Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
give me a small v honey :~
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #103
o_soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk

soundman long way to go i reckon - layout isnt bad, but yeh - keep looking at texture options
Yea I'm starting to really like the layout, want to really do this map justice without changing the game play, which will be difficult. I also want to stay fairly true to the original with a couple different changes. Still playing with a lot of different texture, those on the walls are by no means the final ones yet.

sound
o_soundman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM   #104
o_valk

look at the achitecture too
curved walls create less clipping and if nto used too much, looks easier on the eye

Old 03-21-2005, 08:07 PM   #105
o_epothon

Hey,
been pretty inactive in mapping for tfc.. was doing FortressEurope ( its a map I was making for TFC, that got put in the fridge since I stopped playing TFC ) and I was redoing it for FF but the flagroom got condemned to large

(pics of TFC version)
(pics of FF version)

but now after I got hooked on world of warcraft.. I kindof left it alone again, but im restarting, got some exams left but I got vacation after that so im restarting from scratch with a smaller version of the flagroom but im gone make it more interesting allover so I hope to give you all some pics soon
o_epothon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2005, 10:45 PM   #106
o_valk

dude, finis the tfc version - it looks almost done @_@
and it looks very good too, finish it D:

Old 03-21-2005, 10:54 PM   #107
o_valk

more i look at the tfc version, more i like it D:
wish you'd finish it !

Old 03-21-2005, 11:01 PM   #108
o_nomak

Koochy Casbah isnt going to be made anymore. Sobe green dropped out, he said it somewhere on this sticky i think its page 3 or 4. Or some other topic but hes not doing it anymore because he needs more ram and better vid card.

BTW that fortress euro map looks nice(tfc)version but that flag room is a chad to big lol.
o_nomak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2005, 11:09 PM   #109
o_valk

na keep that size, the water balances it out
simply because you gotta get it off the bridge without falling in
be fun map ~ finish it!

Old 03-22-2005, 12:39 AM   #110
o_nomak

alrite Valk you win but i still think the falgroom is a chad to big even if it has water to balance it out. Here let me give you an example. Since it is big engi's could build sg's in spots where it would be hard to destroy and since the flag room is long the couts or medics would have a tough time gettin the falg or even gettin near it before being killed. sure the water may make it balanced but then again engi's would rule the day once more. This is just my opinion of course the map maker could keep what he likes.

Ok i have one question for you people. In side each base i placed two good engi platforms that also include a ladder leading up to a secondary platform for snipers aswell. Should i just make one or keep both for balancement?

Old 03-22-2005, 02:27 AM   #111
o_valk

- conc from one entrance towards sg and i can promise u that u will take it down (and urself)
- send a spy will get it down
- as soon as sg is down, like most flagrooms, that flag will be on its way for a long run

~

Old 03-22-2005, 04:08 AM   #112
o_koochy

Updated! Casbah removed (I thought I took that out :<) and FortressEurope added! (both TFC and FF images) :D
o_koochy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #113
o_epothon

Well thanks for the nice comments

im not gone finish the TFC version simply because i hvnt got the map files anymore and defrag pointed me on some gameplay issues that might occur so the TFC layout is history, but the architecture is gone remain the same style for the new FF version, gone redo the entire flagroom from scratch again, tad smaller, same layout, more light and more atmosphere aswell

i just wish i had the FortressForever textures cause its a b*tch atm to do some nice mapping since i like playing with textures/colours

anyway got 2 more exams (2days) to go before i can seriously restart things.. ill keep you guys posted

EDIT:

got a lil sneak preview of what iv done this afternoon: Pic
keep in mind that this is far from finished, this is just a general shape/direction..
i just wanted some oppinions since its way smaller n stuff than the previous one

Old 03-22-2005, 08:43 PM   #114
o_nomak

o no epothon take away those hl1 light textures i see at the right of the screenshot they looks HORRIBLE compared to the rest of the map. If ur making it through hl2dm selection get a propstatic and go WORLDMODEL then go to the one that says klienerlab or something like that and in there is a nice model of light exactly like that use that instead lol. BTW it looks great and im guessing that in that blue part of the wall will be the logo? or something saying "Flag room" btw the blue lights on the cieling..where is it comeing from? you should use sources new physic rope thing to make dangling blue lites coming out of the wall and heading up to thsoe blue spots. BTW if there isnt any thing above that rock wall why not make a hole in it and put a grate over it so it could add more atmosphere to the level.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:38 AM   #115
o_gogeta

link to DNA dont work
o_gogeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 03:42 AM   #116
o_koochy

Headz updated some images D:! You can see them here!
o_koochy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 07:49 AM   #117
o_thedarkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomak
o no epothon take away those hl1 light textures i see at the right of the screenshot they looks HORRIBLE compared to the rest of the map.
I can't really see what you're talking about, but I 'm going to guess that you're mistaking the bilinear filtering on the floor for bad texturing.
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 02:25 PM   #118
o_epothon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomak
o no epothon take away those hl1 light textures i see at the right of the screenshot they looks HORRIBLE compared to the rest of the map. If ur making it through hl2dm selection get a propstatic and go WORLDMODEL then go to the one that says klienerlab or something like that and in there is a nice model of light exactly like that use that instead lol. BTW it looks great and im guessing that in that blue part of the wall will be the logo? or something saying "Flag room" btw the blue lights on the cieling..where is it comeing from? you should use sources new physic rope thing to make dangling blue lites coming out of the wall and heading up to thsoe blue spots. BTW if there isnt any thing above that rock wall why not make a hole in it and put a grate over it so it could add more atmosphere to the level.
- Yeh i know what you mean by the HL1 light textures, Ill use models instead
- the blue logo on the back wall is gone be the teamlogo (since there arnt any textures available yet )
- the blue lights on the rock are just light entitys, just to give an impression of what it would look like at the end, i know light doesnt come out of nothing so there will be lights to represent that blue shine

ill change the whole upper part of the room since i dont like it one bit, also the side's will be different

1 exam to go

Old 03-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #119
o_nomak

TheDarkOne-
I can't really see what you're talking about, but I 'm going to guess that you're mistaking the bilinear filtering on the floor for bad texturing.

i was takling about the hl1 light texture at the right top side of the screenshot. BUthe said he was going to change it so now its al good.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #120
o_epothon

ugg.. i absolutely HATE the lighting entitys for HL2
the light entity's themselfs are crap..
the light_spots rnt visable when they are behind a grate texture..
and there are way to few light models available

hopeless

Edit:
this is where iv gotten to now..
PICTURE
and yes i used the texture lights behind the grate things, but atleast they work
been f*cking around with light settings for 2 hours.. trying lightbeams n stuff but the engine just tells me to bugger off and cba to show them ingame

anyway gone do the ceiling next and when i cool down ill do the waterlighting n stuff