Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #21
o_mescalito

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
what freaking evidence? are we in some Dick Tracy movie? reaunouncing the game every couple of years?

ok forget about it. we're done. you keep the kids.

p.s
good luck and i wish you prosperity. i really hope that the game will come out and you prove me wrong.
i'm not going to bash them anylonger. not really into that. to geeky and boring for me.

last p.s

yea they fucking OWE us. you make a promise, you keep it or say you can't.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #22
o_sh4x

When you say someone is a liar, you better have proof of it. It's not like saying someone is red or blue. Maybe one day you will understand that.

Back when they started, every game company had to give an estimated release date. 3DRealms was no different. Most companies do not meet the release date, 3DRealms didn't.

And they learned from it. Ask for an estimated release date today, all you're gonna get is "when it's done". What else do you want?

Now some people are whining because there is no estimated release date. You get the point.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #23
o_mescalito

you are deluding yourself into a belief that someone here is "whining". peeps only whine about stuff they care.

that interview i posted is old and i posted it as a joke. which it is for me.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #24
o_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4x
Oh so this is why all of you are whining. You think 3DRealms owe you a sequel, and within a dealine too!
I didn't say they or any other publisher owes anyone anything. I'm trying to say that the longer you wait to release the game after it has been announced, the more people are going to forget about it/not care about it.

It's great that 3DRealms wants to create a high quality, polished game. The hardcore fans who followed the development for all the years will probably enjoy the game a lot.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #25
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalito
you are deluding yourself into a belief that someone here is "whining". peeps only whine about stuff they care.

that interview i posted is old and i posted it as a joke. which it is for me.
When I said "Now some people are whining because there is no estimated release date. You get the point."

I wasn't talking about people here. I was talking about some people on 3DRealms' forums.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:16 PM   #26
o_ghost

Funny, you directly quoted me and said "Oh so this is why all of you are whining." I guess our ESP detectors don't go off when you are talking about people on other forums.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #27
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
I didn't say they or any other publisher owes anyone anything. I'm trying to say that the longer you wait to release the game after it has been announced, the more people are going to forget about it/not care about it.

It's great that 3DRealms wants to create a high quality, polished game. The hardcore fans who followed the development for all the years will probably enjoy the game a lot.

I don't think it matters really. Computer games come and go, just like gamers.

You can't expect to make a big hit just with the hardcore fans. You need to interest everyone out there to have a hit. Hardcore fans or not, you're gonna have a hit if the game sells well to the mass. So saying they need to hurry before all their fans disapear or they are in trouble makes no sense.

Who cares if the sequel comes 20 years after... if the game is good, it's gonna sell in it's time.

In fact, the only games that should be rushed out before the fans disapear are the games that suck. That way they can make money off the hardcore fans.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #28
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
Funny, you directly quoted me and said "Oh so this is why all of you are whining." I guess our ESP detectors don't go off when you are talking about people on other forums.
I kinda used your quote to reply to Mescalito, I shouldn't have done that sorry.

The "You" I used was like "all the other people on earth". I apologize for that.

I lack english vocabulary so I tend to use easy words like whining and stuff like that to express myself. I learned english from reading on internet forums and it's not the best place for elaborated sentences.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #29
o_frenchtoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4x
You guys dissing 3DRealms are just pathetic.

They have the potential to make the best game ever for you to enjoy.
Or, to never make one.

Quote:
Luckily for us, they have the budget to keep working on this title for as long it takes to make it the best game they could ever make.
Luckily for them they have people like you to think they're still making this game.

Quote:
Luckily for us, they are very talented for creating fun games... nobody can deny that Duke3D was one of the funniest games at that time.
Fun and funny aren't the same thing.

Quote:
Luckily for us, they won't settle for a crappy game like other companies would *caught* id *caught* just cause they have commercial deadlines.
You must have a terrible cold to have to *caught*

Quote:
They are busting their ass off to make the most enjoyable game out there and all you find to do is whine like fucking babies and make fun of them because you don't have it now now! now!!
10 years is enough. We're not whining because we don't have it now now! now!!, it's because they've gone on for the last 10 years about it, and now it's getting tiresome.

Quote:
I REALLY don't understand..... you want good games but you can't wait for them... that's childish. Good games take longer to make and they don't owe you a game.
The best games I've ever played haven't taken 10 years and endless hype. *caught* Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Duke Nukem 1, Duke Nukem 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Guild Wars, Warcraft, Starcraft, Homeworld etc. etc. *caught*

Quote:
They should be respected for standing up like they do. Any other company would have bent under the pressure from the greedy publishers and the bitchy public and would have released an unfinished game like a shitload of companies out there do, but they really wanna make it awesome... and you diss them for that. Pathetic.
You're right. Good for them to stand up for themselves, and not care about what the public says. So for the last 10 years they've steadily gone downhill to the point that the public doesn't give a shit about what they say. Good move!

Quote:
p.s.: if you think 3DRealms isn't working on DNF anymore and that it will never come out, you need to read GB's posts on their forums.
p.s., 10 years ago he said the same thing.

Might I point out how you, Sh4x, keep whining about FF. But like actually whining. When most of us post in the BAUT it's just 'cause we're bored or whatever, but you make lengthy posts about how you've given up hope of FF because they don't release any media. And yet, you're trying to defend this game which has nothign to show for itself in 10 fucking years?!?!. And your defense is that GB posts on the forums. None of that around here from the devs though, of course. I guarantee you this mod will be out in less than 10 years, and it will be leaps and bounds better than DNF, since it's not coming out.

Pick a side, or shut up. I choose the latter.

Last edited by o_frenchtoast; 04-12-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #30
o_sh4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Might I point out how you, Sh4x, keep whining about FF. But like actually whining. When most of us post in the BAUT it's just 'cause we're bored or whatever, but you make lengthy posts about how you've given up hope of FF because they don't release any media.
lol I'm sorry, what??

I what?

Where? when? ??

PLEASE, show me where I made a lengthy post about how I've given up hope for FF because they don'T release any media.

Last edited by o_sh4x; 04-12-2006 at 09:53 PM.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #31
o_frenchtoast

*sigh*

/starts wading through the BAUT

Old 04-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #32
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Don't bother. This thread's going nowhere.

Closed Thread