it really easy to find servers. Last night I had 3 people in my list in different TFC servers all non Wireplay.
I don't know anyone who plays TFC.

Anyway, you can ignore my last post (except that part about Wireplay sucking donkey cock)... I'm just venting. I'm probably going to reinstall TFC tonight...
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #18
o_sobe green

Thats what I mean. I don't have anyone on my list that I haven't met through the forums. If anything its an easy way to find servers. Xfire is more than a friends list. Because you don't just see your friends playing. You see your friend's friends playing too.

Old 02-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #19
o__thursday_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ghost
I'll definatly be playing FF. Soon as it comes out then i'll finally buy HL2 so i can play it. As of now the majority of the mods out right now, arent worth spending $59 on a game in order to play them right now. The fact that CS:S comes with it isnt enough...now FF will be worth spending the money though!
What appalls me, is if we want to upgrade to get HL:S or DOD:S we have to purchase a new Steam account and we can not upgrade our current one. CS:S definately isn't good enough, come a year or two, we will see some quality mods though, lets hope FF is included in those.
o__thursday_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #20
o_sithdrummer

I'll only miss the stuff I already do miss.
o_sithdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote