cool

fast bunnyhop and trimping ftw
o_salo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #102
o_helier

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishTang
yeah, don't worry - the AC sound is getting a complete one over.
Splitting hairs, but the current one fires more bullets than actual barrel changes on the current one. The sound 'fires' more bullets than the animation suggests; would be fixed with a quicker start up rotation animation of the gattling gun.
o_helier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #103
o_stephen

fappity fappity *fap*fap*fap*

ahhhh
o_stephen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #104
o_sh4x

BT, I'm happy to hear that you're redoing the AC sound completely, I think it needs more VRRMFFF.

You know, kinda like when a car goes on turbo.
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #105
o_()))crayola))_>

cz2 is looking like heaps 'o fun right now.
o_()))crayola))_> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #106
PHISH
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grg
1. That double jump thing is really the Quake trimp? There's 3 jumps on the video, and on all of them you jump twice but use the ramp. So, from what I've seen, is it a trimp where you need one jump before? Or you could just walk on the ramp and then get an extra impulse for jumping (which is the real trimp)?
For double jumping you get more height by jumping off a surface w/in x seconds of your last jump, so naturally that second jump has to occur off a higher object than your first. Trimp doesn't require a jump before it just converts your velocity in say the horizontal direction to contribute to the vertical upon jumping off an incline. So if you approached a ramp really fast horizontally, say from a conc and jumped upon hitting a ramp you would get rocketed upwards to a significant degree.

Quote:
2. The burning time is the same as in TFC? Because it looked like the HW burned for a little longer than we're used to. Also would like to know if the damage from burn is higher. In other words, is pyro stronger on FF?
Pyro is stronger due to differences in his IC and his increased movement. Damage from direct burn is higher and its easier to hit them directly w/ the flamethrower. The after flame damage still needs to be refined to work how we want it (perhaps w/ stacked flame damage), but functionally and damage wise it works good now.

Quote:
3. When the AC gets full warmed up, if you still hold fire it will just cool down and shoot or won't shoot at all until you release the button?
Just think of it as the following: pressing +attack increases rotation speed of the barrel, letting off allows it to decelerate. It will fire bullets above a certain rotation speed threshold, regardless of whether you are holding +attack or not. Above a certain speed it will overheat, so you need to throttle it to keep it at a high level in combat. I'd like to halve the ammo consumption, lower the damage and increase the rate of fire..just cause I think it needs to be faster for more awesomeness and coverage. (turning cheats on and increasing the rof to a billion rounds per second is fun...may have an avi of this in the future)

Quote:
4. The sniper trace thing needs some explanation. It locks on the first person you aim or the first person you shoot? If you shoot another target, will it lock on this one? If yes, is there how to keep tracing the old target? I'm just curious here, I think it's a great (and balanced) feature for the sniper, no matter how it's going to be.
Right now it tags regardless, but there's a timelimit to each tag we will need to tweak. For example maybe there will be a pool of "tag time" of like 40 seconds. If 4 people are tagged theirs would only last for 10 seconds each, if only 1 person is tagged it would last up to 40 seconds. Just an idea, it hasn't been unbalancing in our current implementation, even in hunted w/ president being able to be tagged. It actually makes for some really tense moments for body guards if the prez has a tag. Snipers get a little period to try to be gung ho, if the bodyguards and prez are smart they hunker down in a protected area and don't try to move until it expires.

There's going to be lua control for who can and cannot be tagged. For example we think its a good idea for the president to showup as tagged all the time for the bodyguards, so they can always know where he is if they are in the area.
Quote:
And some pertinent questions about the spy:

5. Just making sure: when you backstab one enemy, you instantly puts his clothes? Using the knife will take out your disguise (without backstabing, which will get you a new one right away)?
I think you only get the disguise of the player if you were disguised before the one hit kill stabbing. So you could be cloaked and disguised and take out the player w/ a backstab, instantly assuming his position. If you are undisguised before backstabbing it will not take the disguise (I think..).

