Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2005, 03:40 PM   #1
o_zimbuthemonkey

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I get anxiety attacks every time a staff member says this...

"Oh, we've already got a good/cool/interesting idea on this matter"

Damn it, I wanna know what! Arrrgh... the wait is killing me, and I don't even have Half-Life 2...

Had to get out of my system

Can't wait to see the final results, you guys are doing a great job from what I've seen so far.
o_zimbuthemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
o_qbaler

I agree, but the main feeling I get each time I hear things like "we've actualy already discussed this and came up with a solution you should all enjoy". I just smile because the dev team is so on top of things. The community here spits out some great ideas or suggestions for tfc and for the most part the dev team has already thought of them. So it is clear they have thought A LOT about the concepts, gameplay, ect of the game.
o_qbaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #3
o_3xternal

Quote:
I just smile because the dev team is so on top of things. The community here spits out some great ideas or suggestions for tfc and for the most part the dev team has already thought of them. So it is clear they have thought A LOT about the concepts, gameplay, ect of the game.
I agree completly. It's nice to know the project is in competent hands.
o_3xternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #4
o_silver

worry not for they shall shepard us through the darkness that is development
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #5
o_bluppie

Mmm it reminds me of the Blizzard devs They said exactly the same about some things in WoW. IE I remember they said "The death system is something you are all going to enjoy! It will be a unique experience, and we are all very exited about it!"

It turned out to be a system where you have to walk back to your corpse in ghost form to resurrect (or resurrect at graveyard).. Which is cool for pve, but on pvp it turned out as a mass corpse / graveyard camp fest (at least, on the servers where I play ). Not very fun at all on pvp servers imo :\ I wish they would have just stayed with oldie mmorpg end-up-at-your-home-town way :\ and they said the same with some other things in that game that where a big dissapointment for me (wow is still nice tho :>).

But not that it will be the same for FF of course! But everytime someone says something is going to be very original/interresting/fun it scares me a little Because it's allways so difficult to do right, and so easy to do wrong :\ And when people find a little thing that's not so cool in an overall great new feature, they will whine a lot

But I trust the FF team! I know you want to do everything to make this game perfect. I'm sure it will all turn out great!
o_bluppie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

I'm actually surprised at just how on top of pretty much 99% of issues we are. There has seldom been a post where we have overlooked or not thought of such a problem It's very reassuring when this happens. The forums have also provided us with some extensions to particular ideas or a clutch of entirely new things (or something we'd come up with but forgotten to document). All in all, the forums are proving to be a good development tool

Old 02-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #7
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
I'm actually surprised at just how on top of pretty much 99% of issues we are. There has seldom been a post where we have overlooked or not thought of such a problem It's very reassuring when this happens. The forums have also provided us with some extensions to particular ideas or a clutch of entirely new things (or something we'd come up with but forgotten to document). All in all, the forums are proving to be a good development tool
Glad to be your lab rat. *salutes*
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2005, 12:52 AM   #8
o_mikequist

i know the feeling dooder.
nothing makes my heart skip a beat like when they say "we have a solution to cure bhopin that everyone will enjoy"
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote