Old 04-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Proyect-Z FPS Zombie MMO

Proyect-Z is a MORPG (Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) set in a post-apocalyptic world. implemented with the Orange Box source engine (Half life 2 deathmatch modification).

http://proyectz.kiio.es/

Looks pretty cool,haven't downloaded it yet though.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
I'll give it a shot. Be sure to use the link from MODDB, as the link provided on their forums is temp unavailable.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/proyect-z/downloads/proyect-z

edit: Nevermind, the intro-area server is down. http://devel.proyectz.kiio.es/EstadoServer/

Last edited by Hawk Eye; 04-18-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Hawk Eye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Woah! A zombie Mod on the Source Engine? I have never seen this before.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Yeah that's an original idea!
Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Isn't it sort of like a MMO though? I can't tell since their downloads are broken.

EDIT: I guess they're not anymore.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 04-18-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #6
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
An intriguing idea that I'm willing to give a shot. If any of you guys start playing let me know.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

I started playing and this is how it goes.

You start out in a safehouse and you get 100$ off the bat. You can go buy a gun from the gun clerk and go kill zombies. Zombies drop ammo,food and money. Zombies can also infect you. You can also buy medicine from the medicine shop and use it on your infected body.
There is also one mission lol.

Right now there's not much to do in the game but IT IS just a beta. The most interesting thing about this mod is that it does behave like a MMOFPS.

So yeah I think this is pretty cool and has potential.

Last edited by moosh; 04-22-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:04 AM   #8
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Runs like shit on my computer, but then again every game on Steam runs like shit on my computer right now...

People were throwing barrels around the safehouse, I got hit a couple times, not sure if it actually affected my health or not. Then a zombie broke in, which makes it less a safehouse and more just a house. So yeah, I dunno. Waiting on my new hard drive and I'll give this another shot.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #9
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
It's a MMOG so you have to create an account and log into the forum in order to dl and check it out. They allow a max of 10 characters for both user name and password, no spaces. So can't use stray kitten or straykitten because it's 11 characters. FAIL

They don't have a dedicated dl so I have to wait for megaupload but I am braving this to check it out after reading the site. I am stray if you see me online.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #10
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Version 1.1 is out.

Changelog:

- Now the shop NPCs and Monk can not die.

- Fixed death loop.

- Fixed "Failed to login to place weapons"

- Fixed spawns under the church where many players come at a time.

- Now can not be registered bodies, watch shops, or trades with other players from exaggerated distances.

- The probability of success of the antidote is no longer dependent on the level of constitution.
now depends on the time remaining until you become a zombie. If you've recently infected possibly the antidote will work.

- The church is a safe zone: infected players may not enter, and inside the church does not allow the use of weapons.

- When a player looks for a PK, he will see his name in red. Normal players will have the name in green.

- Enabled new option in Monk in order to hunt down PKs easily with its consequent reward.

- Fixed error when closing a store and just close the inventory.

- Fixed position of spawn back from the city.

- Implemented anti-stuck system. If you are stuck wait until the countdown ends.

- Fixed error that occurred when a trade, one of the two players cancel trade while the other had the contextual menu open.

- Fixed several errors in the maps Iglesia, Afueras y Cercanias.

- When you spawn, for 5 seconds you will be immortal and will have no collision during that time.
So to avoid spawn killers and lock problems when spawned several players at once.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
Icculus
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray kitten View Post
It's a MMOG so you have to create an account and log into the forum in order to dl and check it out. They allow a max of 10 characters for both user name and password, no spaces. So can't use stray kitten or straykitten because it's 11 characters. FAIL

They don't have a dedicated dl so I have to wait for megaupload but I am braving this to check it out after reading the site. I am stray if you see me online.
How about skullbash?
Icculus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
That fits in with the zombie theme. lol

You should dl it Icculus. Not bad if you aren't an idiot like me. I went out side for the first time after spending all my money on a gun and bullets and I was getting munched on by zombies.... munch munch.... so instead of reload I dropped my gun and ran around trying to pick it up and died. Then hung around waiting and no one would save my ass because they were all hanging out in the church chatting. lol. Someone got a free gun that day with a pocket full of bullets.

Quote:
- Fixed spawns under the church where many players come at a time.
Thank god that was so fucking annoying.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote