Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 08-10-2017, 08:52 AM   #1
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
wtf, I remembered my login

seriously surprised I even remembered my username. wth is up guys? I once made a few youtube vids for FF back when youtube wasn't popular. wow, times have really changed. anyway, thought I'd look up FF for nostalgia cuz I've been seeing the words over and watch all over the internet lately. I finally fairly looked at some gameplay, and said to myself, "this is like tfc... this is like FF." And I don't even mean the game, necessarily, I mean the general attitude that seems to come out of it is starting to remind me of the fortress games. it's multiplayer, teams, class-based, fast-paced, supposedly competitive, but I'm not gonna comment on that since I haven't even played it yet. Anyway, I'm an adult now and I'm hearing some little kids talking about this game called overwatch and the way they talk about it, it's starting to remind me of the way I used to talk about these games. And a part of me wanted to slap the tablet out of their hands and say "noobs! you don't know team-based twitch-aiming competition. I mean yeah you have actual professional gaming now, but fuck, if pro-gaming had been around during Fortress-Forever's time, it would probably make overwatch "competitive players" look like scrubs!"

Anyway the moral of this story is I feel old, and I might try OW.
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by be_ View Post
Anyway, I'm an adult now
I'm sorry for your luck.

I still check in on the forums now and then. There isn't much activity, aside from the issues being addressed within the game itself. Such a shame, this used to be a very active forum.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
I still drive by from time to time as well.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
be_

What games are you guys playing nowadays? I have stayed away from almost all multiplayer games since FF. Nothing came close to that kinda badassery for me. Nothing! But that one modern game called Overwatch is making me start to think about trying it out. As for single-player, I just went through the remastered Bioshock trilogy.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #5
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
What games are you guys playing nowadays? I have stayed away from almost all multiplayer games since FF. Nothing came close to that kinda badassery for me. Nothing! But that one modern game called Overwatch is making me start to think about trying it out. As for single-player, I just went through the remastered Bioshock trilogy.
I absolutely love Fallout 4. Stalker Call of Pripyat also gets replay from me after all of these years. Love the post apocalypse genre. Plus I can play for 10 minutes and go back to what I was doing previously.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:05 AM   #6
be_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
I absolutely love Fallout 4. Stalker Call of Pripyat also gets replay from me after all of these years. Love the post apocalypse genre. Plus I can play for 10 minutes and go back to what I was doing previously.
Sweet, I dig the post apocalyptic genre too. I once spent several months playing Fallout 3, and by playing, I mean adding a lot of mods and hoping I didn't break the game, haha. Making different mods compatible with eachother became kind of an obsession for me. I intend to give Fallout 4 a go eventually for sure. As for Stalker, that series has been on my list for some years. But I got the feeling it is going to be one of those games that I play for a long time, so I am saving it for the right occasion. There's a lot of good stuff out there.

Last edited by be_; 08-14-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
Nice story.

Overwatch is alright...*sigh*... I play now and then (caesium#21806).

That's all I play other than maybe 20 mins of FF once a month or so when I see a busy server on a good map. I'm hopeful Quake Champions will be gud although I can't even be bothered to try it until it's out of beta and on steam. Also tempted to try LawBreakers but........*sigh* I guess it's not just you that's old

Old 08-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #8
be_

Hey caesium,

Pretty cool that you mentioned Lawbreakers. Well to add to my story here, I was practically opening my wallet to buy Overwatch when I stumbled onto something that was talking about Lawbreakers. It looked fast paced and more along the twitch-style of gameplay that I was looking for vs Overwatch. It kind of reminded me of Unreal Tournament with all the low gravity. Even the weapons and armors look similar. So I just got that one instead. I'm trying it out and getting my ass handed to me. Probably by fuckin kids... smh. But that's fine. Give me a few months and I'll figure it out.

As for FF, I checked out the Pyro Overhaul Teaser. That's some serious change :S
I think I'm the only one who was fine with original Pyro. In fact, he was all I played in TFC - in pubs of course. I'm sure no clan would have wanted that.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #9
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Hey caesium,

Pretty cool that you mentioned Lawbreakers. Well to add to my story here, I was practically opening my wallet to buy Overwatch when I stumbled onto something that was talking about Lawbreakers. It looked fast paced and more along the twitch-style of gameplay that I was looking for vs Overwatch. It kind of reminded me of Unreal Tournament with all the low gravity. Even the weapons and armors look similar. So I just got that one instead. I'm trying it out and getting my ass handed to me. Probably by fuckin kids... smh. But that's fine. Give me a few months and I'll figure it out.

As for FF, I checked out the Pyro Overhaul Teaser. That's some serious change :S
I think I'm the only one who was fine with original Pyro. In fact, he was all I played in TFC - in pubs of course. I'm sure no clan would have wanted that.
Playing a solid pyro was an artform. If you could cross the gap to the fatass you could circle strafe him until you cooked him. But, yes, pub only. I was usually playing Demo, soldier or Scout at match time.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:09 AM   #10
be_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
Playing a solid pyro was an artform. If you could cross the gap to the fatass you could circle strafe him until you cooked him. But, yes, pub only. I was usually playing Demo, soldier or Scout at match time.
That and aiming/firing the rpg ahead of a scout or medic about to conc jump. Not as easy with distance and such a slow rocket. The spread of the blast helped, though. Good times.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #11
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
That and aiming/firing the rpg ahead of a scout or medic about to conc jump. Not as easy with distance and such a slow rocket. The spread of the blast helped, though. Good times.
Mid air pipe detting from the Demo against that same Medic or Scout. Pure gold when you could make it happen.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:33 PM   #12
GaryBase

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Got to remember it all the time. I put mine in a notebook with a small lock.
GaryBase is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2019, 04:09 AM   #13
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBase View Post
Lol.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #14
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D Engy, D Soldier
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBase View Post
Was removing dead (read: 2+ month offline ppl) from my friend list and noticed Squeek's absence. Couldn't just remove him and poked around his profile for a bit. At some point I couldn't resist and ended up on this website/forum after a few clicks.

Turns out I still have access to my old e-mail address. A few pw resets later and tada.... here I am
Rawh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2019, 11:47 PM   #15
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote