Discuss.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
feminists are lesbians and hate merica and watch cnn.
the_cake is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
9u-9u-9u
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demoman
Gametype: pipe spawn
Posts Rated Helpful 126 Times
it's not healthy to go against nature, both sexes suffer. feminism causes psychological damage
9u-9u-9u is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #4
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
feminism is more ambiguous than the term globalization. make an actual topic and we can bash women together.

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
SuperDude
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Send a message via AIM to SuperDude
They're good in bed
SuperDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2015, 09:52 PM   #6
_BEAN_

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
Discuss.

Feminism is Male Chauvinism's mirrored reflection.

Last edited by _BEAN_; 03-26-2015 at 09:52 PM.
_BEAN_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #7
_BEAN_

Nice little read for you Moto:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_6651442.html

Old 04-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
noeffeks
Waiting for Warpath

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
I think people need to take a second an separate the idea of feminism from the tumblr feminism. One is about equality, the other is about teenagers being obnoxious and generally giving the whole thing a bad name. Much like in the men's rights there are the dudes who go on a killing spree because women won't sleep with them, and the others are legitimately trying to equalize the courts in things like child custody. One is a legitimate goal to create equality, the other is an idiot who took it too far and gives the whole thing a bad name.

"The problem with having privilege your whole life is that equality starts to look a lot like oppression."
noeffeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #9
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
The word feminism shouldn't even exist, as it is only a small portion of what I'd consider to be equality. It should not matter what social or economic class, background, race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation you are part of or associated with.

The problem with a lot of people's view on feminism today, which you pointed out is usually called 'tumblr feminism' is that it's approach is more to get back at men for the years women have been oppressed in whatever ways a lot of men caused, whether by very serious things from rape to lesser, but still important, things such as employment opportunities, voting rights and many other things.

I'm tired of hearing all these newly popularized words like Shaming, Trigger warnings, cis male scum, patriarchy, misandry, 'rape culture', 'not all men', misogyny and all the sub-sex classes like poly-sexual, pan-sexual, transsexual, etc.

Putting all men in a box like a lot of women have been put in may be great at giving some men a taste of their own medicine, but at the end of the day, most men are not like that and should be treated with the respect and equality that women themselves deserve and it only furthers to exacerbate and slow progress on the whole issue and turn their own agendas against them.

This is actually part of a bigger problem though, one that's not specific just to feminism but with racism and other things as well. The group mentality needs to die quickly and people should start embracing the individual instead. I'm not saying that will fix all the problems in the world, but it's a start. Once we start seeing everyone as just another human, then a lot of that old world type thinking starts to fall apart on its own. And I believe that process has already begun many many years ago. Sure it may have taken quite a while to get where we are today, but I'm starting to see a big shift in how people treat each other.

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 04-23-2015, 12:51 AM   #10
noeffeks
Waiting for Warpath

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Hear hear KubeDawg
noeffeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2015, 05:13 PM   #11
9u-9u-9u
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demoman
Gametype: pipe spawn
Posts Rated Helpful 126 Times
one complaint i notice that is made about the unfair treatment of women is they aren't paid as much as men. but that's misleading, i think a reason they aren't paid as much is because on average they don't negotiate for better salaries as much. at the jobs i've had they've often accepted the base salary and even though it was less than what the men were making who had a similar level of responsibilities they were happy with it
9u-9u-9u is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #12
Bogdan6
El Hombre sin nombre

Class/Position: Medic, Offense
Gametype: Capture the flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I'm cool with any kind of organization and movements as long as they demand equality and rights that everyone should have, not privilleges. As for feminism, I hardly believe it's really necessary in our days. Sure in certain backgrounds such as religious one or certain countries, there is still a level of sexism which needs to be fixed (or not, for some reason I have saw a lot of women complaining about their role in society in general, but passively accepting accusations from the church, but particular case). Unlike in older times, both sexes can now work, in a variety of domains (although most contruction-site workers for instance are men, and that's pretty hard work), both can vote, both take part in making a decision when comes to couples.

Now after browsing the internet for a good while, I have come across various stories in which women falsely acused men for rape or domestic violence and got a lot of support and in various cases, innocent men even being punished. While a man acusing his ex-wife/wife/whatever of domestic violence or reporting that he was raped is almost hardly taken serious. Now it really isn't equallity anymore, we need to keep things in balance.

I also agree with neoeffeks, we should keep the difference between the real feminist movement (which I'm sure it has decent followers with a noble cause) from tumblr feminism which are raging teenagers and/or crazy bitches.
Bogdan6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2015, 12:58 AM   #13
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times

It's shit like this that has to stop.

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 04-28-2015, 03:59 AM   #14
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
there will always be people who want more power. The movement has never been about equality (or at least this specific movement.) is about one group trying to get more power over another group. (in this case its gender.)
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 04-28-2015 at 04:02 AM.
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2015, 04:09 AM   #15
_BEAN_

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeffeks View Post
I think people need to take a second an separate the idea of feminism from the tumblr feminism. "

That is like saying there is a good part of male chauvinism...Feminism isn't about equality, it is about the control of men. It is no different than male chauvinism without the penis.