Quote:
6. There's two types of cloak. On the silent one, you have to stand still and just get cloaked. On the regular one (you can do it moving) you fake a dead body and then cloaks. I think that there must be some way of "cloak checking" by looking into the body. Something like, you shoot the fake body and it doesn't blood (assuming it does right now), or make some different noise. Or else it'll be just too powerful, IMO. I mean, if you didn't pay attention to the frags on the corner of the screen, there'll be no way to know if he's there or not. Have you guys thought about this?
Of course, but they are slightly visible, and unless they pulled off the timing of their fake death perfectly you'll be able to pick up on it by being alert.
PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #107
o_darksoul

yar that hop speed is looking fucking a
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #108
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeat
1) i dunno if this was already answered/asked but...After you sabotage the SG, do you tell it WHEN to turn on everyone. That would be awesome for timing things on offence.
Yeah, after the sabatoge, you have to activate a command (it's a bind right now, but it will be put into the vgui menu at some point) to get the SGs to attack. After you activate the command, the sentries will attack their own team for 10 seconds, then revert back to normal (unsabotaged) operation. If I remember correctly, the sabotage also is removed if the Spy that did it is killed.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #109
o_mrmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
I'm surprised no one complained about my shit crosshairs yet

theyre pretty big, but FF has tons to choose from in game, right? I hope the TFC ones are in.

too bad there wasn't any concjumping shown in the video, but it's still awesome and shows how complete the game is.

how fast is the bunnyhopping anyway? I hope its still around %170
o_mrmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #110
o_grg

Thanks for clearing things up, Phish.

I think that 40 seconds might be too much for the tracer. That'd be 10 seconds for player, and on a rush (on a serious war), that's usually how much the offence players last. But yeah, you guys will fix things up. And you have to watch very carefully for cheaters with this.

Ah, and would be nice if the tagged player knew that he's being followed by the sniper. He would be tense, careul, looking for where the sniper is and such.

And for the spy, if he attacks with the knife, will he lose his disguise?

EDIT: yeah, I'd like some different crosshairs there. My current one is a white little dot that's the same for all classes. I'd love if FF have some simple crosshair to choose :P
o_grg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #111
o_nodnarb

I think 40 seconds would be alittle much as well
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #112
o_ghost

If you've been tagged is there some sort of indication that you have been? Also, is there an indication when your tag has expired?
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #113
o_ducksausage

Weeeee!

Good show!
o_ducksausage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #114
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
grg, the tag from the sniper is visible to all your teamates and allies.

re: the tag time, we'll make sure it's balanced.

re: indication of tag, yes you'll know when you are tagged and see when it wears off.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #115
o_blister

great work guys, 2 thumbs up. it seems you managed to harness some of source's powers and implemented some great new tricks and abilities that will make gameplay even more interesting than tfc's. Seems every class is now worthy of appearing regularly in clanwars. I can picture this scenario where the spy cloaks, sabotages the enemy sg in their fr, then waits for the "go" of the offense in teamspeak, and while the sg is shooting the def, the off concs in and grabs the flag (now that i think about it it might be a bit unbalanced ). Like someone mentioned, you'd be appointing spies and snipers before a war.

Apart from that i'm glad with the video because now us mappers now what the general gameplay speed will be. Gordon is slow as hell
o_blister is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #116
o_dragonjojo

Quote:
YIf I remember correctly, the sabotage also is removed if the Spy that did it is killed.
Can scouts still disarm detpacks?

Can scouts take enemy spys out of disguise/cloak?

Can scouts undo the SG sabotage?
o_dragonjojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #117
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Heh, scouts can still disarm, I found out that you can't stand on top of a detpack when its dropped and expect to be exploded - it just disappears... dammit.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #118
o_gogeta

im not really scared how its going to work, i can see how its going to work in many different situations.
I think its stupid, but i dont know, i havent played it. skill maps, yes, old ctf maps could be destroyed D:
(congestus and xpress to name 2 :>)
o_gogeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #119
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonjojo
Can scouts still disarm detpacks?
Yup

Quote:
Can scouts take enemy spys out of disguise/cloak?
Disguise, yes; Cloak, not atm (though we might add that)

Other things we are considering adding is having EMPs "short out" all Spy cloaks a certain radius from the explosion.

Quote:
No
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #120
o_spiderman

Quote:
Quote:
No
and the engineer can? or its impossible to undo the sabotage?
o_spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote